Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 763

post #7621 of 16491
Got two ti's in sli running a corsair ax860. When running them at 1200mhz at about 1.17 volts at the most, system cuts off and trips and my mobo says its a power supply issue. Not enough power on ax860? I'm running stock bios....4770k, 3 ssd's, 4 gentle typhoons 2 200mm fans, 4.6 oc at 1.23v.
post #7622 of 16491
hi guys i'm thinking to sell my gtx780ghz sli to keep a gtx780ti, what do you think is the best between evga classified superclocked version and msi gaming one? I've never had an evga card before, but i can talk very well about twin frozr cooler wich i suppose it's one of the best on the marker for silence
post #7623 of 16491
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredocini View Post

I have a sort of stupid question... Do graphics drivers affect how our cards can overclock as well?

Really good question. In my (limited) experience with just a couple of different cards, there seems to be little difference in game performance among drivers per se so long as the driver was released after your card came to market.

But, I've seen a lot of difference in game stability from the various game-profile updates that Nvidia packages with its drivers. Profiles can cause instability with one driver that you don't have with another, which affects your OC.

As for raw performance that you would measure with synthetic benchmarks, maybe someone with more experience in that area will chime in. I'm into games, so I'm concerned with stability, and my performance benchmark is latency, not frame rates; a few FPS one way or another doesn't mean anything to me. Wish I could be more helpful.
post #7624 of 16491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnYBLaZe View Post

Got two ti's in sli running a corsair ax860. When running them at 1200mhz at about 1.17 volts at the most, system cuts off and trips and my mobo says its a power supply issue. Not enough power on ax860? I'm running stock bios....4770k, 3 ssd's, 4 gentle typhoons 2 200mm fans, 4.6 oc at 1.23v.

Decrease clocks or get another PSU for the software you are running!
You see, voltage is not the issue as voltage is only electrical potential, it allows current to flow but only when needed like when software starts to load the card, the "harder" is the program for the card to run, the more current will draw from the PSU! Higher clocks only make it more power hungry!
A GK110 mining with 1,180V draws over 400W from the PSU! Lets give it 350W for each card@1200mhz, plus 180/200W for your OC'ed CPU and the rest of the system and clearly you see you are at/over the limit there! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by beseitfia View Post

hi guys i'm thinking to sell my gtx780ghz sli to keep a gtx780ti, what do you think is the best between evga classified superclocked version and msi gaming one? I've never had an evga card before, but i can talk very well about twin frozr cooler wich i suppose it's one of the best on the marker for silence

Its 2 completely different cards! Classifieds are in a different league that MSI gaming, EVGA Classifieds have their own voltage controller tool and very good VRM modules, MSI gaming is only a reference card (unlike the Lightning)!
Either way you will loose about 20/30% performance from 780SLI into single 780Ti!

My 2 cents


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7625 of 16491
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredocini View Post

I have a sort of stupid question... Do graphics drivers affect how our cards can overclock as well?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredg View Post

Really good question. In my (limited) experience with just a couple of different cards, there seems to be little difference in game performance among drivers per se so long as the driver was released after your card came to market.

But, I've seen a lot of difference in game stability from the various game-profile updates that Nvidia packages with its drivers. Profiles can cause instability with one driver that you don't have with another, which affects your OC.

As for raw performance that you would measure with synthetic benchmarks, maybe someone with more experience in that area will chime in. I'm into games, so I'm concerned with stability, and my performance benchmark is latency, not frame rates; a few FPS one way or another doesn't mean anything to me. Wish I could be more helpful.

Yes, drivers can affect overclock as they are the interface from the card to the system and coded with limits imposed by nvidia and carry a lot of bugs!tongue.gif
The latest betas are unstable for 60% of the users, crashes and gaming in general is bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberwell View Post

So my card is now running skyn3t's bios, and gpu-z is reporting my oc at 1301 MHz, but when I run Valley to benchmark, AB says I only get 1274 MHz. This is with Power Limit set at 120%, core +255 MHz, Temp Limit 95C.
Is this normal?

GPUz reports different clocks when OC'ed! AB is coded with all voltage/clocks monitoring chips out there! biggrin.gif
But also could be a AB/precisionx issue, uninstall AB/precisionx, delete their install folders and re install again (make sure you install AB 18 as it contains RTSS 6.0)! if the issue remains its GPUz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

getting BSOD 3B when enabling Kboost on stock bios? wut?

