Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IBT] PS4 To Cost R$ 4,000 In Brazil, Brazilian Gamers Outraged
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IBT] PS4 To Cost R$ 4,000 In Brazil, Brazilian Gamers Outraged - Page 12

post #111 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

The taxes you pay in customs will come out to more than you spent on the ps4's smile.gif
Don't you think everyone would have done this by now?

You only have to pay taxes when bringing more than U$500 from the trip. He is right in that it's cheaper to do that than buy it here, but you have to factor in time spent to and from the US. Anyone buying this console early into the launch makes enough money that, even if it's cheaper to get in the US, their time isn't worth the savings. The only situation I see someone actually travelling to buy it is if they're getting other things besides the console.

What most gamers will do here is wait until 6-12 months after launch (when the prices are lower) and get the PS4 or Xbox One.
Edited by nolonger - 10/22/13 at 12:52pm
post #112 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolonger View Post

You only have to pay taxes when bringing more than U$500 from the trip. He is right in that it's cheaper to do that than buy it here, but you have to factor in time spent to and from the US. Anyone buying this console early into the launch makes enough money that, even if it's cheaper to get in the US, their time isn't worth the savings. The only situation I see someone actually travelling to buy it is if they're getting other things besides the console.

What most gamers will do here is wait until 6-12 months after launch (when the prices are lower) and get the PS4 or Xbox One.

Actually that is wrong. When you enter your country you are dependant of your country's tax policies. In my case (Argentina) any buy below $300 USD is TAX FREE. Above that you pay 50%+ of the product's price plus 21% VAT ...so a 399 USD PS4 brought from the USA would cost $682,89 final with taxes. And here, in Argentina, it is sold at the beautiful sum of $1110 USD so if you import it and resell it you still make $427 USD of profit
Edited by pokerapar88 - 10/22/13 at 1:50pm
post #113 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerapar88 View Post

Actually that is wrong. When you enter your country you are dependant of your country's tax policies. In my case (Argentina) any buy below $300 USD is TAX FREE. Above that you pay 50%+ of the product's price plus 21% VAT ...so a 399 USD PS4 brought from the USA would cost $682,89 final with taxes. And here, in Argentina, it is sold at the beautiful sum of $1110 USD so if you import it and resell it you still make $427 USD of profit

It depends on the method of entry in the country. By air or water you're allowed to have up to U$500 tax-free in Brazil. By land it's U$300.
post #114 of 119
Sorry. A large part of it is obviously taxes, another part is obviously a well studied economizing metric.

Can't say I'll mind a lack of BR players. They were probably the most annoying and generally the worst gamers I encountered playing FIFA pro drop in matches. They were almost always 100% ball hogs, and usually the crybabies who would select defenders or the go and attempt to ruin matches when they didn't get an offensive position.
post #115 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs. View Post

Sorry. A large part of it is obviously taxes, another part is obviously a well studied economizing metric.

Can't say I'll mind a lack of BR players. They were probably the most annoying and generally the worst gamers I encountered playing FIFA pro drop in matches. They were almost always 100% ball hogs, and usually the crybabies who would select defenders or the go and attempt to ruin matches when they didn't get an offensive position.

You obviously didn't read the article, but I have a feel this is a troll post due to the horrible generalizations you're making.
post #116 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged View Post

i will never complain about tech related items in the USA again.

sorry brazil frown.gif

This. I thought I had it bad having to pay extra charges on shipping to Hawaii but 4 grand for a ps4 and probably higher prices than I have to deal with for pc hardware! I feel for you guys.
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
Red October
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (C2) Asus Crosshair V Formula Asus GTX 680 DC2 4GB Mushkin Redline 8GB DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 & Western Digital 640 Black  LiteOn Blu-Ray & Lightscribe CD/DVD Corsair H100 Windows 7 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23' Samsung LED XL2370 1920x1080 Ducky 9008-G2 OCN Edition (MX Brown) / Ducky Sh... Corsair 750HX Cooler Master HAF 932 - Paint Modded 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Sennheiser HD 595 X-Fi Titanium HD (Modded) Bravo Audio V1 rolled w/ Mastushita  
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 
  hide details  
Reply
post #117 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerapar88 View Post

