Originally Posted by overclockFrance
I installed the EK copper waterblock on my HIS 290X yesterday and I tested the overclock :
- on air with 100 % fan stock volts , the card was able to run every benchmark at 1130/1650 Mhz (Elpdia memory modules). Games were stable at 1100/6400 Mhz.
- under water :
- stock volts : 1130/1650 Mhz : no overclocking improvement but what a silence !
- 1410 mV : 1260/1650 Mhz stable on every benchmark but I have several remarks :
- I suspect the GPU tweak voltage inaccurate : I check realtime temperatures, voltages, frequencies with the Logitech G19 display and AIDA64 :at 1410 mV, the actual GPU voltage is around 1.28 - 1.29 V and it fluctuates, depending on the display scene. I think that AIDA voltages are accurate since GPU and VRM temperatures are not very high, 43°C and 62°C respectively on 3DMark Vantage.
- at 1260 Mhz and whatever the RAM frequency, the display is corrupted, not artifacted : the display fluctuates between normal and blurred. If I lower the GPU frequency, at 1230, I have the same problem. Tested on every benchmark and Crysis 3. The characters are blurry, unreadable, the drawings are in 640x480 mode. Then If I reboot the computer, the image is crisp again. I tested evey bench and Crysis 3 without overclocking, no problem. I migrated the driver from 13.11beta 6 to beta7 and no change. Since the GPU frequency change does not solve my problem, I assume that memory is responsible for or the memory controller. Would it be possible to increase memory voltage ? Otherwise, would you have an idea ?
I flashed my HIS card with ASUS bios without any problems which is strange since my card has Elpida modules whereas ASUS ones are said to have Hynix memory.
In terms of scores at 1260/6400 Mhz :
3DMark Vantage Extreme : 32416 (and 274 W consumed !)
3D MArk 2013 : 6373
Unigine Heaven 4.0 2560x1600, everything maxed, AA 0X : 1155
3DMark 11 : X5514
Crysis 3 2560x1600, everything maxed except AA 0X : 35-40 fps at the beginning of the game, in the rain. Same as my previous GTX690Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)