Originally Posted by DzillaXx
You know the extra cost is less then turning off a single light bulb while playing a game right?
Even if you played heavily for 2-3 years you still wouldn't have saved enough in power bills to cover the extra cost of the gtx780.
This has never really been my experience, power bills went up ~20$ a month when i slapped in my titans from 670's. We also use 25w compact florro's through the whole house, so i guess it depends what light bulb you are comparing it to. We do heavy scrutinizing of power bills down here. 300$ for a house our size w/ the level of tech in it is pretty amazing. Specially since we pump 74f all day.
Originally Posted by Levesque
10-23% BETTER than Titan at 4K resolution, for HALF the price. My God Nvidia! Wake up!
zomg! Titan was released before 4k was released! I'm sure maxwell will have plenty of people QQing, then AMD will one up them again, then NV will one up AMD, than we will all be on 300$ gpu's strong enough to power triple 8k monitors & all hold hands & sing kumbaya.
Welcome to the GPU game. 290x dethrone coming in ~6-8 months. Maxwell dethrone coming in 12-24 months. Hopefully no WW3 or mass artificial recession in between.btw, quite a few people here from Team NV owe me 100$(290x > titan was a mathematical no-brainer.)
Last edit sware: I'm not sure how anyone can be happy about how the stock cooler is cooling the VRM's. Though, I bet they are some OP rated VRM's... w/e helps you sleep @ night. This card screams waterblock me, @ 80+DB from what I understand.
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko
I'm fairly bad with Photoshop and i am getting this card but what the hell
EDIT: Now With Bacon........because bacon makes everything betterWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I had bacon with Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner today.
I'm 6 foot, 160-70 lbs.
Originally Posted by pyra
This is how I see it:
- Nvidia still have the fastest single gpu card with stock cooler for single and triple 1080p monitor gaming with an overclocked Titan
- AMD have the fastest card for 4k monitors and above with the 290X
- The 290X has no overclocking headroom on a stock cooler as the gpu clocks are already being throttled back when it reaches 95C on stock clocks
- Price/performance AMD have every price point covered
- Nvidia will respond with a price cut, no matter what team your on you will benefit from this
- Nvidia is the better option for multi card setups on air due to the heat of the 290X
- ...... and I still havn't a clue what to upgrade too as physx is still something I'd like to have the option to use.
Point 7. Welcome to GPU warz.
NV jacking prices since for ever, thx to physX!Edited by skupples - 10/24/13 at 7:28pm