I totally agree here. Console wise, there's a very limited use. Games are more expensive and there is less variety. With new hardware and 4000 USD to spend on a PC, you could build a very decent pc that will survive this console gen. Still 4000 (Reais) R$ are $1845,44 USD so yeah... its not 4000 USD.
Yeah, I think that person posting that you responded to didn't grow up when a ninteno or sega genesis was the system you gamed on, or a n64, or dreamcast, or anything before that.
You don't hook up 2-4-8 controllers to a computer and have friends play on your screen like you do on the couch with a 60 inch plasma.
A console is a console, a pc is a pc. Pc might have games console doesn't and vice versa. it's quite stupid to compare a pc and console because its like comparing a Honda and Mercedes water pump. One is $80 the other is $1400. The parts inside? not too different. They both have there purposes. biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolonger View Post

You only have to pay taxes when bringing more than U$500 from the trip. He is right in that it's cheaper to do that than buy it here, but you have to factor in time spent to and from the US. Anyone buying this console early into the launch makes enough money that, even if it's cheaper to get in the US, their time isn't worth the savings. The only situation I see someone actually travelling to buy it is if they're getting other things besides the console.

What most gamers will do here is wait until 6-12 months after launch (when the prices are lower) and get the PS4 or Xbox One.
Unless you're going on a vacation and you don't need money.
Bringing a xbox one + ps4 to make profit is going to cost you more than a few days of time
Unless you have a buyer waiting at the airport, every day you eat,sleep is going to cost you money.
So whether its 2days or 1 week, if that $1000 was worth it then heck yeah. We both know people make a living by bringing a ipad, iphone, ipod, and all these electronics on carry on+luggage and just sell it. If youre bringing in a ps4 to make profit it's going to cost you more than just landing and selling though tongue.gif So profit becomes less and less by the situation
Edited by INCREDIBLEHULK - 10/22/13 at 7:00pm
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #118 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by phill1978 View Post

easy answer build your own custom pc

Would love to see someone try to play Killzone on that.

New Hotness
(17 items)
 
Old & Busted
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti (reference) Corsair Vengeance 1866 8 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB OCZ Vertex 4 (SSD) LG GGW-H20L [HD-DVD, Blu-ray, DVD+WR] CORSAIR H60 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Panasonic TC-p50st50 Yamakasi 1440 27" Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 SS-850KM Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition Razer Death Adder 3.5G Steelseries QcK+ 
Audio
DT 770 Pro (80 ohms) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 Asus Reference EAH 5850 HIS Radeon 5850 iCooler V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB LG GGW-H20L [HD-DVD, Blu-ray, DVD+WR] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CORSAIR H60 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung 52" LCD TV LN-T5271f  Logitech Wireless K360 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W 80 PLUS C... Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech Wireless 510 Shure SE530 
Audio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Hotness
(17 items)
 
Old & Busted
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti (reference) Corsair Vengeance 1866 8 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB OCZ Vertex 4 (SSD) LG GGW-H20L [HD-DVD, Blu-ray, DVD+WR] CORSAIR H60 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Panasonic TC-p50st50 Yamakasi 1440 27" Razer Blackwidow 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 SS-850KM Corsair Graphite 600T Special Edition Razer Death Adder 3.5G Steelseries QcK+ 
Audio
DT 770 Pro (80 ohms) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 Asus Reference EAH 5850 HIS Radeon 5850 iCooler V 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1866 9-10-9-27 Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB LG GGW-H20L [HD-DVD, Blu-ray, DVD+WR] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CORSAIR H60 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung 52" LCD TV LN-T5271f  Logitech Wireless K360 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W 80 PLUS C... Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech Wireless 510 Shure SE530 
Audio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatakai All View Post

This. I thought I had it bad having to pay extra charges on shipping to Hawaii but 4 grand for a ps4 and probably higher prices than I have to deal with for pc hardware! I feel for you guys.

i bought a gtx 660ti, for 1k BRL(450usd), at that time it was around 220 USD. And it was "Cheap" for Brazil standards.
brazil makes any tech enthusiast sad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IBT] PS4 To Cost R$ 4,000 In Brazil, Brazilian Gamers Outraged