Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Help with budget office rig UPDATE INTEL vs. AMD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help with budget office rig UPDATE INTEL vs. AMD - Page 4

post #31 of 42
Hey

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVeNtOr View Post

oh, this isn't my money i'm playing with..... i do understand about the AMD. since i don't know much about it i did read almost every review on that 8350/8320 and every complain came down to 3 topics, too hot for itx build (which you know that's what i'm building), not as good at computing compared to intel, and most said they wished they would have spent more for the intel.
now, i'm not a fanboy or anything like that. i'm trying to build something that will last 7+ years in a setting that has been destroying PC's. i have no idea about the alamode program but from what i understand, since they do so much with it, programs, and Internet web pages (pulling data from them) the PC's that have been used in there just can't keep up. in fact there is a brand new dell quad core that simply lags when trying to access ALL of the data.
if i were gaming and i had access to this pc, sure, the AMD would be a great choice. i'm located in OK and this will be shipped to CA where it will simply sit until it just doesn't work anymore. i won't even be able to upgrade ram if needed. the last cpu lasted just fine and actually out preformed all the newer Dell's in the office (it was a single core), it came down to the graphics card just not being able to keep up with win7 and the other media. all i'm trying to say is, i can't change or upgrade or tweek this once it leaves my hands. even though the intel will be a few hundred (total) more, i think it will be worth in in the long run. i would eat up that savings a bit in cooling if i were to actually go with the AMD chip.
i really do thank you for your input. i didn't take it lightly.
thanks again.

Umm, I never recommened an 8350 for you..... that's also overkill.
What I recommended was one of the richland APUs which are a different architecture then the 8350, 8350s also known as piledrivers are for gaming and heavy multitasking
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 42
Thread Starter 
i gave you a Rep point because u earned it. holly cow man, talk about informing a complete noob. cpt danko pointed it out earlier about the AMD side, but now i'm thinking of not going on the small side and possibly that route. what keeps me away from it is the "heat" issue and i want to build a good air machine. if i am understanding you correctly, you are saying the AMD (in my specific application) might handle the workload better. if i go with an Independent GPU then the cpu won't work as hard and share the system ram. it's funny you mentioned the 7750 because that's the exact video card i installed in the first computer (it was recommended because it could support 3 monitors). you have given me a lot to think about and consider. thanks for putting that together.
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVeNtOr View Post

i gave you a Rep point because u earned it. holly cow man, talk about informing a complete noob. cpt danko pointed it out earlier about the AMD side, but now i'm thinking of not going on the small side and possibly that route. what keeps me away from it is the "heat" issue and i want to build a good air machine. if i am understanding you correctly, you are saying the AMD (in my specific application) might handle the workload better. if i go with an Independent GPU then the cpu won't work as hard and share the system ram. it's funny you mentioned the 7750 because that's the exact video card i installed in the first computer (it was recommended because it could support 3 monitors). you have given me a lot to think about and consider. thanks for putting that together.
Just compare the prices, your wallet will thank you
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 42
Thread Starter 
all right! all right! all right! i think i have something really close! so now i understand the difference between AMD and Intel and the pro's and con's.
so here is my new two lists, one AMD ATX build and the other Intel ATX build. i would like to make sure that i have equal parts across the board. i want the MB's to have equal specs and of course not be more than i need. ultimate goal is to OC both of them, but not far enough i have to mess with volts. the OC has to be super rock solid, i'll do a 24hr stress stress to confirm.
a few note's first.....

