Originally Posted by Pankie
You're blinded by what marketing has done to you. Your brain can't comprehend price/utility and you simply desire shiny apple products. If those hip commercials are what it takes to sell products to people like you then call it success.
Hi, Apple hater here. Never owned an Apple product before.
Just like to point out that the new Air beats all the current offerings on the market in price:features. We all have preferences, but overall this is the better product and it can be had for only 499. Some competitor products are actually more
expensive in the $550-$650 range. The tablet segment is the only one I can think of that Apple doesn't actually charge an absurd premium (until you add pointless upgrades for a kidney but we're not talking about a $900 128gb LTE device with $2,000 wireless contract). I have examined this and the new Samsung coming out in 2014; a decent competitor but I still prefer the iPad Air.
IOS is much more fluid on tablets than any other OS. Scrolling through text is pleasurable
on the iPads. The thinness and reduced size while still keeping a big screen is superior to all the picture frames competitors out there. The minor hardware upgrades that other tablets get increase its cost so much that it's not even worth it.
- Flash? Don't need it. We all take pictures with our phone or camera.
- 8mp camera? Bigger file size, not necessarily better pictures. Higher cost.
- Micro USB? Your other USB chargers will be taken up by their respective device anyways.
- HDMI Output? No seriously- who hooks up by a cable anymore? how useless is that. wireless connectivity is what motivates people
- Faster CPU? Depends how it's optimized for the OS. The new Apple A7 chip is more than enough. No noticeable difference between tablets.
- 10.1" screen VS. 9.7? normally larger screen is better, but not exactly. Once you reach 9"+ screens the difference is negligible and portability is more important.
thing I prefer about other tablets is that they offer expandable storage. That's not enough to change my mind based on my casual use.Edited by SkillzKillz - 10/22/13 at 8:18pm