Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tieba] XFX Radeon R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition unbox photos and 3D mark results FROM China
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[tieba] XFX Radeon R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition unbox photos and 3D mark results FROM China - Page 14

post #131 of 139
OP in the original thread updated


Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Core I7 5960X
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core I7 5960X ASRock X99 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming MSI GTX 970 Gaming 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G. Skill 16GB DDR4 2600 Sandisk Extreme II 240GB SSD Custom 480 Water Setup Windows 10 
PowerCase
AX1500I Corsair 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post

More like "bla bla bla"? How about you offer the least amount of research? A simple googling would reveal to you 7970's (or 770's) die is smaller.

I seems I must be doing something right, I have so many personal attacks (and the ridiculous thing is they are based on denying the obvious fact 7970's (or 770's) die is smaller, which they are blind to find out due to their hate):





By the way, research jawajawa's account. It's most probably the sockpuppet of another user, used only for personal attacks. Check his IP or browser signature (though he may be using a remote virtual machine).

I really hope you're not serious. I've only been posting on here as of late and I only have one OCN account.
Oh yeah, the reason you are subject to so many personal attacks is because of this formula:
1. You post X misinformation.
2. Someone calls out your misinformation and or lack of reason/creditability.
3. You call out who ever pointed out your blunders OR you go straight to personally attacking them.
4. Some more inane posting from either side.
5. You proceed to call out who ever disproved you or told you that you're wrong because you can't actually defend any of your posts.

This happens in EVERY SINGLE thread I've seen you post in so far. You're probably the single reason I decided to stop lurking and start posting, mainly because of your misinformation.
Edited by jawajawa - 10/16/13 at 1:54pm
Cray
(27 items)
 
 
Lenovo Y580
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2700k @ 5.05GHz 1.52Vcore 24/7 ASUS P8P67 Deluxe PowerColor AXR9 290X - 1155MHz Core AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 1250MHz Core 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified G.Skill Sniper 16GB 1866MHz  Samsung 840 EVO 250GB  Kingston HyperX 120GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD VelociRaptor 500 GB Workstation Hard Drive: ... Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Hitachi 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H220 Windows 8.1 Pro 27" QNIX QX2710 2560x1440 @ 120Hz Dell U2412 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Hisense 50K360G 50" 1080p 120Hz TV Toshiba 50L2400U 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV Filco Majestouch Ninja Seasonic X850 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define R4 Logitech G400 XTracPad ASUS Xonar DGX 
AudioAudioAudio
Sony MDR-V6 Polk Monitor 40s with Yamaha YST-215SW The Advent/1s 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel® Core™ i5-3380M (2.9 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 c... AMD FirePro™ M4000 (1 GB dedicated GDDR5)  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB) Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
Multi DVD/Blu-Ray Windows 8 Pro 15.6" LCD (1920x1080) HP 8570w 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX660M 2GB with DirectX® 11 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD 1TB 2.5" HDD Windows 8 Pro 15.6" LED backlit HD display (1920x1080) 
  hide details  
Reply
Cray
(27 items)
 
 
Lenovo Y580
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2700k @ 5.05GHz 1.52Vcore 24/7 ASUS P8P67 Deluxe PowerColor AXR9 290X - 1155MHz Core AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 1250MHz Core 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified G.Skill Sniper 16GB 1866MHz  Samsung 840 EVO 250GB  Kingston HyperX 120GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD VelociRaptor 500 GB Workstation Hard Drive: ... Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Hitachi 500GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Swiftech H220 Windows 8.1 Pro 27" QNIX QX2710 2560x1440 @ 120Hz Dell U2412 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Hisense 50K360G 50" 1080p 120Hz TV Toshiba 50L2400U 50-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV Filco Majestouch Ninja Seasonic X850 Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Define R4 Logitech G400 XTracPad ASUS Xonar DGX 
AudioAudioAudio
Sony MDR-V6 Polk Monitor 40s with Yamaha YST-215SW The Advent/1s 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel® Core™ i5-3380M (2.9 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 c... AMD FirePro™ M4000 (1 GB dedicated GDDR5)  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB) Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
Multi DVD/Blu-Ray Windows 8 Pro 15.6" LCD (1920x1080) HP 8570w 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX660M 2GB with DirectX® 11 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD 1TB 2.5" HDD Windows 8 Pro 15.6" LED backlit HD display (1920x1080) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #133 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawajawa View Post

I really hope you're not serious. I've only been posting on here as of late and I only have one OCN account.
Oh yeah, the reason you are subject to so many personal attacks is because of this formula:
1. You post X misinformation.
2. Someone calls out your misinformation and or lack of reason/creditability.
3. You call out who ever pointed out your blunders OR you go straight to personally attacking them.
4. Some more inane posting from either side.
5. You proceed to call out who ever disproved you or told you that you're wrong because you can't actually defend any of your posts.