cpu cooler, they are the same, but if the hotter AMD needs something "better" please bring that up. it goes into the final cost and determines which build i'll go with.
case:, it's the same case i went with on the last build. this way it looks more professional that both towers are identical. also, i really like it and i know it works very well.
psu:, right now i have the SSR-450rm because i'm not too sure what i actually need. an itx build i had set up i chose the SSR-360GP because it didn't have a GPU. i'm not too set up on the name, i have used it before and have had great success, but if there is something better and cheaper, i'll good with changing it out. one stipulation, i want it to be at least modular. i don't really want to tie all the extra cables up. however, if it's cheap enough and that much better, i can get over it.
optical drive, it's the cheapest one. simple and easy. i also like Lite-on and have used them on all my builds.
ssd, i know i'm going to take some heat on the fact that it's only 120GB, but the other irg doing the same just has a ton of extra space available. any and all data they need is on the server. i had a random thought though, i could put the same ssd in this one as the other rig. VTX4-25SAT3-128G. i'm not sure if it's a better drive though. since this HD isn't really storing data that needs to be accesses, i'm looking for a drive that will boot up windows faster. (i also some MB's that say they do that, not sure if they are a wise option).
ram:, i looked for a good cheap option. it seems like the cheapest lowest cas option newegg had. if there is a recommended brand that matches what ever mb board that best, then i'll go that way. hopefully the cost won't be that much more.
gpu:, all i am looking for here is a 7750. that's the same in the other rig and probably more than needed. the other gpu i used i don't see anymore but it was by XFX pn#FX-775A-ZDP4. honestly i was looking for the cheapest, but best option that made the most sense.

what the builds will have in common:

*CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO $35.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

*CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 550D $99 (119.99- $20 REBATE)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139012

*PSU: SeaSonic SSR-450RM $80.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151124

*OPTICAL DRIVE: LITE-ON DVD Burner iHAS124-04 $15
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E16827106289

*SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO $99.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147247

*RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB $139.99 1.5v
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220734

*GPU: PowerColor AX7750 $59.99 (89.99 - $30 REBATE)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131461


AMD CPU/MB
CPU: fx-8320 $160.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285
(i assume i can OC this past what the FX-8350 is and hopefully much more).

MB: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 $105
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
(i hope i got the numerical order is correct and the 990 is better than the 970)

INTEL CPU/MB
CPU: i7 4770k $339.99 (can OC)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901
(pretty much the only inter version that has HTT and i can OC, so the choice makes it self)

MB: MSI Z87-G43 $138.98
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130694
(this was suggested to me, seems logical. i just don't know if this intel board is in the same class as the AMD).
Edited by InVeNtOr - 11/11/13 at 6:36pm
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVeNtOr View Post

all right! all right! all right! i think i have something really close! so now i understand the difference between AMD and Intel and the pro's and con's.
so here is my new two lists, one AMD ATX build and the other Intel ATX build. i would like to make sure that i have equal parts across the board. i want the MB's to have equal specs and of course not be more than i need. ultimate goal is to OC both of them, but not far enough i have to mess with volts. the OC has to be super rock solid, i'll do a 24hr stress stress to confirm.
a few note's first.....

cpu cooler, they are the same, but if the hotter AMD needs something "better" please bring that up. it goes into the final cost and determines which build i'll go with.
case:, it's the same case i went with on the last build. this way it looks more professional that both towers are identical. also, i really like it and i know it works very well.
psu:, right now i have the SSR-450rm because i'm not too sure what i actually need. an itx build i had set up i chose the SSR-360GP because it didn't have a GPU. i'm not too set up on the name, i have used it before and have had great success, but if there is something better and cheaper, i'll good with changing it out. one stipulation, i want it to be at least modular. i don't really want to tie all the extra cables up. however, if it's cheap enough and that much better, i can get over it.
optical drive, it's the cheapest one. simple and easy. i also like Lite-on and have used them on all my builds.
ssd, i know i'm going to take some heat on the fact that it's only 120GB, but the other irg doing the same just has a ton of extra space available. any and all data they need is on the server. i had a random thought though, i could put the same ssd in this one as the other rig. VTX4-25SAT3-128G. i'm not sure if it's a better drive though. since this HD isn't really storing data that needs to be accesses, i'm looking for a drive that will boot up windows faster. (i also some MB's that say they do that, not sure if they are a wise option).
ram:, i looked for a good cheap option. it seems like the cheapest lowest cas option newegg had. if there is a recommended brand that matches what ever mb board that best, then i'll go that way. hopefully the cost won't be that much more.
gpu:, all i am looking for here is a 7750. that's the same in the other rig and probably more than needed. the other gpu i used i don't see anymore but it was by XFX pn#FX-775A-ZDP4. honestly i was looking for the cheapest, but best option that made the most sense.

what the builds will have in common:

*CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO $35.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

*CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 550D $99 (119.99- $20 REBATE)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139012

*PSU: SeaSonic SSR-450RM $80.98
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151124

*OPTICAL DRIVE: LITE-ON DVD Burner iHAS124-04 $15
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspxItem=N82E16827106289

*SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO $99.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147247

*RAM: Patriot Viper 3 16GB $139.99 1.5v
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220734

*GPU: PowerColor AX7750 $59.99 (89.99 - $30 REBATE)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131461


AMD CPU/MB
CPU: fx-8320 $160.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113285
(i assume i can OC this past what the FX-8350 is and hopefully much more).

