Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 979

post #9781 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperson1 View Post

Wait so Rev B1 is a rare card?
Do you mean the GK110? All GTX 780 Ti have revision B1.
post #9782 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorma View Post

Hey guys!

I have an EVGA 780 Ti SC, which is now watercooled using an EK block in my custom loop.

I used nvflash to flash my card to the skyn3t bios according to this thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18545210

Now how do I up my voltage to 1.21? GPU-Z shows it as 0.9-0.987ish, and I can't get the version of Afterburner in that guide installed.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!


Welcome to OCN! band.gif

Ok you flashed the bios, next time you can give our tool a go, EZ3flash! its in my SIG and also my flash guide, its really easy to use!
The latest afterburner is beta 19, here: http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/msi_afterburner_beta_download,21.html
Read my OC guide for some pointers: OCCAMRAZOR ADVANCED GK110 OC GUIDE


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9783 of 16481
I do not mine with power level higher than 106/95 target. - As explained by EVGA, I was probably just unlucky and got a bad card. (The first card I was not using Skyn3t bios on).

This one will do much better or I will rma it again. - regarding water: I am currently building a new rig and my plan is, to get this card under water if nothing else, just for the looks of it smile.gif

The store do not really have a choice as I have in writing from EVGA that the card is fully capable of mining as long as I keep my computer clean. - And that I do.

All that stuff with super overclocking and then mining isn't really worth it, I would get around with luck 50-60 khash more and that is just not worth to be without a card for a few weeks again for that little thumb.gif


However, I have no doubt as Ed wrote earlier, that they have saved in cash on the cooling of the vram and that is probably why these cards do not even have a sensor.
post #9784 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathier View Post

I do not mine with power level higher than 106/95 target. - As explained by EVGA, I was probably just unlucky and got a bad card. (The first card I was not using Skyn3t bios on).

This one will do much better or I will rma it again. - regarding water: I am currently building a new rig and my plan is, to get this card under water if nothing else, just for the looks of it smile.gif

The store do not really have a choice as I have in writing from EVGA that the card is fully capable of mining as long as I keep my computer clean. - And that I do.

All that stuff with super overclocking and then mining isn't really worth it, I would get around with luck 50-60 khash more and that is just not worth to be without a card for a few weeks again for that little thumb.gif


However, I have no doubt as Ed wrote earlier, that they have saved in cash on the cooling of the vram VRM´s and that is probably why these cards do not even have a sensor.

True, for a couple more $ they could have a much better power section, but in their point of view ($$$), and the way they designed the cards these are fine! thumb.gif
Edited by OccamRazor - 4/9/14 at 6:26pm
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9785 of 16481
So, I was trying to overclock using Afterburner after doing the overvolt mod. At one point my benchmark crashed while testing for stability (1264 mhz core, 1.325V), and now whenever I try to restart I get an immediate BSOD (SYTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) on boot. Right after the boot logo but before I even get to the login screen.

The kicker is that this only happens when I have official nVidia drivers installed. It does not happen without the nVidia drivers....without them it boots just fine. When I install the nVidia drivers, I get the BSOD on startup =(

I've tried uninstalling and reisntalling a million times, and have restored my stock BIOS...nada :/
post #9786 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorma View Post

So, I was trying to overclock using Afterburner after doing the overvolt mod. At one point my benchmark crashed while testing for stability (1264 mhz core, 1.325V), and now whenever I try to restart I get an immediate BSOD (SYTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) on boot. Right after the boot logo but before I even get to the login screen.

The kicker is that this only happens when I have official nVidia drivers installed. It does not happen without the nVidia drivers....without them it boots just fine. When I install the nVidia drivers, I get the BSOD on startup =(

I've tried uninstalling and reisntalling a million times, and have restored my stock BIOS...nada :/

You need to do a clean uninstall using this method:

BradleyW's Uninstall Guide for Nvidia

There are drivers embedded deep that regular uninstallers can't or won't remove.

