Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [VC] 290Xvs780 In Non Quiet Mode At 2160P
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[VC] 290Xvs780 In Non Quiet Mode At 2160P

post #1 of 475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
So to make it short, the average R9 290X performance advantage over GeForce GTX 780 is 23,8%, and this is just 2160p resolution

http://videocardz.com/46929/official-amd-radeon-r9-290x-2160p-performance-17-games

GG
post #2 of 475



applaud.gif
post #3 of 475

Impressive!
post #4 of 475
Looks like this UBER mode is actually the exact opposite of what Nvidia is doing. They bring GPU boost 2.0 and stuff to keep your card quieter and cooler, but sacrifice a bit of performance. On the other hand AMD is trying to achieve higher frame rate by sacrificing reasonable temperature and noise levels.

The OC battle is going to be really interesting between 290X/780/Titan. I don't know how much headroom you got left over when you are in uber mode already.
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 475
Now let's see the temperatures and how they do against 780's clocked at 1200-1300 instead of the ~960 of reference card! biggrin.gif
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte G1 980 Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte G1 980 Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

Looks like this UBER mode is actually the exact opposite of what Nvidia is doing. They bring GPU boost 2.0 and stuff to keep your card quieter and cooler, but sacrifice a bit of performance. On the other hand AMD is trying to achieve higher frame rate by sacrificing reasonable temperature and noise levels.

The OC battle is going to be really interesting between 290X/780/Titan. I don't know how much headroom you got left over when you are in uber mode already.

Try to get your 780 to offer 20% performance increase with OC, it wont give you these numbers. This card is def undisputable.

Uber mode is 1000mhz boost clock, most likely.
Edited by Regent Square - 10/18/13 at 4:09am
post #7 of 475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

Now let's see the temperatures and how they do against 780's clocked at 1200-1300 instead of the ~960 of reference card! biggrin.gif

Yea, performance does not matter anymore lachen.gif

Wut kinda oc should your 780 obtain to yield 20% better perf. Suicide run.
post #8 of 475
23.8% faster than 780 at 4K resolution. Doesn't Titan is 10% faster than 780? Again, this is 4K resolution, wonder how the performance at 1080p, it's gonna be amazing. Of course, clock speed does matter as well.
post #9 of 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regent Square View Post

Try to get your 780 to offer 20% performance increase with OC, it wont give you these numbers. This card is def is undisputable.

Uber mode is 1000mhz boost clock, most likely.

I can't because I neither have a 780 or Titan.
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 475
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

I can't because I neither have a 780 or Titan.

U should run 1300mhz on 780 to gain 10-15% advantage at max. If u do so, 780 becomes a noise cow, as well as Titan.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [VC] 290Xvs780 In Non Quiet Mode At 2160P