MB: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 $105
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
(i hope i got the numerical order is correct and the 990 is better than the 970)

INTEL CPU/MB
CPU: i7 4770k $339.99 (can OC)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116901
(pretty much the only inter version that has HTT and i can OC, so the choice makes it self)

MB: MSI Z87-G43 $138.98
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130694
(this was suggested to me, seems logical. i just don't know if this intel board is in the same class as the AMD).

8320 is also overkill, trust me get a richland based APU, you wont need another video card and with the money you save you can get a bigger SSD as well as any other part you see fit.
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 42
Thread Starter 
well, if the 8320 is Overkill, then i am on the right track. my goal is to make this "super stupid overkill." you do bring up a good point. if the graphics on the 8320 are that good (and you believe they will stand the test of time) and i don't need the GPU, then please explain a little. from what i understand (now) the intel graphics are good, but over time will drastically hinder this rig. maybe in two or 3 years i'll have to buy one if i don't install one now. i do have a question conserning that though, i thought the ATX MB didn't support on board graphics? i thought i would have to go with an ITX board? i won't lie, i get super confused over the board options. i still think the only board to buy is the one with the FSB of 2600. the partial reason for adding a GPU was so the cpu didn't have to share ram, which i thought was the most important on this build (however i could be totally wrong).
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by InVeNtOr View Post

well, if the 8320 is Overkill, then i am on the right track. my goal is to make this "super stupid overkill." you do bring up a good point. if the graphics on the 8320 are that good (and you believe they will stand the test of time) and i don't need the GPU, then please explain a little. from what i understand (now) the intel graphics are good, but over time will drastically hinder this rig. maybe in two or 3 years i'll have to buy one if i don't install one now. i do have a question conserning that though, i thought the ATX MB didn't support on board graphics? i thought i would have to go with an ITX board? i won't lie, i get super confused over the board options. i still think the only board to buy is the one with the FSB of 2600. the partial reason for adding a GPU was so the cpu didn't have to share ram, which i thought was the most important on this build (however i could be totally wrong).

8320 is not an APU it doesn't have integrated graphics, you would need a dedicated video card.

BUt hey if you want overkill, be my guest. All I can tell you is that for normal office work nothing is going to take advantage of those 8 cores which is why I still insisit on an APU with higher clock speed and fewer cores. smile.gif
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
My AMD pwnage
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8350 Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 Sapphire 7950@ 1080/1370 Replacing RAM soon 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 500GB WD Blue Generic iHAS120 ATAPI DVD-RW Cooler Master Eisberg 120L Prestige  
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Win 8.1 Enterprise x64 Trial version Linux Mint 15 MATE in Virtualbox Sony E540 CRT 21" Logitech G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
TT ToughPower 775W TT Dokker Razer Deathadder Rocketfish 
AudioOther
Asus Xonar D2 Fan controller for FM121s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 42
OCed builds should be used by the person who has performed the OC so that adjustments can be made over time to maintain stability.

You may come up with a stable OC for a short term application, but there is no way to ensure that it will remain stable in the long haul (years!) as things change around that OC that you won't be there to control. Like the day the AC in the building stops working, or when the HSF gets a bit of dust on it. The only settings that have a high probability of offering long-term stable operation without constant attention are the stock settings. Unless you have specific plans to be working in this office, then you are setting up the office for potential lost business by OCing and then leaving these machines.

I would comment on the hardware choices but I believe it's moot as this unprofessional approach to OCing business machines is the elephant in the room right now.

