Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Benq's answer to Gsync?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Benq's answer to Gsync?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/benq_launches_27_xl2720z_gaming_monitor.html

Flicker Free tech, and CRT like no motion blur...

If this is true do we even need gsync, and AMD users no longer have to worry about Nvidia only either...
post #2 of 7
Yep, another one in the strobe-backlight tsunami. It's great that so many manufacturers are starting to copycat the 'LightBoost' idea (but officially, easier & better quality). I've already added it to the listing in the main LightBoost/G-SYNC/240Hz thread.

We've now got:
-- LightBoost; the one that started it all (popularized from my Blur Busters LightBoost HOWTO)
-- G-SYNC monitors' optional strobe mode.
-- EIZO's Turbo240 strobe mode.
-- BENQ's Motion Blur Reduction Mode.

As for G-SYNC versus strobe, they have mutually exclusive beneficial purposes:
-- G-SYNC: Eliminates stutters/tearing, but not motion blur. Nicer looking for highly variable framerate games.
-- Strobing: Eliminates motion blur, but not stutters/tearing. Nicer looking during high triple-digit constant framerates (especially framerate=Hz)
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrejhon View Post

Yep, another one in the strobe-backlight tsunami. It's great that so many manufacturers are starting to copycat the 'LightBoost' idea (but officially, easier & better quality). I've already added it to the listing in the main LightBoost/G-SYNC/240Hz thread.

We've now got:
-- LightBoost; the one that started it all (popularized from my Blur Busters LightBoost HOWTO)
-- G-SYNC monitors' optional strobe mode.
-- EIZO's Turbo240 strobe mode.
-- BENQ's Motion Blur Reduction Mode.

As for G-SYNC versus strobe, they have mutually exclusive beneficial purposes:
-- G-SYNC: Eliminates stutters/tearing, but not motion blur. Nicer looking for highly variable framerate games.
-- Strobing: Eliminates motion blur, but not stutters/tearing. Nicer looking during high triple-digit constant framerates (especially framerate=Hz)

I prefer strobing then. I hate motion blur. Vsync should continue to fix the tearing?
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

I prefer strobing then. I hate motion blur. Vsync should continue to fix the tearing?
Yep. LightBoost VSYNC ON looks amazing, if you can tolerate the input lag.

That said, if you want better color quality, consider Eizo's "LightBoost" equivalent, in their brand new Foris FG2421. Great colors combined with LightBoost-style motion blur elimination.

Within the List of 120Hz Monitors, there's 4 good different LightBoost-style motion blur reduction backlights now:

-- LightBoost (the one that started it all)
-- EIZO Turbo240 (FG2421)
-- BENQ Motion Blur Reduction (XL2720Z)
-- G-SYNC monitor's optional fixed-refresh-rate low-persistence strobe mode (not yet announced)
post #5 of 7
So Benq blur reduction tecnology is not an answer to Gsynch, its only an alternative of lightboost
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

So Benq blur reduction tecnology is not an answer to Gsynch, its only an alternative of lightboost
yes, which means G-Sync is still better, but all these features will continue to be tweaked.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna89 View Post

So Benq blur reduction tecnology is not an answer to Gsynch, its only an alternative of lightboost
G-SYNC monitors have an optional strobe mode that is also an alternative (sequel) to LightBoost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks keep you warm View Post

yes, which means G-Sync is still better, but all these features will continue to be tweaked.
Depends.

-- G-SYNC: Eliminates stutters/tearing, but not motion blur. Nicer looking for highly variable framerate games.
-- Strobing: Eliminates motion blur, but not stutters/tearing. Nicer looking during high triple-digit constant framerates (especially framerate=Hz)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Benq's answer to Gsync?