1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Quote:NJ. (Closet microcenter is about 40 minutes away)
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Quote:Everything except mouse/pad
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
SSD (at least 256)
HDD (1TB or less will be enough)
Quote:Mouse/pad and external dvd-writer for OS install
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Quote:Will be buying a QNIX or X-STAR
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
Quote:Want to buy everything except the GPU by 10-31 so I can take advantage of the deals
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Quote:*xfire/sli (dunno I'll actually do it see bottom)
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I have a 7 x64 ultimate key but I've read so many different arguments on whether or not 8.1 is better for gaming or 7 is or it's the same. If it truly is better I'll go 8.1 but I really don't like windows 8.
Here is the deal. With the gtx 780 price drop, the unavailability of the 290x and without knowing anything about the 290 I will refrain from buying the GPU until next week (but I want to buy the rest of parts now because they are on sale). I don't think the 290 non x will offer me the performance I'm looking for so right now I'm thinking either crossfire 280x ($600), 290x ($550) or 780 (~$520). 280x seems to outperform all 3 by a huge margin but I'm worried about microstutter and scaling and any other issues going with multi GPU since I've only done single GPU builds in the past. Would really like opinions on this since I'm lost.
Also please keep in my mind that I'm thinking of longevity with this build. I probably won't upgrade for at least 2-3 years minimum.
Here are the parts I've picked out so far:
Case: Either Corsair Obsidian Series Black 650D 159.99 or Corsair Graphite Series Black 600T 159.99. Can't make a decision here since they're both pretty much the same thing and same price..
CPU: 4760k 219.99
MB: Asus Z87- PRO 174.99 AR
HSF: CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i 86.99 (the h100i is only 15 bucks more ATM because of a big sale but I dunno if it's worth it or not? Would I be able to fit it?)
SSD: Samsung Electronics 840 Pro 256GB 214.99 (5 bucks cheaper on another site but I prefer amazon)
Monitor: QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll [Glossy] 27" 2560x1440 SAMSUNG PLS Panel 339.00
Keyboard: Max Keyboard Nighthawk-X8 Blue LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Brown Cherry MX) 144.99 - 10% discount if I "like" their FB page.
That's it for the parts I've picked out. Did a ton of reading so if something is incompatible or if you guys know of a better component please let me know. The PSU, RAM, HDD and speakers I have no idea what to get (maybe the logitech z623 which are 98 on amazon?).
I know this is a super long post but I've literally spent the past 2 weeks reading anything I can get my hands on. I'm really behind as to what's new in tech so getting some advice would be extremely helpful. THANKS!