I maintain that the E3-1230 V2 or V3 offers this build the best performance in the widest possible number of scenarios without any "wasted" funds going towards the iGPU or "K."
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 990X EVO R2.0 Sparkle GTX460 768MB ballistix tactical 2 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiiba THNSNH 256GB Enterprise RE3 1TB Asus BD combo drive Artic A30 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Manjaro Linux Samsung 21.5" LCD E2009WFP E2009WFP 
PowerCase
Seasonic G 550W Modular Fractal Design Core 3500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300, 4.7 GHZ@1.43V GA-970A-UD3P GTX 460 768MB Mixed DIMMs. 2x4GB + 2x8GB @ 1600-8-8-8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba THNSNH 19nm 256GB 1TB Spinpoint F3 WD RE3 1TB WD RE3 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
yes CM Seidon 120V SolydK OpenSuse 13.1 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 9-32 bit // Linux Mint 17-64 bit  Manjaro Xfce Samsung 21.5" HannsG 21.5" sideways! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sticky ATNG Rosewill Green 630W NZXT Gamma Basic Microsoft corded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k 4.8GHZ @ 1.375V, 1.2GHZ iGPU Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI HD8670D Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ST1000DM003 Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Zalman CNPS5X Linux Mint 15 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS224V-PN Logitec K360 FSP 400W Aurum S 80+ gold Prodigy 
Mouse
logitec M235 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 990X EVO R2.0 Sparkle GTX460 768MB ballistix tactical 2 x 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Toshiiba THNSNH 256GB Enterprise RE3 1TB Asus BD combo drive Artic A30 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Manjaro Linux Samsung 21.5" LCD E2009WFP E2009WFP 
PowerCase
Seasonic G 550W Modular Fractal Design Core 3500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6300, 4.7 GHZ@1.43V GA-970A-UD3P GTX 460 768MB Mixed DIMMs. 2x4GB + 2x8GB @ 1600-8-8-8 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Toshiba THNSNH 19nm 256GB 1TB Spinpoint F3 WD RE3 1TB WD RE3 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
yes CM Seidon 120V SolydK OpenSuse 13.1 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Linux Mint 9-32 bit // Linux Mint 17-64 bit  Manjaro Xfce Samsung 21.5" HannsG 21.5" sideways! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sticky ATNG Rosewill Green 630W NZXT Gamma Basic Microsoft corded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A10-6800k 4.8GHZ @ 1.375V, 1.2GHZ iGPU Gigabyte GA-F2A85XN-WIFI HD8670D Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate ST1000DM003 Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Zalman CNPS5X Linux Mint 15 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS224V-PN Logitec K360 FSP 400W Aurum S 80+ gold Prodigy 
Mouse
logitec M235 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 42
Thread Starter 
how does the graphics in the AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz compare to a 7750 card?
looking at options.....there seems to be 1 ITX board that supports A-series APU, MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130662). i could go back to the ITX case i picked out, it's the same price as the Corsair 550D, so it wouldn't effect the final price. this ATX version seemed to be the best (yeah, like i really know) ASRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157457).
so here are the concerns, how much "computing" power will i lose if i use the integrated graphics? will the hyper 212 be able to keep this hot sucker cool? (i have only seen one post with those 2 and they said it worked "just fine." what PSU will now be a best fit? if i go with no gpu but then plan on adding one in lets say 3 years, i need to make sure my psu can handle it. this says it can do duel graphics, what would be a good card to pair with it?
like i said eariler, there is so many options, i'm just trying to figure out whats going to be the best value, best performance, and most longevity. capt danko, you do have a point about how cheap amd is, that chip, itx board, and possibly getting a lower watt psu, plus no gpu, this build just go super cheap. however, i do want something that will kick the living crap out of that alamode program and be a multitasker beast!
mdocod, as we discussed earlier, the E3, chip, is there a preferred board for ATX? if i go micro, i won't go with the one board i chose early on. i'll skip the wifi and BT. dad simply can't use it right now. if he does, i'll order him an add-on card. not sure, but did we speak about still adding an GPU with the E3 because the intel graphics may not last the test of time? i could go with an option to not install a gpu now, but have the correct psu, then in a few years add a gpu to support the system.
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
gets me by
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 170 (UP) LP NF4 Series NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 G.skill 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.skill G.skill G.skill Corsair Force GT  
OSOS
win 7 64bit win xp 32 bit 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Help with budget office rig UPDATE INTEL vs. AMD