Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] HAF Stacker Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] HAF Stacker Owners Club - Page 11

post #101 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0L0UD View Post

Not sure if Coolermaster is still paying attention to this thread, but in terms of suggestions I am finding the 915F and 915R are too small in terms of width. I just got a 915F to add to my 935 setup, I am just running hard drives in it. However when you put the hard drive racks in, you can no longer run fans on the side panels. I guess my issue is that when you run the 915F or 915R in one of its "functions" it blocks out the convenient next step. No fans in the hard drive setup, no 5.25 for a fan controller when running it as a radiator box. Both problems are small size adjustments from being fixed.

So it is obviously too late to change the width of the 925 and 915f/r, but I'd be happy with bulged side panels that could be bought. They would have to be bulged or boxed out at least a fan width if not a fan and radiator combined width. I personally would not mind the appearance of having one section wider than the other. It would also mean you could have 2-360 rads with push or pull fans attached to the side panels but the inside of the box would still fit the m-itx board or hard drives or pump and res combo. I'm sure this could be modded and that most people would dislike the look of this anyways but I can dream.
Feel free to mod away my friend!
 
Quadcore P182
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution X48 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital 300GB VelociRaptor Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (2) Acer 22" LCD's 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W Antec P182 Gunmetal 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Quadcore P182
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 ASUS P5E64 WS Evolution X48 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital 300GB VelociRaptor Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (2) Acer 22" LCD's 
PowerCase
PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W Antec P182 Gunmetal 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 746
One HAF Stacker and 3 Noctua F12s ordered!

Have to wait until the 20th to get the new RX360 frown.gif

I might go with Primochill acrylic pipes though. Final decision when I see the case.
Edited by Wihglah - 1/13/14 at 10:34am
post #103 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0L0UD View Post

Not sure if Coolermaster is still paying attention to this thread, but in terms of suggestions I am finding the 915F and 915R are too small in terms of width. I just got a 915F to add to my 935 setup, I am just running hard drives in it. However when you put the hard drive racks in, you can no longer run fans on the side panels. I guess my issue is that when you run the 915F or 915R in one of its "functions" it blocks out the convenient next step. No fans in the hard drive setup, no 5.25 for a fan controller when running it as a radiator box. Both problems are small size adjustments from being fixed.

So it is obviously too late to change the width of the 925 and 915f/r, but I'd be happy with bulged side panels that could be bought. They would have to be bulged or boxed out at least a fan width if not a fan and radiator combined width. I personally would not mind the appearance of having one section wider than the other. It would also mean you could have 2-360 rads with push or pull fans attached to the side panels but the inside of the box would still fit the m-itx board or hard drives or pump and res combo. I'm sure this could be modded and that most people would dislike the look of this anyways but I can dream.

Yeah, that's an odd design decision. I initially really liked the concept and looks of this case but I'm finding a lot of really simple design changes were missed when considering the options people would have building in this case. Still a cool and innovative product but falls a bit short for me because of the faults of the 915's. Looking forward to seeing more builds and mods. I'm waiting for someone to build some brackets and mod the side panels to use 480's
post #104 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Five View Post

Yeah, that's an odd design decision. I initially really liked the concept and looks of this case but I'm finding a lot of really simple design changes were missed when considering the options people would have building in this case. Still a cool and innovative product but falls a bit short for me because of the faults of the 915's. Looking forward to seeing more builds and mods. I'm waiting for someone to build some brackets and mod the side panels to use 480's




Looking at modding 480 right now still have some things to work out.
post #105 of 746
The only mod I anticipate is having to cut out extra space for my AX1200 power supply like was done earlier in this thread. I'm not sure I understand why they placed a pass through right where it is or why it needed to bulge out. I get that most PSUs arent as big as mine but the trend is headed that way.

Other than that the only other thing that would have been nice is for the motherboard tray to be extended up to the front of the chassis. If we need more pass through areas that would be fine but I've realized there isnt much in the way of solid flat space to mount reservoirs in the main case and the 915's aren't tall enough for many reservoirs.

I still love the case though and am looking forward to the next 4 days working on my build once the last of my parts show up tomorrow.
post #106 of 746
@ Xanlith

when i get home ill post some pics of the psu mod without the rubber molding so you can see the actual cut.

On another note here are some more pics of mine biggrin.gif. This was the 6 to 1 radiator harness i made and some pics of me testing it. It works great so far.





/content/type/61/id/1841671/width/350/height/700[/IMG]
Edited by Joeclim3er - 1/14/14 at 11:16am
post #107 of 746


Count me in. Damn. Order to delivery in 22 hours!


20140114_200241_zpseca4d21e.jpg

20140114_205120_zps352819f0.jpg

20140114_210101_zps8f1bc945.jpg

It's alive!

Going to have to raise my desk an inch to get it underneath.

How are you guys doing the cable management, can you show some pics of behind the mobo tray?
Edited by Wihglah - 1/14/14 at 2:17pm
post #108 of 746
Behind the mobo to see the wires OH no it's tight Cooler Master could have added another 1/2 here.
post #109 of 746
Im looking at the 915R for a mini ITX build alone.

Will a 240/280 AIO cooler and one set of fans fit with the ITX board and PSU installed? From pics its hard to tell if there is 50mm+ of space between the PSU/edge of mobo and the side panel. I have a BD drive as well, so it would need to be the two fan slots towards the rear rather then the front.
Title Pending
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH MSI GTX-670 Power Edition Crucial Tactical Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 830 Samsung 840 Swiftech H220 Dell U2713HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Seasonic X-650 Gold Fractal Arc Midi R2 Corsair M90 
Audio
Onkyo 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Title Pending
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH MSI GTX-670 Power Edition Crucial Tactical Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Samsung 830 Samsung 840 Swiftech H220 Dell U2713HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 Seasonic X-650 Gold Fractal Arc Midi R2 Corsair M90 
Audio
Onkyo 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostboy5977 View Post

Behind the mobo to see the wires OH no it's tight Cooler Master could have added another 1/2 here.


Side panel is on.

The gap was enough, but I have a pretty simple system and I spent a while back there. Another 1/2 and inch would make it easy.

RX360 V3 ordered. I've decided to go with acrylic tubes. I wanted to do Koolance disconnects between the 915 and the 935, but that will have to wait as I've run out of cash.

Though I'd try out a Cooler Master Jetflo with the red LEDs at the front.
Edited by Wihglah - 1/15/14 at 1:27pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] HAF Stacker Owners Club