Uninstall PX, delete its install folder, use DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html
After reboot install drivers 332.21 WHQL and PX, try enabling K-boost again! thumb.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7626 of 16491
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Decrease clocks or get another PSU for the software you are running!
You see, voltage is not the issue as voltage is only electrical potential, it allows current to flow but only when needed like when software starts to load the card, the "harder" is the program for the card to run, the more current will draw from the PSU! Higher clocks only make it more power hungry!
A GK110 mining with 1,180V draws over 400W from the PSU! Lets give it 350W for each card@1200mhz, plus 180/200W for your OC'ed CPU and the rest of the system and clearly you see you are at/over the limit there! wink.gif

Sweet, thanks for your great input razor thumb.gif Yea, I lowered the power target and still hit about the same clocks no shutdown. About two seconds away from ordering a rush delivery replacement PSU. That OC was stable in crysis 3 but crashed in 2 seconds with Alan Wake when I had the second card assigned to csaa x64
post #7627 of 16491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHnYBLaZe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Decrease clocks or get another PSU for the software you are running!
You see, voltage is not the issue as voltage is only electrical potential, it allows current to flow but only when needed like when software starts to load the card, the "harder" is the program for the card to run, the more current will draw from the PSU! Higher clocks only make it more power hungry!
A GK110 mining with 1,180V draws over 400W from the PSU! Lets give it 350W for each card@1200mhz, plus 180/200W for your OC'ed CPU and the rest of the system and clearly you see you are at/over the limit there! wink.gif

Sweet, thanks for your great input razor thumb.gif Yea, I lowered the power target and still hit about the same clocks no shutdown. About two seconds away from ordering a rush delivery replacement PSU. That OC was stable in crysis 3 but crashed in 2 seconds with Alan Wake when I had the second card assigned to csaa x64


Still you are pushing the PSU into the edge! In short/long term might damage it (and probably the rest of the system) if the power draw is constantly at the PSU max!
you can keep that PSU and add another: http://www.add2psu.com/ thumb.gif

Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7628 of 16491
IN!

here is some cool water! smile.gif

post #7629 of 16491
Thread Starter 
vBios update Asus Ti DCUII OC 02/11/2014
ready for download @ OP
Quote:
[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club

Asus Ti DCUII OC
  • Version 80.80.34.00.10
  • Base core clock 1045Mhz
  • Disabled boost
  • 3d voltage adjustable
  • 1.212v unlocked
  • Fan Idle 20%
  • Fan bumped to 100%
  • Default power target 100% 300w by 200% slide 600w >>Evga Precision X
  • Default power target 100% 300w by 300% slide 600w>> Msi AfterBurner

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin82 View Post

@ Team Skynet

Hello Skynet team perhaps you can create a Skynet Bios Asus DCUII OC ?
The original bios I've uploaded here
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8605655/Original-DCUII-OC.rom.html

as your wish smile.gif
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7630 of 16491
I've not gone the flash the bios route yet (I will save that for when I'm under water and I'm a bit more clued up) but I've been playing around with AB and fans at 100%. I'm new to overclocking GFX cards but from my basic CPU overclocking knowledge you increase core speed by a certain increment, burn it in, hope for pass, repeat until failed burn in. At this point you can increase core voltage until it passes up to a certain safe core voltage or keep the previous settings.

Using this approach I went about OCing my 780Ti's. I was going up in 25 increments on both core clock and memory clock on AB (i know you should only change one at a time). I got up +250/+250 which is 1270MHz max core and 7.5GHz memory according to GPUz (max temp of ~65ºC due to cold air) with a pass and then failed at +275/+275 so I checked this tread and saw that max safe air voltage is 1.212 V.
I don't know the best way to measure GPU voltage but I was using GPUz and had the voltage sensor which read 1.000 V whilst idle and 1.1870 V max whilst benching. Now I figured that gave me 25 mV headroom I could use so I slid the slider up on AB to +25 and applied it, ran the bench at +250/+250 (settings that I knew passed, and they did) but the max voltage on GPUz didnt change it still read 1.1870 V.

Is my understanding of GFX OCing wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Is it a limitation of the software/hardware I'm using (reference gainward cards)?

Sorry if this is long winded but i appreciate any advice. Thanks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club