that much like LOl or Hon etc only. I'm not really good in building systems but one
thing is for sure i know my what i will use it for , hope you guys could help me =(
My Goal with this build: ( No.1 being the highest concern or goal)
1. To be able to multitask heavy programs. For this part, i want it to be able to handle adobe photoshop , illustrator, and dreamweaver along with 20 tabs of chrome or even more, sometimes additional random program or a game opened, so it's like a total of 5 heavy programs. i hope you get the idea. i was hoping that I would to be able to switch smoothly from one program to another.
2. Fast response from switching pc on to opening programs or loading games
3. Future proof? ( i know this is impossible and have read a lot about this concept, but what i mean is hopefully the build would still be able handle future programs or compete with other systems 3-4 yrs from now or even more lol. i'm just expecting it to run future programs smoothly and without the need to upgrade again and again. hope you guys get it.)
4. To be able to handle smoothly large canvas like for example, 30x30 with 300 resolution for graphic design or those things.
5. not really familiar what todays and upcoming technology offers , i just read them things like PCI-e 3.0 , sata 3, usb 3, 2011 architecture of intel etc..
Budget: $1000 - $1300
-i know this is low as to what i expect or my goals but my main concern really is the processor , storage and memory.
What i already have or what i can use in the meantime to fit my budget
1. Geforce GTX 550 TI (i know one of my concern is photoshop high res canvas but il just work with this in the meantime to fit my budget)
2. 500gb Storage (forgot the brand)
3. Gigabit PCI network adapter
4. Q6600 - lol this is really old, but this is what i mean about futureproof thing, this thing can still run programs in today's software.
Processor - if going with amd, Amd 8350 OC to 4.5 to 4.8ghz.
- if going intel , i7-3930k, this is what i really want as this seems to promise also
the future proof thing.
Mobo - If Amd - asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 (have read that it's the best for OC'ing amd 8350
- If Intel , ( i dont know yet)
Ram - 16gb 1600 - 1833 mhz (no specific brand yet)
Storage - 1x SSD 125gb and 1x 1TB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card - for this part, Since my budget is low , if possible i'll just use my
geforce 550 ti and just upgrade later on.
Power supply - 750 watts
Cooler - Corsair h80 or h100
Case - ? i dont know yet
Sound card - i dont plan to get any and just use the onboard.
Optical Drive - anything cheap
I hope you get my situation. what i really dont understand is the processor part. if to go with i7-3930 and squeeze other parts in my budget, or to go AMD 8350 which will allow another video card like Sapphire 7950 DDR 5 3gb . But for the AMD part, im not really sure if it can compete in the future. iv been reading a lot and just want suggestions especially constructive comments.. that's all and i really do appreciate everyone's time in reading my thread. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL.
Edited by asl01 - 10/15/13 at 4:42am