Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 968

post #9671 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post


Who's with me? thumb.gif

Hey mate
You've been good with the VRM and coil whine info I have one more question for you.

What the hell is making this buzzing noise on my card?

http://youtu.be/aa4kFFpt5Qs

I was playing Thief VRM's hit 100c buzzing got that loud my wife heard it across the room.
I've actually got a Noctua fan cabled tied to the back of the card blowing across the back plate to try an lower the temps.

But the buzzing, it isn't even a coil whine sound.

7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9672 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

Alright guys let's help us to get the owners list organized.
I fixed 25 link and still need to update the rest.
what i need from you owners in the list below is a valid GPU-Z link. you can PM it to me.

@Erfan.
@sidewu
@xskullmanx
@tzvia
@Anakin198

Thank you smile.gif

best
skyn3t

How did I ended up there again? I read this thread for fun. Haven't even post yet haha
post #9673 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathier View Post

Hey guys,

I already burned 1 x EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB during litecoin mining. Or actually it was pretty strange, my computer had an uptime of 11 days and I noticed I had a few programs to update etc so I did that, when I then restarted the computer my HERO board beebed GFX error and I started some intensive testing like new psu, new pci-e port etc etc to no avail. Then I threw in an old spare card and the computer booted up without any issues.

Should I avoid overclocking the core while mining or was I simply unlucky?

- I can tell that from day 1 the card hard MASSIVE coil whine in 3D Mark especially in the first test Ice Storm. Also during the intro of for example Grid2, but never any whine in any games themselfs.

When mining I had my core set trough EVGA P. X. +120 and that gave me a stable hashrate of 650ish. (Can't remember excactly as I RMA'd the card 10 days ago and my new one will not arrive until tomorrow or later today with luck).

I kind of want to run with the SK3NET rom to get the most out of the card and I kind of want to mine ALL the time while I am not using the PC for gaming.

Hopefully someone can give me an advice on this.

You are not the first and wont be the last person that had a Titan/780/780Ti "killed" with mining, personally i have seen a few with a popped [R33] inductor and a burned mosfet with a [R22] inductor, some with mild OC's, low voltage 1,13V, one even at stock!
TIN (EVGA Engineer, Kingpin partner) advised that 780Ti (along with GK110 reference cards, Titan and 780) had a very week power section not long ago in a talk he had with my Brother!
Some still mine and nothing happened with their cards but some unlucky ones like you had their cards "killed"!
Personally i believe that those cards already were flawed from the beginning but there is no way to know that when you buy the card but due to the very high loads the card is subjected while mining those defects may dictate the outcome! Ask Gorden, he uses his card for mining and can give you a heads up and a few pointers! thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

Signed. I am simply agreeing that although some of us disagree, I don't want any negativity in this thread. This is a thread dedicated to tweakers and in my experience does not seem to affect the actual hardware to the point of breaking something. My MSI 780 Ti Gaming has been perfect now that I am running @ stock speeds. If EVGA is going to cover this anyway, most likely...then who cares? Just buy EVGA cards. Replace the cooler if you're sensitive to noise like myself. If you're dead set on silent PC computing and do not plan on tweaking or like me have become interested in just how low you can keep power consumption (I live in the desert and it hits 115 in the summer), don't plan on removing the cooler, do not require tech support on weekends, and are ok w/ a big dragon the box of your GPU, then the MSI is for you.

Personally, for me, it does come down to aesthetics as well. Asus is the only other GPU w/ the color red AFAIK and this is a requirement because I can see through my non-windowed case. tongue.gif

But for real, the Twin Frozr 4 and its propeller fans are the best GPU cooling kit for the AIR-OCNER as far as soooooothing noise is concerned. Sometimes I like to put my ear up to it and just listen...rock the meditative station for bliss on this MSI can you, yes?!

Also, dat dragon.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
bqwR6KL.jpg

I also have those temps, as for now i live 1000 miles from a desert (still across a big patch of sea) but still during summertime we have high 100F with very hot wind coming from the desert! rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

Hey mate
You've been good with the VRM and coil whine info I have one more question for you.

What the hell is making this buzzing noise on my card?

http://youtu.be/aa4kFFpt5Qs

I was playing Thief VRM's hit 100c buzzing got that loud my wife heard it across the room.
I've actually got a Noctua fan cabled tied to the back of the card blowing across the back plate to try an lower the temps.

But the buzzing, it isn't even a coil whine sound.


Something is wrong with that card mate! What is your ambient temperature? If its very high so is all the cards components, what is your card idle temp?
OR you have a defective temperature sensor
OR the cooler is not making good contact with the PCB and the VRM section is not being cooled properly


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9674 of 16490
But believing fudzilla...

