Originally Posted by fernlander
So I used the regular MSI 780ti skyn3t BIOS and it works. But I have a weird feeling about the skyn3t MSI Gaming BIOS. Should try it again? I just keep wondering why that BIOS alone is the only one with half the file size of all of the others. Is there a reason for that?
The bios was modded from a stock MSI gaming bios that JohnKimble sent me, so its good! He also failed in the first attempt, re-flashed and it works now!
If you find you are unable to flash after a bad flash do this:
- Shutdown pc remove the PSU power cable
- Remove both 8pin cable from GPU
- Press power button in the rig to discharge the PSU and the rest of power in the circuit board
- Wait about a minute ( two minutes recommended )
- Plug back the PSU power cable
- Do not plug back the twi 8pin power cable to GPU.
- Turn on PC boot into UEFI or Bios and enable IGPU ( GPU integrated in the CPU ) if you don't have extra GPU to put in the first slot exit and save
- Boot into windows and wait just a bit to drivers load
- Open GPU-Z you will see the GPU there but you cannot use it yet because it is only powered by PCI-E only
- Open nvflash and flash back to working bios or vBios and have fun
Originally Posted by z0ki
Is there are newer skyne3t bios for the 780ti classified. I've seen a few people throw around v4 for the 780ti classified but not sure if its new or not
No, the latest bios we have is skyn3t bios rev.2 (evga official fix bios rev)