Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware - Page 106

post #1051 of 3472
Monitor refresh rate does not bottleneck benefits of higher framerates. I thought that was widely established by now.
CS:GO on Linux sounds interesting and with Valve concentrating on their games' Linux implementation due to steam OS which is practically a Linux distribution it could become more attractive in the future. Can't see how it would affect latency though as the main software latency factor on optimized Windows systems still is the NVIDIA driver that afaik Linux builds use as well.
post #1052 of 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechPixel View Post

For those who give a damn and pretty much only plays CS:GO and you have an Nvidia card, try Linux. No acceleration and much, much less input lag than Windows. Also, if you have an Nvidia card and you use the proprietary Nvidia driver then in many cases you can get better performance on Linux. Plus it's free so it doesn't hurt to try.

Yeah, I think I already stated that somewhere. Linux cursor movement feeling (as soon as it's configured properly) is awesome.
For systems that use systemd and Xorg to completely disable any sort of acceleration/deceleration, create the following file:
Code:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-mouse-acceleration.conf

with the following contents:
Code:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "My Mouse"
        MatchIsPointer "yes"
        Option "AccelerationProfile" "-1"
        Option "AccelerationScheme" "none"
EndSection


I had a funny bug during matchmaking once though when I could kinda see through walls. Well, the whole map bitmaps were messed up and kinda flying around... tongue.gif
post #1053 of 3472
Say I were to do a fresh install of Windows 7 using a legal copy, what updates would I avoid for mouse response? (if any)
Broken Dreams
(10 items)
 
macbook pro 2015
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4590 Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H ASUS R9 270X 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
240GB Intel 530 SSD CM Hyper 212 Windows 7 Ultimate Seasonic M12II-620 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D Logitech G400 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4870HQ Intel HM87 AMD R9 M370X 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
512GB Apple/Samsung SSD Windows 10 Enterprise OS X 15 inch Retina display 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
BenQ XL2720Z Das Keyboard (cherry mx blue) Magsafe 2 charger Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
SteelSeries QCK (standard size) Sennheiser HD 558 Fiio E10K Onkyo TX-8020 
  hide details  
Reply
Broken Dreams
(10 items)
 
macbook pro 2015
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4590 Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H ASUS R9 270X 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
240GB Intel 530 SSD CM Hyper 212 Windows 7 Ultimate Seasonic M12II-620 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D Logitech G400 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4870HQ Intel HM87 AMD R9 M370X 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
512GB Apple/Samsung SSD Windows 10 Enterprise OS X 15 inch Retina display 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
BenQ XL2720Z Das Keyboard (cherry mx blue) Magsafe 2 charger Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
SteelSeries QCK (standard size) Sennheiser HD 558 Fiio E10K Onkyo TX-8020 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1054 of 3472
I like to never get below 240 FPS, if I go any lower I'll feel it.
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k MSI Z87 G45 gaming GTX 780 Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blue 1TB Noctua NHD14 Win7 BenQ XL2411T soon to be replaced by Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD Code converted to Cherry MX Clear. Antec EA-650 platinum Fractal Define R4 Mionix Avior 7000 on latest beta firmware 
Mouse PadAudio
Zowie G-CM Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k MSI Z87 G45 gaming GTX 780 Corsair 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blue 1TB Noctua NHD14 Win7 BenQ XL2411T soon to be replaced by Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WASD Code converted to Cherry MX Clear. Antec EA-650 platinum Fractal Define R4 Mionix Avior 7000 on latest beta firmware 
Mouse PadAudio
Zowie G-CM Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1055 of 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieBook View Post

I like to never get below 240 FPS, if I go any lower I'll feel it.
Personally, going too much above my refresh rate makes me feel the latency/input lag even more. I always cap my fps to about 5 above refresh rate.
On 144hz I cap 150.

