Quote:Yeah...I'm doing the same thing (wait for the 8). If it were me, I'd keep the 2x 670's and see how they perform at 1440. If you're happy or at least satisfied with the performance keep them. Otherwise, if the problem is gddr-related then sell your cards and either pick up a pair of 4GB 680's (or 4GB 780's) or 2x 3GB 7970's. If the problem is not a gddr limitation then add another 670. When Witcher 3 comes out, go through the same process (if you didn't already upgrade). Keep in mind that if you followed the 'add another 670' route, you'll be bummed out if you hit gddr issues with Witcher 3 at 1440 with your 3 670's.
I'd vote keep the 2 670's and see how they do at 1440. If fine, go with that until Witcher 3. If you're unhappy with the performance at either decision point, then sell the 670's and go for cards with more gddr.
Edited by funsoul - 10/27/13 at 12:13pm