Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Rival
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steelseries Rival - Page 119

post #1181 of 2805
Test for input lag ? Pretty easy... just high speed camera man... don't trash talk.
post #1182 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnrtb View Post

test for mouse input lag ? you will need a special equipment for that, most likely something that doesn't exist.
the equipment will need to move the mouse by itself (with a motor) and test the usb signal by itself.

I don't mean a professional test biggrin.gif so far I've read one post where the person "felt" that there was some sort of lag (input or otherwise). I would just like someone else to report back about the new firmware saying whether it firstly fixed the bug it was supposed to and whether the fix has caused any adverse effects such as input lag. This is obviously going to be subjective however if multiple people reported back having been on the bugged firmware and now on the new firmware there can be some consensus.
R116
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820k @ 4.6GHz / 4.3GHz Asus X99 Deluxe Nvidia GTX 980Ti 4 X 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung 850 Evo 250GB EK Supremacy Evo  EK Mosfet X99 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Titan X Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360 Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240 Alphacool VPP655T + EK D5 X-RES 200 CSQ 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 x5 Corsair AF140 x1 Windows 10 Pro x64 Benq XL2730Z @ 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA 850W Supernova G2 Corsair 750D Zowie EC2-A 
Mouse PadAudioOther
OCUK Mega Mat / Steelseries QCK+ CREATIVE Soundblaster Z mCubed T-Balancer 
  hide details  
Reply
R116
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820k @ 4.6GHz / 4.3GHz Asus X99 Deluxe Nvidia GTX 980Ti 4 X 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 2TB Samsung 850 Evo 250GB EK Supremacy Evo  EK Mosfet X99 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-FC Titan X Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360 Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240 Alphacool VPP655T + EK D5 X-RES 200 CSQ 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair SP120 x5 Corsair AF140 x1 Windows 10 Pro x64 Benq XL2730Z @ 144Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire TK EVGA 850W Supernova G2 Corsair 750D Zowie EC2-A 
Mouse PadAudioOther
OCUK Mega Mat / Steelseries QCK+ CREATIVE Soundblaster Z mCubed T-Balancer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1183 of 2805
I can't feel any added lag, had original firmware (non CPI bug) before updating to this latest one.
post #1184 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor 116 View Post

I don't mean a professional test biggrin.gif so far I've read one post where the person "felt" that there was some sort of lag (input or otherwise). I would just like someone else to report back about the new firmware saying whether it firstly fixed the bug it was supposed to and whether the fix has caused any adverse effects such as input lag. This is obviously going to be subjective however if multiple people reported back having been on the bugged firmware and now on the new firmware there can be some consensus.

There is no added input lag.. I got the new firmware last night and now my rival performs flawlessly. The "lag" he might be referring to is most likely a placebo effect of whatever dpi he is using ACTUALLY being that dpi now.. For example before the firmware update with my 400dpi and 3.2 sensitivity I would turn about 430 degrees in quake with a full mouse pad swipe.. but now after the firmware update i only turn 400 degrees (like it should be on 400dpi with my sensitivity because thats how many degrees i would turn with my old deathadder on the same dpi and sensitivity)

The firmware update fixed the dpi jumping higher (obviously) and now everyones sensitivities will feel a tad bit slower then they were before since their dpi actually stays at the dpi they have it set to now instead of randomly jumping higher so he might be perceiving that as "input lag" but I can assure you that the response time doesnt feel any bit slower than it was before the update or i would definitely notice given that i play two fast paced fps games at a highly competitive level
post #1185 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor 116 View Post

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on the new firmware, I'm seeing some saying they are feeling some sort of input lag and others saying all is fine. Can someone with the mouse do some testing with the firmware prior to the "cpi bug" and the latest firmware that is supposed to resolve the "issue"?

i downgraded my firmware to get rid of the dpi switch bug, upgraded to latest and there is no difference between them for me. Both work as intended!
post #1186 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post

My Rival is newer and it has spazzed out a few times playing.

which mousepad are you using? I am using a Puretrack Talent and have no problems at all, my buddy is using the Qck+ in black and has spazz out issues(which is weird, since usually one coloured pads are better. )
post #1187 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by James N View Post

which mousepad are you using? I am using a Puretrack Talent and have no problems at all, my buddy is using the Qck+ in black and has spazz out issues(which is weird, since usually one coloured pads are better. )

I'm using a black Zowie GRF pad. Never had issues with other firmware. Except for the newest. I really love the feel of the mouse after the update. May go back to my kana v2 and do the tape trick.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Gaming K6 EVGA GTX 1080TI SC Black Edition 16GB Corsair Red LED 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 500Gb M.2 Samsung 500Gb 850 Pro 1TB WD black sata 6 XSPC watercooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Ent 64bit BenQ XL2720z Logitech G810 Corsair AX750 Red/Black sleeved cables 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define S Steelseries Sensei 310 Steelseries QcK+ Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7700k Asrock z270 Gaming K6 EVGA GTX 1080TI SC Black Edition 16GB Corsair Red LED 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Evo 500Gb M.2 Samsung 500Gb 850 Pro 1TB WD black sata 6 XSPC watercooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Ent 64bit BenQ XL2720z Logitech G810 Corsair AX750 Red/Black sleeved cables 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define S Steelseries Sensei 310 Steelseries QcK+ Logitech G430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1188 of 2805
I thought that the newest firmware would eliminate all problems that I experienced but it didn't. Guys I guess I really need your help. When I just install engine everything is perfect, but the next day I turn on the PC the mouse becomes sluggish, there adds some kind of input lag. I had similar problems with sensei so I don't think it's the mouse. It seems I've done everything but nothing helps. I would be grateful for any help.

Also it seems that Rival has very low LOD. I lift it about 0.5-1mm and it stops tracking. Razer goliathus control has pretty rough texture and maybe this one is the cause. It behaves so inconsistent that the problem is hard to determine what kills the perfomance of mouse.
Edited by Mariachi - 4/15/14 at 11:02pm
post #1189 of 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariachi View Post

I thought that the newest firmware would eliminate all problems that I experienced but it didn't. Guys I guess I really need your help. When I just install engine everything is perfect, but the next day I turn on the PC the mouse becomes sluggish, there adds some kind of input lag. I had similar problems with sensei so I don't think it's the mouse. It seems I've done everything but nothing helps. I would be grateful for any help.

Also it seems that Rival has very low LOD. I lift it about 0.5-1mm and it stops tracking. Razer goliathus control has pretty rough texture and maybe this one is the cause. It behaves so inconsistent that the problem is hard to determine what kills the perfomance of mouse.

I would suggest to install the driver, set the mouse up and then uninstall it or try to play with the mouse on another pc which hasn't the driver installed.
post #1190 of 2805
Mariachi - my LOD is like you said with goliathus speed (textured like QCK, nothing like the control edition) ... I don't think your mouse pad will give you any problem. Anyway if it is sluggish after some time, it is 100% a software issue, honestly there's nothing to try other than reinstalling windows IMO. Also try to update bios before you reinstall, maybe your USB rom will be different.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Rival