BTW, can USB headsets cause problems?
Since upgrading from my good old sennheiser 3.5mm to USB, it feels like my game runs worse, less fps, more stutter, and choppy playback.
Edited by Zerrius - 1/11/15 at 2:34am
post #1056 of 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by detto87 View Post

Yeah, I think I already stated that somewhere. Linux cursor movement feeling (as soon as it's configured properly) is awesome.
For systems that use systemd and Xorg to completely disable any sort of acceleration/deceleration, create the following file:
Code:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-mouse-acceleration.conf

with the following contents:
Code:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "My Mouse"
        MatchIsPointer "yes"
        Option "AccelerationProfile" "-1"
        Option "AccelerationScheme" "none"
EndSection


I had a funny bug during matchmaking once though when I could kinda see through walls. Well, the whole map bitmaps were messed up and kinda flying around... tongue.gif

Would this also effectively do the same? From this page: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2mo96u/comprehensive_csgo_linux_guide_with_steamdesktop/

xinput ## find your mouse listed and note its id number, we'll call it X, then run
xinput list-props X ## with your mouse id number. search the list for 'default accel profile' and find the number 250-300 next to it. we'll call that Y
xinput set-prop X Y -1 ## using the id for your mouse followed by the id for your accel profile, we will set it to the value '-1' to disable all accel.
post #1057 of 3472
Just use CS:GO's own raw input cvar.
Quote:
BTW, can USB headsets cause problems?
Since upgrading from my good old sennheiser 3.5mm to USB, it feels like my game runs worse, less fps, more stutter, and choppy playback.

Definitely. USB headsets have a built-in DAC and amplifier, they create a lot of traffic and demand on your hubs (affecting your mouse) and the drivers you get for them are monstrous. With audio being as complex and data-heavy, audio components and software often are the cause of various problems. There's not a real solution either. In order to be able to have no sound component in your system, you'd have to use an external USB DAC with kernel streaming support, but on top of the mentioned hub strain there's APIs that require dedicated sound devices for audio to work. Using S/PDIF requires you to leave your (onboard) sound card enabled because that handles both the optical and coaxial outs.

I think in that regard r0ach's efforts in terms of finding light and stable sound cards and driver sets is somewhat legit. When I uninstalled and disabled all of my sound components I could definitely notice a difference. In performance and stability mainly, not necessarily input lag, but still significant.
Edited by HAGGARD - 1/11/15 at 4:39am
post #1058 of 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAGGARD View Post

Just use CS:GO's own raw input cvar.

Haha, no. CS:GO's implementation of raw input is horrible.
post #1059 of 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechPixel View Post

Would this also effectively do the same? From this page: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2mo96u/comprehensive_csgo_linux_guide_with_steamdesktop/

xinput ## find your mouse listed and note its id number, we'll call it X, then run
xinput list-props X ## with your mouse id number. search the list for 'default accel profile' and find the number 250-300 next to it. we'll call that Y
xinput set-prop X Y -1 ## using the id for your mouse followed by the id for your accel profile, we will set it to the value '-1' to disable all accel.
I guess. It looks like it does. At least the AccelProfile setting to -1.
Maybe there's another command for AccelerationScheme "none". Like: xinput set-prop X Z none.
Don't know, not on a Linux box right now.

xinput list-props .... and search for accel profile. Will do when I'm on Linux box again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechPixel View Post

Haha, no. CS:GO's implementation of raw input is horrible.
Why?
I never had trouble with it. In fact: the lower the sensitivity the more drastic the improvement was when using rawinput. 80cm/360 for example while using rawinput off feels sluggish as hell.
post #1060 of 3472
Never understood the hate for GO's raw input implementation either. Should be simple code with hardly anything to go wrong. I can't see Valve devs having trouble with that, especially considering there never being controversy regarding Source's or 1.6's raw input that was added later.

That aside, not using raw input at all is even worse than anything that people could think is possibly wrong with the implementation. Cursor-dependent mouse tracking has too many problems from having to deal with Windows settings and increased input latency (minor) to more importantly, negative acceleration and not picking up slow micromovement.
I think most people that mistrust raw input have never used it before and notice a change of tracking that comes with a framerate-independent mouse buffer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gaming and mouse response BIOS optimization guide for modern PC hardware