Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TPU] Radeon R9 290 Launched Pushed Back a Week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TPU] Radeon R9 290 Launched Pushed Back a Week - Page 11

post #101 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post

Say no to global warming tongue.gif

stop ittt
post #102 of 106
I almost bought two 4GB 770 FTW cards today for 310$ each... must hold off...
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 EVGA GTX 780ti G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 SSD Corsair HDD BenQ XL2420T x2 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Heroichi 1000W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Rosewill Blackhawk Logitech G500 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 EVGA GTX 780ti G.Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 SSD Corsair HDD BenQ XL2420T x2 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Heroichi 1000W 80+ Gold Fully Modular Rosewill Blackhawk Logitech G500 Sennheiser PC360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 106
hold off....it...will...be...worth..it
post #104 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Those are normal frametimes for all cards by their respected frame rates so what is your point.
And no people don't want to hear about it but if someone states a fact is wrong I might defend it.

Just leave it behind you it is there some people notice it some don't

EDIT: but being a Nvidia fan while they just learned from THEIR mistake and now know their cards were doing bad back then doesn't make up for those cards having a problem back then.
Just going to end it with that

but you don't have a fact your defending, you see a few benchmarks of frame latency is not so great and one where the 560ti is absolutely horrible and are using a sweeping generalization. i offered having a "benchmark war" because for every bench you find of high latency i could find more to show the opposite; which i did in our previous discussion using only the one article you referenced.

also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

and i had no idea nVidia wrote this article 2 years ago . .
Inside the second: A new look at game benchmarking
New methods uncover problems with some GPU configs
by Scott Wasson — 6:08 PM on September 8, 2011
Because fermi frame latency was an outrage.

unless i read that wrong, you are claiming that the article was written because fermi had outrageous latency - that isn't stated anywhere reading the article. if any inference could be draw it would be the stutter caused by multi gpu configurations since that was tested the most but, that not stated either.
what was stated was:
Quote:
I suppose it all started with a brief conversation. Last fall, I was having dinner with Ramsom Koay, the PR rep from Thermaltake.
so maybe it was the pork chops he ordered for dinner?

since i've had to work some long hours this weekend i need to wait until saturday to do my brakes on my car . .sunday is looking pretty open atm . .
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart06 View Post

I almost bought two 4GB 770 FTW cards today for 310$ each... must hold off...
You and that other guys hypocritesmiley.png
such joke so amaze much fun

Saying that it is out of principle that you negated UPS man's delivery but why did you order them then if you rather wait half a year for cards that might very well be beaten by current gen AMD cards in Mantle situations.

As for buying a 770 and then a 4GB version while it has a 256bit bus that is as saying you bought a 680 because you wanted a high end card (while really you bought a tiny chip that Nvidia called high end while they raked in all the profits)
post #106 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

but you don't have a fact your defending, you see a few benchmarks of frame latency is not so great and one where the 560ti is absolutely horrible and are using a sweeping generalization. i offered having a "benchmark war" because for every bench you find of high latency i could find more to show the opposite; which i did in our previous discussion using only the one article you referenced.

also:
unless i read that wrong, you are claiming that the article was written because fermi had outrageous latency - that isn't stated anywhere reading the article. if any inference could be draw it would be the stutter caused by multi gpu configurations since that was tested the most but, that not stated either.
what was stated was:
so maybe it was the pork chops he ordered for dinner?

since i've had to work some long hours this weekend i need to wait until saturday to do my brakes on my car . .sunday is looking pretty open atm . .
Benchmark war without FCAT tools yeah good one wink.gif

I just said Fermi has latency issues and posted an article where they also tested those cards since old cards aren't usually tested with new methods.
Now I love to argue but I actually have exams this week and the next.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TPU] Radeon R9 290 Launched Pushed Back a Week