Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Rival
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steelseries Rival - Page 246

post #2451 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivex View Post

Hey guys,

Just got the Rival 300 in Gunmetal Grey, on the box itself it says 2000 CPI and 20G acceleration, while on every other Rival 300 it's listed as 6500 CPI and 50G acceleration.

Is this just a misprint on a box or is the grey version a bit different?
Thanks in advance.

Pic: 11lu6b6.jpg

There is no difference between the Gunmetal/Silver version or any other version, so i think it is a misprint or he is selling fake rivals.
post #2452 of 2803
Got a Rival 300 with Firmware Version: 0.32.0.0. Atm I am not having any skipping/mwheel issues, should I stay with the current firmware or upgrade and risk the mwheel problems, what are the positives and negatives of the new firmware compared to mine?
post #2453 of 2803
To those of you who own the Rival 300, how is the build quality/feel when compared to let's say a Zowie mouse? Some reviews say that it feels a bit cheap and M1/M2 are not very crisp. Do you like it?

I have ordered one and I am expecting it this week, I'm kinda anxious to see if I'm going to like it.
Pwnage
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA 780 Classified Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB Noctua DH-D14 Win 7 DELL U2311H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire TK (brown switches) Seasonic G-650 TT Armour LCS Razer DA 2013 
Audio
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Pwnage
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H EVGA 780 Classified Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB Noctua DH-D14 Win 7 DELL U2311H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quickfire TK (brown switches) Seasonic G-650 TT Armour LCS Razer DA 2013 
Audio
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2454 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivex View Post

I got it from a local chain shop all over the country, all their gunmetal grey models are the same apparently. Although I found out another shop sells the 6500cpi model, so it's kinda confusing.
I guess it's best I do that before opening it.

FYI, you can open boxes without it looking like you have opened it, if you have skillz, that is.
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
I7-2600k Asus GTX 1070 BenQ XL2411T 144 hz Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Be Quiet Power Zone 750 W PSU Silverstone SG09 Logitech G403 Mionix Sargas XXL 
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 32ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2455 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by solz View Post

There is no difference between the Gunmetal/Silver version or any other version, so i think it is a misprint or he is selling fake rivals.

my box looks exactly the same (and comes directly from SS).
I guess it is a misprint or something
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Asus Prime X370-PRO Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4-2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM961 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s NVMe SanDisk Ultra Plus Notebook 2.5" SSD WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB 3.5" WD Black WD1003FZEX 64MB 3.5" 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Electronics GH24NS95 DVD-RW SATA 1.5Gb/s Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Noctua NF-A14 FLX (Output) Noctua NF-A14 FLX (Input) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-A14 FLX (Input) Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit  Benq XL2411T SteelSeries 6GV2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
450 Watt be quiet! Straight Power E9 Non-Modula... Corsair Carbide 600Q SteelSeries Rival 310 ZOWIE GTF-X 
AudioAudio
FiiO E10K Olympus 2 DAC Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Asus Prime X370-PRO Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium Edition Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4-2666 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SM961 M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s NVMe SanDisk Ultra Plus Notebook 2.5" SSD WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB 3.5" WD Black WD1003FZEX 64MB 3.5" 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Electronics GH24NS95 DVD-RW SATA 1.5Gb/s Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Noctua NF-A14 FLX (Output) Noctua NF-A14 FLX (Input) 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-A14 FLX (Input) Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64bit  Benq XL2411T SteelSeries 6GV2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
450 Watt be quiet! Straight Power E9 Non-Modula... Corsair Carbide 600Q SteelSeries Rival 310 ZOWIE GTF-X 
AudioAudio
FiiO E10K Olympus 2 DAC Superlux HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2456 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanL View Post

my box looks exactly the same (and comes directly from SS).
I guess it is a misprint or something
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That's a relief to know. I ended up opening it up, I can set the CPI to 6500 so that's great, I guess it's just a misprint.

As a side note, I had the Rival 100 Black for a few days prior to the Rival 300 Gunmetal Grey and for some reason I was more comfortable with the Rival 100 (I play CS:GO & LoL). i guess it will take a while to get used to this one as well.
post #2457 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmanwarz View Post

To those of you who own the Rival 300, how is the build quality/feel when compared to let's say a Zowie mouse? Some reviews say that it feels a bit cheap and M1/M2 are not very crisp. Do you like it?

