Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 914

post #9131 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu105 View Post

Should I get the acx evga or just the regular newegg has them for same price 729 ... I do like the way the ref card looks.

The ACX failed to impress me. Even Asus' DC2 was just OK.

Reference cards are too loud IMO and can't match the temps of a real cooler.

Check out Techpowerup's review of the MSI Gaming w/ the Twin Frozr 4 cooler. The fans are 100mm. AFAIK, the ACX is 90mm? I can confirm that it is without a doubt in another league when it comes to cooling prowess and acoustical footprint. The sonics produced on this card are fantastic and I'm VERY particular when it comes to the way a fan sounds. The ACX's fans produced a whine that drove me nuts. The DC2 was not annoying, but still louder than I'd like.

Here's a video showing the difference between Asus' DC2 Cooltech fans and the MSI's TF4 Propeller fans. Yes, the Cooltechs do exhaust a bit of air out the back, but honestly as long as you have a good case, this should not be an issue. I have a single rear exhaust that's a 120 and spins @ 1500 RPM. That's enough for my 4670K @ 4.2 Ghz and 1.3V AND the MSI 780 Ti TF4 @ 1210/7800 spitting all kinda air into that case. I see no reason why anyone would go reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lMtwuX60JU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post

Even when OC'd to 1241, the card never breaks 70 deg C during Valley or when gaming with BF4 after 2 hours. This is using the default fan curve built into the BIOS.

What does the fan speed max @? Also, what size are those fans? They look like 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Use evga precision-x. Precision also comes with Rivatuner and allows you onscreen information about voltage, temperature, clock speeds etc.

Why?

I've used both PX and AB. The only differences I noticed on my Ti are:

-PX is ugly
-PX's GUI is the opposite of efficiency
-PX has problems w/ detecting correct clocks and total memory usage

IMO, AB is far better and updated WAY more often.
post #9132 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu105 View Post

Should I get the acx evga or just the regular newegg has them for same price 729 ... I do like the way the ref card looks.

The ACX failed to impress me. Even Asus' DC2 was just OK.

Reference cards are too loud IMO and can't match the temps of a real cooler.

Check out Techpowerup's review of the MSI Gaming w/ the Twin Frozr 4 cooler. The fans are 100mm. AFAIK, the ACX is 90mm? I can confirm that it is without a doubt in another league when it comes to cooling prowess and acoustical footprint. The sonics produced on this card are fantastic and I'm VERY particular when it comes to the way a fan sounds. The ACX's fans produced a whine that drove me nuts. The DC2 was not annoying, but still louder than I'd like.

Here's a video showing the difference between Asus' DC2 Cooltech fans and the MSI's TF4 Propeller fans. Yes, the Cooltechs do exhaust a bit of air out the back, but honestly as long as you have a good case, this should not be an issue. I have a single rear exhaust that's a 120 and spins @ 1500 RPM. That's enough for my 4670K @ 4.2 Ghz and 1.3V AND the MSI 780 Ti TF4 @ 1210/7800 spitting all kinda air into that case. I see no reason why anyone would go reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lMtwuX60JU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyster View Post

Even when OC'd to 1241, the card never breaks 70 deg C during Valley or when gaming with BF4 after 2 hours. This is using the default fan curve built into the BIOS.

What does the fan speed max @? Also, what size are those fans? They look like 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Use evga precision-x. Precision also comes with Rivatuner and allows you onscreen information about voltage, temperature, clock speeds etc.

Why?

I've used both PX and AB. The only differences I noticed on my Ti are:

-PX is ugly
-PX's GUI is the opposite of efficiency
-PX has problems w/ detecting correct clocks and total memory usage

IMO, AB is far better and updated WAY more often.

I agree with the looks, however precision X can control voltage on 780ti, Afterburner cannot AFAIK. Unless there's been an update. I hate not having afterburners graphing, and I don't want to run them both. Too complicated IMO.

I just wanted to comment about the whole fan shroud conversation above. The 780ti fan is pretty awesome, probably one of the best reference coolers I've ever seen. And I had a r9 290 gaming, it couldn't keep the GPU cool enough to maintain stock clocks. But I may have had a defective card. Oh, also I hated that the top fan speed was capped so low, so for suicide runs even 100% fan was silent, and only marginally cooled better than the stock profile.

With suicide air runs, the stock air cooler moves tons of air, and cools very well, although it'll be heard when fans are turned up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Water5930k
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k asus x99 pro/3.1 RX VEGA x2 gskill ddr4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
evo 1tb samsung 1tb hdd blu ray burner custom watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 preview Qnix UHD325 4K 32" ducky shine 4 EVGA 1600w titanium 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
enthoo primo Corsair M65 pro RGB logitech  bose speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Water5930k
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5930k asus x99 pro/3.1 RX VEGA x2 gskill ddr4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
evo 1tb samsung 1tb hdd blu ray burner custom watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 preview Qnix UHD325 4K 32" ducky shine 4 EVGA 1600w titanium 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
enthoo primo Corsair M65 pro RGB logitech  bose speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9133 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post


I've used both PX and AB. The only differences I noticed on my Ti are:

-PX is ugly
-PX's GUI is the opposite of efficiency
-PX has problems w/ detecting correct clocks and total memory usage

IMO, AB is far better and updated WAY more often.