"Nvidia was concerned by the mining craze as it allowed AMD to sell more R290X and 290 cards than expected. When the cards were designed and introduced nobody was expecting such a spike in demand, as mining was always a relatively small phenomenon given AMD's overall volume. Once people figured out that they could buy a heap of Radeons that would practically pay for themselves in a matter of weeks, it all went wrong.

You'd think that AMD would be laughing all the way to the bank, but it's not that simple.

We were informed of a potential problem with these cards as our industry sources raised concerns that some of them might start dying and RMA earlier than they should, which might be bad news for AMD and its add-in-board partners.

When AMD and Nvidia design a high-end graphics card, they don’t expect it to run under full load for more than a few hours a day. Even diehard gamers have to eat, sleep and work, so they can't run their cards under full load for more than six to eight hours a day. Even professional cards aren't designed to run at full load all the time.

However, miner cards were running at the highest possible load 24/7 and in some cases they were overclocked. Our educated guess and some basic mathematics are telling us that these cards might be meeting their maker much sooner than their owners expect."


http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/34405-scrypt-mining-gold-rush-finally-ends


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
Edited by OccamRazor - 4/6/14 at 11:36pm
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9675 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

But believing fudzilla...

"Nvidia was concerned by the mining craze as it allowed AMD to sell more R290X and 290 cards than expected. When the cards were designed and introduced nobody was expecting such a spike in demand, as mining was always a relatively small phenomenon given AMD's overall volume. Once people figured out that they could buy a heap of Radeons that would practically pay for themselves in a matter of weeks, it all went wrong.

You'd think that AMD would be laughing all the way to the bank, but it's not that simple.

We were informed of a potential problem with these cards as our industry sources raised concerns that some of them might start dying and RMA earlier than they should, which might be bad news for AMD and its add-in-board partners.

When AMD and Nvidia design a high-end graphics card, they don’t expect it to run under full load for more than a few hours a day. Even diehard gamers have to eat, sleep and work, so they can't run their cards under full load for more than six to eight hours a day. Even professional cards aren't designed to run at full load all the time.

However, miner cards were running at the highest possible load 24/7 and in some cases they were overclocked. Our educated guess and some basic mathematics are telling us that these cards might be meeting their maker much sooner than their owners expect."


http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/34405-scrypt-mining-gold-rush-finally-ends


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)

Yeah I got that, but still I buy a card priced like 6000 Swedish Kronor, I should be able to use it 24/7 if I so wish to be honest.

It's not my fault that they cannot make hardware lol smile.gif
post #9676 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathier View Post

Yeah I got that, but still I buy a card priced like 6000 Swedish Kronor, I should be able to use it 24/7 if I so wish to be honest.

It's not my fault that they cannot make hardware lol smile.gif

They can, just not for your needs! wink.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9677 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post


Something is wrong with that card mate! What is your ambient temperature? If its very high so is all the cards components, what is your card idle temp?
OR you have a defective temperature sensor
OR the cooler is not making good contact with the PCB and the VRM section is not being cooled properly

The guys over at GURU3D pointed out the same thing in their review:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_directcu_geforce_gtx_780_ti_oc_review,9.html

"At M1 the VRM area can be spotted, it runs almost 100 Degrees C, this is a fairly high temperature. Make sure you have plenty airflow inside your chassis as that will definitely help."

My ambient is 23c, cooler as the computer is right under the aircon.

What scares me the most is the electrical buzzing at high the temps.(Don't know if you heard it on the vid)
I just played through 2 hours of Thief with adaptive vsync on, VRM never went over 85c, noise was there but unless you knew what to listen for you never would of heard it.
Ruled out the fan, cranked it to 100% and nothing sounded like that.
Tried 3 different High powered power supplies (Seasonic, Corsair, Silencer MKIII), even 2 different ones at the same time to alleviate stress on the ps.
Buzz in the card was there each time at high VRM temps.

No one seems to know what the heck the buzzing is, I've heard the card whine with super high fp3, I can recreate that noise, but the buzzing is different when the VRM's heats up.

Not looking forward to fight with the store I bought it from again, already returned 2 faulty Gigabyte cards (vram artifacting), they tried to say its my machine not stable (Just ran GTX670's in SLi for ages with no problems.)
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9678 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

They can, just not for your needs! wink.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)

Ed my man, I am a temp monitor freak and doing mining my GPU never exceeded 74 degress with 74% fan speed.

- Ram OC = 0 as it makes no difference what so ever, Power adjustment = 0 as it makes no difference, only the core was OC'ed. - I had a profile for mining - So do you not think, it was just a faulty EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB?

If the new one also gets faulty in a matter of a few months I will try to convince them to sent me an Asus Direct CU II instead. - I never had issues with any of the Asus cards and so far I have been the proud owner of a Geforce 560 ti oc top something something direct cu II x 2, Direct CU II 680 TOP & 780 Direct CU II.

