Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Recommendations on a 480 rad?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommendations on a 480 rad?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hi guys,

I need a recommendation for a 480 rad. Any suggestions? The UT60 480 which I wanted is out of stock everywhere and talking to a local stockist, isn't going to be in stock until sometime in Jan... So that is out.

Would be aiming for quiet. Will be calling a 4930K hitting 4.5Ghz, a mobo block for the R4BE and 2 to 3 R9 290X's.

Also should I be worried with just 480 for that setup? Or should I be trying to sneak another radiator into the bottom of my TJ07?

Thanks in advance,

s0up2up
post #2 of 7
You can put a 240 in the front 5.25 bays. As for radiators, I always go with Black Ice GTX or SR1's. Their probably one of the best brands in the market now.
post #3 of 7
Depending also on your psu size, you maybe able to squeeze another 240 in the bottom but will be tight with tubing.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0up2up View Post

Hi guys,

I need a recommendation for a 480 rad. Any suggestions? The UT60 480 which I wanted is out of stock everywhere and talking to a local stockist, isn't going to be in stock until sometime in Jan... So that is out.

Would be aiming for quiet. Will be calling a 4930K hitting 4.5Ghz, a mobo block for the R4BE and 2 to 3 R9 290X's.

Also should I be worried with just 480 for that setup? Or should I be trying to sneak another radiator into the bottom of my TJ07?

Thanks in advance,

s0up2up

RX480, SR1 480, Phoyba G Changer V2 Full Copper. Any of those would be fine.

Also I think you should put more rad in your system, one 480 for all of that, especially if you go 3 290X's! Can you not pop a 240 in the roof of the TJ07?
My Gaming Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K Z97X-SOC Force MSI 7970 OC CF HK Blocks G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2 Crucial M4 256GB XSPC RX360 + RX240 + RX120 XSPC Raystorm EK 1070FE WB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64 Qnix QX2710 96Hz CM Storm Rapid Coolermaster V Series 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Mionix Onboard Sound / HD449s 
  hide details  
Reply
My Gaming Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770K Z97X-SOC Force MSI 7970 OC CF HK Blocks G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2 Crucial M4 256GB XSPC RX360 + RX240 + RX120 XSPC Raystorm EK 1070FE WB 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64 Qnix QX2710 96Hz CM Storm Rapid Coolermaster V Series 850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Mionix Onboard Sound / HD449s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eufawria View Post

You can put a 240 in the front 5.25 bays. As for radiators, I always go with Black Ice GTX or SR1's. Their probably one of the best brands in the market now.

Yeah thinking about the SR1 480. But would 9 FPI be getting too high if I was aiming to turn the fans down real low? Or should I aim for push/pull...

I can't do a rad in the front because it's one panel now, murdermod style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt26LFC View Post

RX480, SR1 480, Phoyba G Changer V2 Full Copper. Any of those would be fine.

Also I think you should put more rad in your system, one 480 for all of that, especially if you go 3 290X's! Can you not pop a 240 in the roof of the TJ07?

Hmm like a thin 240 up top... Shouldn't be able to see that with the side panels on... Didn't think of that... Maybe a ST30?
post #6 of 7
You can get the UT 60 from aquatuning with 7 dollars shipping.. Edit sorry should have looked first did not realize you were in New Zealand. Could still check. there shipping to the USA is 7 dollars and that is cheaper than other US Stores.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

You can get the UT 60 from aquatuning with 7 dollars shipping.. Edit sorry should have looked first did not realize you were in New Zealand. Could still check. there shipping to the USA is 7 dollars and that is cheaper than other US Stores.

Yeah I was going to suggest aquatuning too, as they have been one of the few places that has still had a stock of alphacool rads (just got a 360 monsta and 480 xt45 from them myself) but looks like aquatuning in Australia - the one that ships to NZ - is also currently out of the 480 UT60. ...

http://www.au.aquatuning.com/index.php/cat/c1428_60mm-Thickness.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Recommendations on a 480 rad?