I've also used both.

I've never encountered problems with detecting clock or memory usage at any point.

They are essentially the same program from the same author.

AB is certainly updated more frequently as MSI seems to be blocking Sidewinder somehow from updating PX. That's just speculation on my part because Jacob was asked why no new PX and I believe he said because of issues with another vendor.

If memory serves me, there have been people who can't adjust non-MSI 780 Ti voltage with afterburner which really is the one and only reason why I'd recommend one over the other.
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Upstairs Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Maximus VI Hero evga 1080 Ti with Hybrid mod Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb WD Caviar Black Corsair h100i GTX Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
xb280hk EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Corsair Carbide Air 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9134 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by steadly2004 View Post

I agree with the looks, however precision X can control voltage on 780ti, Afterburner cannot AFAIK.
Ok, that makes sense. For me, I'm @ 1.200 using both programs wo/ doing anything special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

I've never encountered problems with detecting clock or memory usage at any point. AB is certainly updated more frequently as MSI seems to be blocking Sidewinder somehow from updating PX. That's just speculation on my part because Jacob was asked why no new PX and I believe he said because of issues with another vendor.

If memory serves me, there have been people who can't adjust non-MSI 780 Ti voltage with afterburner which really is the one and only reason why I'd recommend one over the other.

Unless there's been an update in the last 2 months, whatever version of Precision X I was using told me I had over 4 TB of VRAM and a 3D clock speed of 800 Mhz. It could not read my FPS either.

Makes sense as to why it's not being updated. I wonder if ALL the OEM's are done by Unwinder? Asus, Galaxy, etc? Oh wow, I tried the Galaxy version back when I had a 680 and that was TERRIBAD!

Yup, I've got an MSI card, so that makes sense.
post #9135 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

The ACX failed to impress me. Even Asus' DC2 was just OK.

Reference cards are too loud IMO and can't match the temps of a real cooler.

Check out Techpowerup's review of the MSI Gaming w/ the Twin Frozr 4 cooler. The fans are 100mm. AFAIK, the ACX is 90mm? I can confirm that it is without a doubt in another league when it comes to cooling prowess and acoustical footprint. The sonics produced on this card are fantastic and I'm VERY particular when it comes to the way a fan sounds. The ACX's fans produced a whine that drove me nuts. The DC2 was not annoying, but still louder than I'd like.

Here's a video showing the difference between Asus' DC2 Cooltech fans and the MSI's TF4 Propeller fans. Yes, the Cooltechs do exhaust a bit of air out the back, but honestly as long as you have a good case, this should not be an issue. I have a single rear exhaust that's a 120 and spins @ 1500 RPM. That's enough for my 4670K @ 4.2 Ghz and 1.3V AND the MSI 780 Ti TF4 @ 1210/7800 spitting all kinda air into that case. I see no reason why anyone would go reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lMtwuX60JU
What does the fan speed max @? Also, what size are those fans? They look like 80's.
Why?

I've used both PX and AB. The only differences I noticed on my Ti are:

-PX is ugly
-PX's GUI is the opposite of efficiency
-PX has problems w/ detecting correct clocks and total memory usage

IMO, AB is far better and updated WAY more often.
The biggest issue is it's still an MSI card IMO. I would rather have a PNY card over an MSI, and I hate PNY.

And I've never had issues with either PX or AB.
post #9136 of 16490
You're going to have to back that up w/ some more info there buddy. Other than a bit of coil whine that's inaudible from more than a couple feet and the "warranty void if cooler removed" it's been my favorite GPU of all time. MSI's TF4 cooler is FAR and away better than what the rest have to offer.

It's my 1st MSI and I've not had to deal w/ RMA, but...why?
post #9137 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcg75 View Post

Use evga precision-x. Precision also comes with Rivatuner and allows you onscreen information about voltage, temperature, clock speeds etc.

The main problem I see with Precision-X is that it did not allow me to save the selected voltage along with the rest of the OC profile. You have to set the voltage manually every time you re-boot, before you select the profile you want. rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

What does the fan speed max @? Also, what size are those fans? They look like 80's.

The fans are 2 x 80 on the outside, and the center fan is a 90 I believe. The center fan also rotates counter to the other two outside fans BTW. thumb.gif I didn't check max RPM on the fans, but it is a bit quieter than my old GTX 780 reference card that I just replaced.
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9138 of 16490
Next time you get a chance, that would be great.

FWIW, I load @ 68 C w/ 1900 RPM on an MSI TF4.
post #9139 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

I would rather have a PNY card over an MSI, and I hate PNY.

PNY is fine. They usually don't have PNY designed cards, typically they just re-badge someone else's card, like Palit. Mostly they just sell reference nVidia cards. thumb.gif Also, as long as you register the card within 30 days, you get a free lifetime (of the product) warranty.
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9140 of 16490
hAHA! tOTALLY ot, BUT WHY DOES THIS EXIST?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130801

Whoops! Caps LOCK!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club