Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club - Page 988

post #9871 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

Don't suppose you have a link to where it is posted in this monster thread? I saw it before but forgot to save it redface.gif. I now have my card out of the loop and would like to go ahead w/ the vmod.



As for Asus RMAs, the RMA of my Z9PE-D8 WS was one of the most painless RMAs I have. Besides OCZ I have never had a better quicker experience.

Here is the link to the thread @doctakedooty started for it http://www.overclock.net/t/1478066/nvidia-gtx-780ti-hard-volt-mod#post_22048873

Enjoy.
post #9872 of 16490
Hello everyone. Sorry for my english. I am writing through a translator, sorry.
I Have ASUS GTX 780 TI DirectCU II
Yesterday, I downloaded the ASUS GPU Tweak.
The program proposed to update VGA BIOS.
To which I agreed.
After reboot, black screen.
A few hours later, I was able to "run" the video card.
But artifacts.
Please. People.
Who has the ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II, upload stock bios PLEASE.
I tried to flash the BIOS 3.
Here is their version (not one did not work)
But I found in the program folder with ASUS GPU Tweak, file
FlashBIOS1.txt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.128)

Adapter: GK1xx (10DE,100A,1043,849E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (C8,4012) : GD GD25Q20 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Erasing EEPROM...
EEPROM erase completed.
FlashBIOS2.txt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.128)

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GK1xx (10DE,100A,1043,849E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

Firmware Image Version:80.80.34.00.10 ID:10DE:100A:1043:849E
GK110B Board - 20830030 (Normal Board)

I tried 2 bios from the site http://www.techpowerup.tsom
Does not work: (

Please help, you're my only hope.



mad.gif
post #9873 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0m0t0s View Post

Hello everyone. Sorry for my english. I am writing through a translator, sorry.
I Have ASUS GTX 780 TI DirectCU II
Yesterday, I downloaded the ASUS GPU Tweak.
The program proposed to update VGA BIOS.
To which I agreed.
After reboot, black screen.
A few hours later, I was able to "run" the video card.
But artifacts.
Please. People.
Who has the ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II, upload stock bios PLEASE.
I tried to flash the BIOS 3.
Here is their version (not one did not work)
But I found in the program folder with ASUS GPU Tweak, file
FlashBIOS1.txt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.128)

Adapter: GK1xx (10DE,100A,1043,849E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (C8,4012) : GD GD25Q20 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Erasing EEPROM...
EEPROM erase completed.
FlashBIOS2.txt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.128)

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GK1xx (10DE,100A,1043,849E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

Firmware Image Version:80.80.34.00.10 ID:10DE:100A:1043:849E
GK110B Board - 20830030 (Normal Board)

I tried 2 bios from the site http://www.techpowerup.tsom
Does not work: (

Please help, you're my only hope.



mad.gif

If the program what I highly doubt, suggested you to update bios and you now have artifacts, there is something wrong with the card.

Please RMA it.

If you on the other hand yourself decided to throw a bios on it, well then the card might not be faulty and not worth to RMA as it will work fine with ordinary bios.

Unfortunately this is the first gen I skipped the Direct CU II, so I do not have the BIOS you need. - I can advice you to PM OccamRazor as he might be able to assist you.

Good luck with it.
post #9874 of 16490
Did you overclock the card at all?

I've just returned this exact card due to stupidly high VRM temps (112c+ at times.)

The 2 BIOS files I had backed up here from my card are the same that you already got, so they aren't going to help you

To me it looks like the card has crapped itself.

Oh on another note.

With the Galaxy GTX780ti HOF and HOF+ it seems the BIOS's are cross flashable.

I just did a BIOS cross flash, now running HOF+ BIOS
When it went to flash it compares board ID's, they were identical.

Checking out the BIOS's in Kepler Bios Tweaker they only thing I could spot different was the clock speed.
But again I'm not expert like skyn3t, he'd know more.
Edited by schoolofmonkey - 4/11/14 at 7:25pm
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9875 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

Did you overclock the card at all?
I overclocked cards as proposed ASUS GPU Tweak for GAMES
Then I saw the "BIOS update".
I clicked.
My bios helpful **** AS01
Offered to upgrade to **** AS02
Then reboot - black screen ... and all the other woes.

