Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 1008

post #10071 of 16490
What is the exact name for the card you fried? Did you do the hard mod and soldered yourself? Was it artifacting before the skyn3t BIOS? If not then these BIOS are dangerous!!! I think I will obstain as I can't afford a new card.

Has anyone else fried their card with a Skyn3t BIOS?

Could someone tell me how to simply disable Boost using KeplerBIOSTweaker? I don't need the dangerous 1.21v and high TDP, but I want Boost disabled. Anyone feel like creating a custom BIOS just for me or telling me what changes to make with KeplerBIOSTweaker?
post #10072 of 16490
I don't believe it's the bios. You must have an eye out on the temps voltages,...

I really think I may have simply pushed it too far. Just the 1 card, all of the others have been solid.

As I believe I mentioned b4, probably a bad vrm or something along those lines. I have no real knowledge of the gpus other than what I've read and

learned, only an opinion. I'm not certain, I may have inadvertently turned off the voltage and current protection, though none of the others are set that

way.
post #10073 of 16490
But I don't understand how you could push it too far and have it fried. With GTX 680, if I push too hard, it would simply freeze or BSOD or TDR would kick in. Then, I would reset my PC, and get back to normal clocks without any artifacts. That was with 1.21v. If you push too far - it shouldn't fry, it should simply freeze due to TDR. It would only fry if the temperatures were going through the roof, past 95C. Was that the case? What were your temps? You run on simple air, correct? As far as over-voltage - how would it be possible if GTX 780 Ti are locked at 1.21v? It could only be the temps. Your card is EVGA GTX 780 Ti Kingpin Edition, yes?

What protections do Skyn3T BIOS files turn off??? I'm just lost because the only time I fried a card was when I did a hard-mod and over-volted but that should NOT be possible with Skyn3t BIOS! The whole idea of OC is to push your clocks as far as you can, but if that results in a dead card @ 1.21v then its too dangerous to OC with Skyn3T BIOS as the card can fry when you find your limit!
post #10074 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post

Has anyone successfully done a voltage regulation bypass?

If so I am very interested in doing this to both of my cards. They top out at 1270 MHz @ 1.21v, but load temps are only 44c. There is so much room for OC.

Go here Bud: http://www.overclock.net/t/1478066/nvidia-gtx-780ti-hard-volt-mod/0_100 thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsmash View Post

Thanks Ed, and sorry for beating a dead horse...I tried finding the answer in other posts, and read as much as I could in this thread but 1,000 pages is just too much tongue.gif

I plan on flashing to skyn3t bios this weekend!

Keep us posted of your OC endeavors! thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

Many BIOS Title names provide do not contain "Ti" but ROM names do. I take it was just omitted? I am not being picky, but I want to be 100% sure I am flashing the right BIOS!

If the bios were not for the Ti we would not have posted them in the OP on our own 780 Ti thread dont you think? smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

What is the exact name for the card you fried? Did you do the hard mod and soldered yourself? Was it artifacting before the skyn3t BIOS? If not then these BIOS are dangerous!!! I think I will obstain as I can't afford a new card.

Has anyone else fried their card with a Skyn3t BIOS?

Could someone tell me how to simply disable Boost using KeplerBIOSTweaker? I don't need the dangerous 1.21v and high TDP, but I want Boost disabled. Anyone feel like creating a custom BIOS just for me or telling me what changes to make with KeplerBIOSTweaker?

Dont go there, please just dont spread misinformation! I explained you about TDP, if you feel OC is too dangerous for you, then you simply dont OC at all!
Everything about OC comes with a warning, if cards at default burn out, OC´ed card can burn too without the OC being the culprit!
Bios do not kill cards, like guns, people kill people, not the guns themselves! We would not release a bios that would kill cards by itself!
Any doubt you have i can help you with it! thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post

I don't believe it's the bios. You must have an eye out on the temps voltages,...

I really think I may have simply pushed it too far. Just the 1 card, all of the others have been solid.

As I believe I mentioned b4, probably a bad vrm or something along those lines. I have no real knowledge of the gpus other than what I've read and

learned, only an opinion. I'm not certain, I may have inadvertently turned off the voltage and current protection, though none of the others are set that

way.

Too bad about your card man! Turning off voltage and current protection means you fiddle the PCB at hardware level by cutting traces; on certain cards, those protections can be disabled with a program (For DICE and LN2 extreme OC´s) smile.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
Edited by OccamRazor - 4/23/14 at 4:26pm
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10075 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Too bad about your card man! Turning off voltage and current protection means you fiddle the PCB at hardware level, cutting traces; on certain cards, those protections can be disabled with a program (For DICE and LN2 extreme OC´s) smile.gif

Oh! So EVGA Classified boards come with hardware switches that allow you to disable all kinds of protection. My SuperClocked version doesn't have that, so I am pretty safe then!
post #10076 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

Oh! So EVGA Classified boards come with hardware switches that allow you to disable all kinds of protection. My SuperClocked version doesn't have that, so I am pretty safe then!

No, AFAIK they dont! The "program" i was talking about is specially written to disable those protections for extreme OC!


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10077 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

No, AFAIK they dont! The "program" i was talking about is specially written to disable those protections for extreme OC!


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)

What program? Is it integrated into Skyn3t BIOS? The only other program I know is the LLC Mod for AfterBurner, but it doesn't work on GTX 780 Tis, only on GTX 780 Ti from MSI. What other program is there that can disable protections?
Edited by MonarchX - 4/23/14 at 5:53pm
post #10078 of 16490
Is it EZ3Flash program? That is just for flashing.. Or is it the nvflash.exe --protectoff command that does that? There is no other program I can find in this thread or in your sig that would remove protection from a GTX 780 Ti card..? What program??? I want to flash BIOS right now, but I am not sure if the "program" that removes protection is a part of the Skyn3t BIOS.
post #10079 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

What program? Is it integrated into Skyn3t BIOS? The only other program I know is the LLC Mod for AfterBurner, but it doesn't work on GTX 780 Tis, only on GTX 780 Ti from MSI. What other program is there that can disable protections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

Is it EZ3Flash program? That is just for flashing.. Or is it the nvflash.exe --protectoff command that does that? There is no other program I can find in this thread or in your sig that would remove protection from a GTX 780 Ti card..? What program??? I want to flash BIOS right now, but I am not sure if the "program" that removes protection is a part of the Skyn3t BIOS.

Its not for "you" and its not in my SIG or in any bios! redface.gif!
Its for extreme overclockers that want all they can get out of their cards with negative temperatures with dry ice (DICE) and liquid nitrogen (LN2) at temperatures from -70C to -196C!
EZ3flash is for flashing bios only!


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10080 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarchX View Post

What is the exact name for the card you fried? Did you do the hard mod and soldered yourself? Was it artifacting before the skyn3t BIOS? If not then these BIOS are dangerous!!! I think I will obstain as I can't afford a new card.

Has anyone else fried their card with a Skyn3t BIOS?

Could someone tell me how to simply disable Boost using KeplerBIOSTweaker? I don't need the dangerous 1.21v and high TDP, but I want Boost disabled. Anyone feel like creating a custom BIOS just for me or telling me what changes to make with KeplerBIOSTweaker?

I have news for you - hardware fails without being modified or overheated, too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club