Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 775

post #7741 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by garandhero View Post

if I get a EVGA GTX 780 Ti (reference) can I flash Skynets GTX 780 Ti Superclocked on it just to up the base clocks so I have a higher starting point?

Yes you can. You have to force the BIOS when flash but it's ok. Use the BIOS flashing script tool on the first page.
Ultimate Gaming
(17 items)
 
Sound & Vision
(18 items)
 
Creative Space
(12 items)
 
Reply
Ultimate Gaming
(17 items)
 
Sound & Vision
(18 items)
 
Creative Space
(12 items)
 
Reply
post #7742 of 16490
Question guys, I'm on a budget but I having trouble deciding which of these cards to get for my up coming water-cooled rig, I plan to get 1 1080p 27" monitor now and 2 more down the road for nvidia surround, should I get a Single GTX 780 Classy now and save money? or should I spend the extra 200 bucks now and get 780ti? I looking for performance out of the box, which one out of the box is better performance? and which route should I go?

All suggestions are welcome:)
post #7743 of 16490
Hey guys,

Does Zotac allow a waterblock to be installed on their graphics cards? Will the warranty still be valid provided you re-install the original cooler?
post #7744 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgam3r View Post

Question guys, I'm on a budget but I having trouble deciding which of these cards to get for my up coming water-cooled rig, I plan to get 1 1080p 27" monitor now and 2 more down the road for nvidia surround, should I get a Single GTX 780 Classy now and save money? or should I spend the extra 200 bucks now and get 780ti? I looking for performance out of the box, which one out of the box is better performance? and which route should I go?

All suggestions are welcome:)

I have x3 VG278HE and x2 Titans! I don't recommend anything less than 2 cards for surround, 780SLI has 20/30% more juice than any single card!
But if money is no restriction get a 780Ti Classy now and another later, with those cards OC'ed* you're set for a few years (and get over Maxwell too)biggrin.gif!

* 780Ti Classifieds have a voltage tool to get up to 1,500V( 1,350V with 780 classys), even with a bad Oc'er you get 1300mhz+, reference 780Ti cards cant overvolt unless hardmoded, reference 780's can be overvolted but loose 200mhz to the 780Ti in performance!


My 2cents.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
Edited by OccamRazor - 2/18/14 at 11:44am
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7745 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

vBios update Asus Ti DCUII OC 02/11/2014
ready for download @ OP

as your wish smile.gif



Big thanx to the skyn3t team for all the info and quick response on this bios request. After flashing to this bios i'm getting 1.087V and no control. It was 1.187V max. I'm using msi afterburner. Should I be completely uninstalling my OC utility prior to flashing? I'm going to try precision x and gpu tweak after work. So ready to hard volt mod this card.

Edited by Hate420 - 2/18/14 at 2:30pm
post #7746 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate420 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

vBios update Asus Ti DCUII OC 02/11/2014
ready for download @ OP

as your wish smile.gif



Big thanx to the skyn3t team for all the info and quick response on this bios request. After flashing to this bios i'm getting 1.087V and no control. It was 1.187V max. I'm using msi afterburner. Should I be completely uninstalling my OC utility prior to flashing? I'm going to try precision x and gpu tweak after work. So ready to hard volt mod this card.
Use Precision X and it Works fine thumb.gif
post #7747 of 16490
Hey guys can a gfx pull more than 75w from PCie..I mean 75w is the theoretical limit correct??
post #7748 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post

Hey guys can a gfx pull more than 75w from PCie..I mean 75w is the theoretical limit correct??

Yes, it can. That 75w on the slot is what the board needs to provide to be within spec, but, there is a reason high end OC style boards put an additional connector on the board for the pcie slots, to help keep clean heavy power going to the slots.
post #7749 of 16490
Don't like the new drivers. Getting some OC instability with them that didn't exist before.
Audio E-peen
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-5960X ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Unobtainium GPU 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 High-Performance PWM x2 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM x2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-A9x14 Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell U2715H Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone SX600-G NCASE M1 v4 Logitech G700s eVGA GTX 590 Mouse Mat 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Yggdrasil Unobtainium Amplifier Unobtainium Headphones Cambridge Audio Azur 851A 
AudioAudioOther
Anthony Gallo Acoustics Reference Strada JH Audio JH13 Pro (Custom Silver Cables) Herman Miller Embody 
  hide details  
Reply
Audio E-peen
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-5960X ASRock X99E-ITX/ac Unobtainium GPU 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB Corsair H100i Corsair SP120 High-Performance PWM x2 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM x2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NF-A9x14 Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell U2715H Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone SX600-G NCASE M1 v4 Logitech G700s eVGA GTX 590 Mouse Mat 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Schiit Yggdrasil Unobtainium Amplifier Unobtainium Headphones Cambridge Audio Azur 851A 
AudioAudioOther
Anthony Gallo Acoustics Reference Strada JH Audio JH13 Pro (Custom Silver Cables) Herman Miller Embody 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7750 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by friend'scatdied View Post

Don't like the new drivers. Getting some OC instability with them that didn't exist before.
same, just got an artefact/frozen screen while playing a game of bf4. le sigh
BAU5
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4870HQ Logic Board NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 16 GB RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-E SSD OSX 10.9 Mavericks Retina Display 
  hide details  
Reply
BAU5
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4870HQ Logic Board NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 16 GB RAM 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-E SSD OSX 10.9 Mavericks Retina Display 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club