So I hope it was just a fluke with the card.

Also, next month as I cannot afford it right now, I will throw that card under a waterblock, that maybe will help it to NOT brake, I am in love with the http://www.coolerkit.se/shop/xspc-razor-gtx-3866p.html though it says Titan on it, but who cares smile.gif

But if you say that this card cannot mine, well then I am probably going to listen as it is so much hassle to be without a real graphic card for weeks - currently running on the integrated 4900 and that suck a lot frown.gif
post #9679 of 16490
Hi
First post here. I have a Gigabyte reference 780 ti and running a custom loop with an ek block.
Flashed the bios the other day and was thinking what's up with latest afterburner?
I could only oc the core to 1201 and after that i started to get lots of artifacting in bnchmarks and games.
Tried few tricks but nothing helped. Then i moved to EVGA precision x and now i can clock to 1350 without any problems.
Core temp stays 40degree celsius but havent checked the vrms yet(going to buy that heatgun today).
Im anxious to try push the card little bit further to benchmark it but i'll check the vrms first with these clocks.
So why is precision x working and afterburner artifacts and crashes the drivers?

Sorry if confusing text.
post #9680 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

The guys over at GURU3D pointed out the same thing in their review:
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_directcu_geforce_gtx_780_ti_oc_review,9.html

"At M1 the VRM area can be spotted, it runs almost 100 Degrees C, this is a fairly high temperature. Make sure you have plenty airflow inside your chassis as that will definitely help."

My ambient is 23c, cooler as the computer is right under the aircon.

What scares me the most is the electrical buzzing at high the temps.(Don't know if you heard it on the vid)
I just played through 2 hours of Thief with adaptive vsync on, VRM never went over 85c, noise was there but unless you knew what to listen for you never would of heard it.
Ruled out the fan, cranked it to 100% and nothing sounded like that.
Tried 3 different High powered power supplies (Seasonic, Corsair, Silencer MKIII), even 2 different ones at the same time to alleviate stress on the ps.
Buzz in the card was there each time at high VRM temps.

No one seems to know what the heck the buzzing is, I've heard the card whine with super high fp3, I can recreate that noise, but the buzzing is different when the VRM's heats up.

Not looking forward to fight with the store I bought it from again, already returned 2 faulty Gigabyte cards (vram artifacting), they tried to say its my machine not stable (Just ran GTX670's in SLi for ages with no problems.)

Try V-sync off! wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathier View Post

Ed my man, I am a temp monitor freak and doing mining my GPU never exceeded 74 degress with 74% fan speed.

- Ram OC = 0 as it makes no difference what so ever, Power adjustment = 0 as it makes no difference, only the core was OC'ed. - I had a profile for mining - So do you not think, it was just a faulty EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked ACX 3GB?

If the new one also gets faulty in a matter of a few months I will try to convince them to sent me an Asus Direct CU II instead. - I never had issues with any of the Asus cards and so far I have been the proud owner of a Geforce 560 ti oc top something something direct cu II x 2, Direct CU II 680 TOP & 780 Direct CU II.

So I hope it was just a fluke with the card.

Also, next month as I cannot afford it right now, I will throw that card under a waterblock, that maybe will help it to NOT brake, I am in love with the http://www.coolerkit.se/shop/xspc-razor-gtx-3866p.html though it says Titan on it, but who cares smile.gif

But if you say that this card cannot mine, well then I am probably going to listen as it is so much hassle to be without a real graphic card for weeks - currently running on the integrated 4900 and that suck a lot frown.gif

All cards can mine, not all handle 24/7 99% GPU load; the Maxwell cores will handle mining much better at lower power, the problem is always the card's power section, weak (Nvidia saving some bucks with low grade VRM modules, for the money they charge for the cards, yes it is low grade)! Or some cheap VRM components that crap out leaving you again with integrated graphics for a while! Its always a gamble (risk-loose-win triangle)! But everything else in life is... Safety is a big utterly preposterous LIE! tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by W3isk View Post

Hi
First post here. I have a Gigabyte reference 780 ti and running a custom loop with an ek block.
Flashed the bios the other day and was thinking what's up with latest afterburner?
I could only oc the core to 1201 and after that i started to get lots of artifacting in bnchmarks and games.
Tried few tricks but nothing helped. Then i moved to EVGA precision x and now i can clock to 1350 without any problems.
Core temp stays 40degree celsius but havent checked the vrms yet(going to buy that heatgun today).
Im anxious to try push the card little bit further to benchmark it but i'll check the vrms first with these clocks.
So why is precision x working and afterburner artifacts and crashes the drivers?

Sorry if confusing text.

AB does not support 780Ti as its a non-reference card for Unwinder (AB creator and developer) Stick to PrecisionX! thumb.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
Edited by OccamRazor - 4/7/14 at 3:03am
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club