Once you remove all drivers, you should be able to re-install with no issues (fingers crossed)!
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
Equinox
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4790k Asus Z97I-Plus Galaxy 780 Ti HOF Edition Kingston Hyper X Fury 16 GB 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial MX100 512 GB Corsair H55 dual fan (CPU) NZXT G10 Corsair H55 (GPU) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro SP1 Asus PB278Q DK-9087 MX Red White Leds Seasonic 660X 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G400S Razer Sphex Fiio E17 / E9K 
AudioAudio
Fidelio X2 HE-400i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9787 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorma View Post

So, I was trying to overclock using Afterburner after doing the overvolt mod. At one point my benchmark crashed while testing for stability (1264 mhz core, 1.325V), and now whenever I try to restart I get an immediate BSOD (SYTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) on boot. Right after the boot logo but before I even get to the login screen.

The kicker is that this only happens when I have official nVidia drivers installed. It does not happen without the nVidia drivers....without them it boots just fine. When I install the nVidia drivers, I get the BSOD on startup =(

I've tried uninstalling and reisntalling a million times, and have restored my stock BIOS...nada :/

The volt mod doesn't work with 780Ti, its only for the 780/Titan! Only by hardmodding the 780Ti by soldering a resistance (loose warranty) to increase voltage beyond 1,212V

  1. Uninstall AB and PrecisionX or any other OC software, delete their folders inside program files (x86)
  2. Use DDU to clean completely any nvidia driver leftovers: http://www.guru3d.com/files_get/display_driver_uninstaller_download,9.html
  3. Install the latest display drivers: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_337_50_beta_download.html
  4. install your favorite OC software and have fun! thumb.gif

This should restore your sanity and stop the BSOD´s! tongue.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9788 of 16481
Thanks! I didn't know. So, for the 780 Ti, what BIOS should I use and what method should I go with for overclocking? I want to get the most out of it @ 1.212V!

Even after flashing skyn3t's BIOS I was not able to get 1.212, I was seeing 0.900-987 in GPU-Z. Any ideas?

I ended up formatting and re-installing Windows, after flashing my stock BIOS back to the card. I'd love some guidance on how to do a clean overclock/overvolt now if anyone can provide me with one!

Thanks again for all the help. My setup is an EVGA 780 Ti SC w/ EK Clean CSQ block (full card block) in a custom loop.

Edit: I was using this guide that seems to imply 1.3V+ is possible on the 780 Ti?
Edited by victorma - 4/9/14 at 8:39pm
post #9789 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorma View Post

Thanks! I didn't know. So, for the 780 Ti, what BIOS should I use and what method should I go with for overclocking? I want to get the most out of it @ 1.212V!

Even after flashing skyn3t's BIOS I was not able to get 1.212, I was seeing 0.900-987 in GPU-Z. Any ideas?

I ended up formatting and re-installing Windows, after flashing my stock BIOS back to the card. I'd love some guidance on how to do a clean overclock/overvolt now if anyone can provide me with one!

Thanks again for all the help. My setup is an EVGA 780 Ti SC w/ EK Clean CSQ block (full card block) in a custom loop.

Edit: I was using this guide that seems to imply 1.3V+ is possible on the 780 Ti?

No ,the top voltage i have seen working with a 780Ti with the volt mod was 1,24V and still some reboots and freezes happened, only a hand full had it working above 1,212V!
Read my guide for some pointers, disregard any voltage mods, tools or LLC hacks , as they are only for 780/Titan!

OCCAMRAZOR ADVANCED GK110 OC GUIDE

In my SIG you also have EZ3flash to easily flash your cards and my flashing guide too!
Also you have a link in my SIG, to fill your SIG with your RIG! It helps us to help you! thumb.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9790 of 16481
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

No ,the top voltage i have seen working with a 780Ti with the volt mod was 1,24V and still some reboots and freezes happened, only a hand full had it working above 1,212V!
Read my guide for some pointers, disregard any voltage mods, tools or LLC hacks , as they are only for 780/Titan!

OCCAMRAZOR ADVANCED GK110 OC GUIDE

In my SIG you also have EZ3flash to easily flash your cards and my flashing guide too!
Also you have a link in my SIG, to fill your SIG with your RIG! It helps us to help you! thumb.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)

Thanks!

It seems as if even though I am using the modded BIOS and have 1.212 voltage set in Afterburner, my voltage won't go past 1.075. Any ideas, or am I reading this wrong?

http://imgur.com/FoQklts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club