You can read more about the HOF + BIOS .... Flash BIOS ...
I do not understand sorry. Maybe there is an instruction?
post #9876 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0m0t0s View Post


You can read more about the HOF + BIOS .... Flash BIOS ...
I do not understand sorry. Maybe there is an instruction?

This about a different card, didn't want to make 2 posts.
Sorry.
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
7820x TUF
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7820x Asus x299 TUF Mark 1 Asus GTX1080ti Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M4B3200C16 32GB (... 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H1150i Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU Corsair HX850i 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9877 of 16490
Ha ha - like I said before, if you have just followed instructions provided by Asus software, you need to RMA the card.

Good luck with it mate.
post #9878 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post

Did you overclock the card at all?

I've just returned this exact card due to stupidly high VRM temps (112c+ at times.)

The 2 BIOS files I had backed up here from my card are the same that you already got, so they aren't going to help you

To me it looks like the card has crapped itself.

Oh on another note.

With the Galaxy GTX780ti HOF and HOF+ it seems the BIOS's are cross flashable.

I just did a BIOS cross flash, now running HOF+ BIOS
When it went to flash it compares board ID's, they were identical.

Checking out the BIOS's in Kepler Bios Tweaker they only thing I could spot different was the clock speed.
But again I'm not expert like skyn3t, he'd know more.

The BIOS'es might be the same, but the power delivery section on the HOF+ is supposed to be way different........
post #9879 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0m0t0s View Post

Hello everyone. Sorry for my english. I am writing through a translator, sorry.
I Have ASUS GTX 780 TI DirectCU II
Yesterday, I downloaded the ASUS GPU Tweak.
The program proposed to update VGA BIOS.
To which I agreed.
After reboot, black screen.
A few hours later, I was able to "run" the video card.
But artifacts.
Please. People.
Who has the ASUS GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II, upload stock bios PLEASE.
I tried to flash the BIOS 3.
Here is their version (not one did not work)
But I found in the program folder with ASUS GPU Tweak, file
FlashBIOS1.txt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.128)

Adapter: GK1xx (10DE,100A,1043,849E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device.

Identifying EEPROM...
EEPROM ID (C8,4012) : GD GD25Q20 2.7-3.6V 2048Kx1S, page
Erasing EEPROM...
EEPROM erase completed.
FlashBIOS2.txt Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.128)

Checking for matches between display adapter(s) and image(s)...

Adapter: GK1xx (10DE,100A,1043,849E) H:--:NRM B:01,PCI,D:00,F:00

Firmware Image Version:80.80.34.00.10 ID:10DE:100A:1043:849E
GK110B Board - 20830030 (Normal Board)

I tried 2 bios from the site http://www.techpowerup.tsom
Does not work: (

Please help, you're my only hope. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


mad.gif

Flash it with techpowerup bios: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/150219/Asus.GTX780Ti.3072.131126.rom and update it with ASUS GPU Tweak again as it could be a bad flash! Report back! thumb.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
S.S.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-3570K@5.0Ghz@1,4v ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 16GB GSKILL RIPJAW X DDR3 1866MHZ (9-10-9-24) (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 120GB + Toshiba A100 250GB Western Digital 2TB  Homemade WC (everything on water) ;) W10x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE ASUS VG278HE Silverstone Strider 1200W 
CaseAudio
Corsair 500R THX 500W 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9880 of 16490
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamRazor View Post

Flash it with techpowerup bios: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/150219/Asus.GTX780Ti.3072.131126.rom and update it with ASUS GPU Tweak again as it could be a bad flash! Report back! thumb.gif


Cheers

Ed

(Team skyn3t)

Does not work.
ASUS GPO TWEAK does not start (complains Driver VGA)
Give me your STOCK bios please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti Owner's Club