I have ordered one and I am expecting it this week, I'm kinda anxious to see if I'm going to like it.

M1/M2 were plenty crisp when I had one

Other aspects of the build quality were piss poor though for instance the wheel bounced around when you're scrolling with it and...
Unlike any other mouse I've used (where there is a seperator of some sort between the left and right buttons) there is nothing like that on the Rival, just a 1-2mm gap between them after the mouse wheel so if you're like me playing fallout 4 and held right click to get the scope up and left click to fire, the buttons clashed or left got caught on the top of right. Very annoying.

Shame because it was very comfortable :/
post #2458 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleets View Post

M1/M2 were plenty crisp when I had one

Other aspects of the build quality were piss poor though for instance the wheel bounced around when you're scrolling with it and...
Unlike any other mouse I've used (where there is a seperator of some sort between the left and right buttons) there is nothing like that on the Rival, just a 1-2mm gap between them after the mouse wheel so if you're like me playing fallout 4 and held right click to get the scope up and left click to fire, the buttons clashed or left got caught on the top of right. Very annoying.

Shame because it was very comfortable :/

Which Rival version was it? The first one? I had these issues with first version of the Rival. The scrollwheel was bad and rattled and the mouse buttons did touch each other due to the small gap. I got an updated White version later and all those issues were fixed. The scrollwheel was really nice and the gap between the mouse buttons was wider, so no touching buttons, also the improved rubber sides.
Phanteks Phantom
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 PNY GTX 780 Gskill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 2x250 Gb Custom watercooling (EKWB Blocks,fittings and p... Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky mini with PBT caps Corsair TX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G900 
Mouse PadAudio
Kingston HyperX Fury Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Sennheiser HD598, KRK R... 
  hide details  
Reply
Phanteks Phantom
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 PNY GTX 780 Gskill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 2x250 Gb Custom watercooling (EKWB Blocks,fittings and p... Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky mini with PBT caps Corsair TX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G900 
Mouse PadAudio
Kingston HyperX Fury Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Sennheiser HD598, KRK R... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2459 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeemil89 View Post

Which Rival version was it? The first one? I had these issues with first version of the Rival. The scrollwheel was bad and rattled and the mouse buttons did touch each other due to the small gap. I got an updated White version later and all those issues were fixed. The scrollwheel was really nice and the gap between the mouse buttons was wider, so no touching buttons, also the improved rubber sides.

Well, I had about 5 black Rival 300's and couldnt find one that was just right.
Some had the issue where the sensor flicks left or up randomly a LOT worse than the others...some with a scroll wheel bouncing, the left and right click depending on how loose the buttons were, sometimes the buttons were very loose and had pre-travel before they reached the switches so rattled/tapped all the time.
Hell, even one had where the wire enters the mouse twisted so it rubbed on the mouse mat.
post #2460 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleets View Post

Well, I had about 5 black Rival 300's and couldnt find one that was just right.
Some had the issue where the sensor flicks left or up randomly a LOT worse than the others...some with a scroll wheel bouncing, the left and right click depending on how loose the buttons were, sometimes the buttons were very loose and had pre-travel before they reached the switches so rattled/tapped all the time.
Hell, even one had where the wire enters the mouse twisted so it rubbed on the mouse mat.

Wow, you have bad luck with mice (Rival). Hope you find a mouse that works.
Phanteks Phantom
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 PNY GTX 780 Gskill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 2x250 Gb Custom watercooling (EKWB Blocks,fittings and p... Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky mini with PBT caps Corsair TX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G900 
Mouse PadAudio
Kingston HyperX Fury Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Sennheiser HD598, KRK R... 
  hide details  
Reply
Phanteks Phantom
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 PNY GTX 780 Gskill  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 EVO 2x250 Gb Custom watercooling (EKWB Blocks,fittings and p... Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky mini with PBT caps Corsair TX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G900 
Mouse PadAudio
Kingston HyperX Fury Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Sennheiser HD598, KRK R... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Rival