Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › [Build Log] TRiCLOPS (HAF-XB, RIVE BE, LIQUID!!!!) (BACK-2-BLAHH)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] TRiCLOPS (HAF-XB, RIVE BE, LIQUID!!!!) (BACK-2-BLAHH) - Page 67

Poll Results: Should i plan a built-in "extra" monitor ~9-13" modded into a transparent window or built in speakers?

 
  • 85% (83)
    Monitor
  • 14% (14)
    Speakers
97 Total Votes  
post #661 of 3109
just use a tap dont have to use inserts..
post #662 of 3109
Thread Starter 

Yeah that's also an option, but inserts are pretty cheap. Like a 50pk for less than $10. 

It makes life alot easier just drilling and inserting. Plus threads in plastic strip/chip extremely easily with metal screws. My Tripod is a testament to that. Inserts just seem like the best way to go about it

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #663 of 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeticg View Post

Yeah that's also an option, but inserts are pretty cheap. Like a 50pk for less than $10. 
It makes life alot easier just drilling and inserting. Plus threads in plastic strip/chip extremely easily with metal screws. My Tripod is a testament to that. Inserts just seem like the best way to go about it

the inserts are plastic and will not be as rigid and strong as the acrylic. but either way. I just know or thought you already and drills and taps??

now if you were going to use metal inserts I could understand this but dont think you will be needing the additional force and pressure you can get with metal ones....

And just go to walmart, home depot or lowes and get some insert's if you want to use them!!
post #664 of 3109
Thread Starter 

No, not plastic inserts. They're brass

 

You're right, plastic inserts would make no sense whatsoever since i own drills and taps already.

 

They're brass inserts FOR plastic. =)

 

Alot of acrylic scratch builds i've seen use them. That's where i got the idea originally. Also when i asked @Dgeorge1617 like a week or 2 ago when i was talking about it in here, he recommended the same thing. He's got an acrylic scratch build log on here right now too. He's helped me out a few times already.

 

Edit: Don't know why it never occurs to me to go to Home Depot and Lowe's for stuff anymore. OCN has made me think like the internets the only place to buy stuff anymore :lachen:


Edited by kpoeticg - 1/19/14 at 4:29pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #665 of 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeticg View Post

No, not plastic inserts. They're brass

You're right, plastic inserts would make no sense whatsoever since i own drills and taps already.

They're brass inserts FOR plastic. =)

Alot of acrylic scratch builds i've seen use them. That's where i got the idea originally. Also when i asked @Dgeorge1617
 like a week or 2 ago when i was talking about it in here, he recommended the same thing. He's got an acrylic scratch build log on here right now too. He's helped me out a few times already.

Edit: Don't know why it never occurs to me to go to Home Depot and Lowe's for stuff anymore. OCN has made me think like the internets the only place to buy stuff anymore lachen.gif

they will have inserts I am sure it will be imperial thread instead of metric and I am not sure if they will have brass in store but maybe as I have seen the metal ones for walls ....
post #666 of 3109
Thread Starter 

Yeah, might as well just order em from McMaster. I could definitely use some more screws too. M3, M4, & 6-32. I'm probly gonna go with M3 inserts since the hole only needs to be 4mm. I'm not sure if i'll be using any inserts in the panels themselves, but M3 inserts will give me the option if i feel the need to. 

 

I've also considered ordering a handful of THESE from MountainMods.

 

Not bad for 99 cents. The dimensions are a little bigger than i want tho.

Dimensions are - .725" x .635" x .745" (L-W-H)


Edited by kpoeticg - 1/19/14 at 5:19pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k Rampage IV Black Edition w/EK Clean CSQ Block PowerColor 290x BF4 (2 More Coming) G Skill Trident X 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Silverstone Slotload Bluray Burner EK Supremacy Clean CSQ Alphacool XT45 360 XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool ST30 240 3 x Phobya NB E-Loops (1600RPM) Alphacool UT60 120 (White Edition) 7 x Gentle Typhoon AP-00 (2150) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
3 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 6 x Phobya G1/4 Inline Temp Sensor Coupler (2 P... Aquacomputer G1/4 High Flow Meter Swiftech MCP35x 
CoolingOSPowerCase
XSPC Photon 170 Reservoir Windows 7 + Linux Antec HCP-1300 Platinum CoolerMaster HAF XB (Modded) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Silverstone FP58 Thermaltake Max 5 Duo Phobya 6 x 16mm Vandal Switch Plate  6 x 16mm Vandal Switches (ModSmart & Lamptron) 
OtherOther
LC Telios Red/Black Fusion, White, & Gray More To Come... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #667 of 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoeticg View Post

Yeah, might as well just order em from McMaster. I could definitely use some more screws too. M3, M4, & 6-32. I'm probly gonna go with M3 inserts since the hole only needs to be 4mm. I'm not sure if i'll be using any inserts in the panels themselves, but M3 inserts will give me the option if i feel the need to. 

I've also considered ordering a handful of THESE from MountainMods.



Not bad for 99 cents. The dimensions are a little bigger than i want tho.
Dimensions are - .725" x .635" x .745" (L-W-H)

best place I have found for nuts and bolts is here they also have some inserts or anchors...

Traitor to even put anything on your thread From MM.. I can not believe when we have case labs you were even looking at their site. mad.gifthumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

sozo.gifboxing3.gif
post #668 of 3109
Very nice build. How are you going to connect the 3 R9 290X to the loop? Considering use of passive cooled backplate from Aquacomputer?
Toretto
(18 items)
 
F2004
(38 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Toretto
(18 items)
 
F2004
(38 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #669 of 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

best place I have found for nuts and bolts is here they also have some inserts or anchors...

Traitor to even put anything on your thread From MM.. I can not believe when we have case labs you were even looking at their site. mad.gifthumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

sozo.gifboxing3.gif

What's wrong with MM?
post #670 of 3109
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

What's wrong with MM?

Just not the same quality as Case Labs!!! and nothing other than I like to give him a hard time!!!

Nice system in your Sig do you still have it in a Corsair 540 air or have you down graded to a MM biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › [Build Log] TRiCLOPS (HAF-XB, RIVE BE, LIQUID!!!!) (BACK-2-BLAHH)