This happens in EVERY SINGLE thread I've seen you post in so far. You're probably the single reason I decided to stop lurking and start posting, mainly because of your misinformation.

Ok after you relax from your tantrum read my previous post here. It might make you use simple google skills next time.
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K 4.6G 1.24v/1.74v, 5.1G 1.35v validation. GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 Tri-X R9 290 1100/1350 +0.012v G.Skill 2400 c10 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua NH-D15 24EA53 IPS 76Hz OC EVGA 1000 G2 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
Audio
SoundMagic E10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #134 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

OP in the original thread updated



nice power compsuption for such a great card and cpu... my current pc take that power while playing BF4/BF3 so is normal to me...
post #135 of 139
Anyone else wondering why the memory is clocked so low on 290X? The chips they're using are rumored to be 7000 mhz hynix rated but only being ran at 5000 effective? Wondering if its the heat issues or poor bus scaling to blame for this big down clock...
post #136 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by L36 View Post

Anyone else wondering why the memory is clocked so low on 290X? The chips they're using are rumored to be 7000 mhz hynix rated but only being ran at 5000 effective? Wondering if its the heat issues or poor bus scaling to blame for this big down clock...

Power usage is probably one thing. Other might be that it has little impact on performance but leaves the enthusiasts something to fiddle with. Then there is always the possibility that their new and exceptionally small memory controller might have trouble going higher. I really thought they would use lower rated memory chips, though, so one has to wonder...
The Air Tunnel
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K (4500MHz@1.28V) P9X79 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X New Edition Team Group Vulcan 4x4GB 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2x240GB SSD @RAID 0 Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Rosewill Armor EVO hiFace+AudioGD+DT770Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
The Air Tunnel
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K (4500MHz@1.28V) P9X79 Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X New Edition Team Group Vulcan 4x4GB 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2x240GB SSD @RAID 0 Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 Pro Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Rosewill Armor EVO hiFace+AudioGD+DT770Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #137 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by L36 View Post

Anyone else wondering why the memory is clocked so low on 290X? The chips they're using are rumored to be 7000 mhz hynix rated but only being ran at 5000 effective? Wondering if its the heat issues or poor bus scaling to blame for this big down clock...

it's probably power constraints. It's either 512-bit bus or 6Ghz memory, they went for 5ghz memory.

Titan and 290x has same bandwidth, one does it with faster memory and the other with wider bus.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming K6 MSI GTX 1070 @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Corsair Voyager GTX 256GB USB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Voyager GS 512GB USB WD Green 6TB DVD drive Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
windows 10 professional 32inch Crossover 4K EVGA SuperNova NEX 750w Corsair 200R ATX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming K6 MSI GTX 1070 @ 2050mhz G.Skill DDR4 3200 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB Crucial m500 960GB OCZ Trion 150 960GB Corsair Voyager GTX 256GB USB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Voyager GS 512GB USB WD Green 6TB DVD drive Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorPowerCase
windows 10 professional 32inch Crossover 4K EVGA SuperNova NEX 750w Corsair 200R ATX 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4910mq GTX 880m (GK104 with 8GB VRAM) 16 GB DDR3 3x Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 0 (1.31 TB total) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung M9T 2TB HDD Bluray/DVD drive Bluray/DVD drive Window 7 Home Premium 
MonitorPower
Panasonic 2880x1620 panel 180w Delta brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

I thought AMD said they wanted better cooling solutions for the R9 290X?

AMD: Surprise! biggrin.gif
Mach
(9 items)
 
AkaRed Ultimate
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 ECS A880GM-A3 XFX 5850 G.Skill RipjawsX 2x2Gb 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Samsung Lightscribe DVD-RW Deepcool Ice Blade Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseAudio
Aerocool Strike X 600w Segotep C2R Logitech X540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Corsair Neutron GTX 220Gb Swiftech H220 Corsair 860 Platinum NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
Mach
(9 items)
 
AkaRed Ultimate
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 ECS A880GM-A3 XFX 5850 G.Skill RipjawsX 2x2Gb 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 500GB Samsung Lightscribe DVD-RW Deepcool Ice Blade Pro Windows 7 Ultimate 
PowerCaseAudio
Aerocool Strike X 600w Segotep C2R Logitech X540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K Asus Maximus VI Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Corsair Dominator Platinum 16Gb (4x4Gb) 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Corsair Neutron GTX 220Gb Swiftech H220 Corsair 860 Platinum NZXT Phantom 820 
  hide details  
Reply
post #139 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by L36 View Post

Anyone else wondering why the memory is clocked so low on 290X? The chips they're using are rumored to be 7000 mhz hynix rated but only being ran at 5000 effective? Wondering if its the heat issues or poor bus scaling to blame for this big down clock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakz View Post

AMD: Surprise! biggrin.gif
We'll see with the real reviews Furmark is just a burn in application.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tieba] XFX Radeon R9 290X Battlefield 4 Edition unbox photos and 3D mark results FROM China