Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge E Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ivy Bridge E Owners Club - Page 43

post #421 of 2792
ugh i guess i got an average 4930k, 4.5ghz 1.397v, still working on 4.6 but so far taking 1.47v peak avg 1.44v
X79-Deluxe
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k X79-deluxe 760Gtx 760Gtx 
RAMCoolingOSCase
Corsair Vengeance H2O Win 8.1 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-Deluxe
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k X79-deluxe 760Gtx 760Gtx 
RAMCoolingOSCase
Corsair Vengeance H2O Win 8.1 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #422 of 2792
Pleas help!


Got my 4930k, ASUS p9x79, 4x4GB corsair vengeance, seagate 750, and Fractal R4 , Evo 212 cooler


I think my temps are crazy hot. Ill post a shot but I'm getting temps in the high 70's at stock settings when running prime95. That's not right is it?

Ive read lots of 4930k forums and everyone seems to be getting relatively low temps, even when clocking fairly high.Or else they have super low temps at stock, not me and I don't know why. Im 35-40 at stock and 70-80 at full load.

I was just running some baseline test before clocking and realized my temps were super high. I tried some clocking based on settings from the 3 part P9x79 guide ASUS released on youtube and I can get in to windows and run p95 with lots of configurations up to 4.5GH but the temps are in the mid to high 80s and I've never had the voltage past 1.3.

But, what really worries me is the temps at stock. I know the evo 212 is no more than a decent cooler, am I
expecting to much? People seem to want to keep their temps under 70 for the most part. I cant even run 100% stock under 70.

Also, its an issue for me as this will be a rendering machine so it will be at 100% on all cores for hours at at time regularly.

Can someone please give me some idea if these temps are normal on not? I feel concerned at this point, is that dumb. I was hoping to clock it up a bit, now I'm worried about stock temps.



post #423 of 2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat81 View Post

Pleas help!


Got my 4930k, ASUS p9x79, 4x4GB corsair vengeance, seagate 750, and Fractal R4 , Evo 212 cooler


I think my temps are crazy hot. Ill post a shot but I'm getting temps in the high 70's at stock settings when running prime95. That's not right is it?

Ive read lots of 4930k forums and everyone seems to be getting relatively low temps, even when clocking fairly high.Or else they have super low temps at stock, not me and I don't know why. Im 35-40 at stock and 70-80 at full load.

I was just running some baseline test before clocking and realized my temps were super high. I tried some clocking based on settings from the 3 part P9x79 guide ASUS released on youtube and I can get in to windows and run p95 with lots of configurations up to 4.5GH but the temps are in the mid to high 80s and I've never had the voltage past 1.3.

But, what really worries me is the temps at stock. I know the evo 212 is no more than a decent cooler, am I
expecting to much? People seem to want to keep their temps under 70 for the most part. I cant even run 100% stock under 70.

Also, its an issue for me as this will be a rendering machine so it will be at 100% on all cores for hours at at time regularly.

Can someone please give me some idea if these temps are normal on not? I feel concerned at this point, is that dumb. I was hoping to clock it up a bit, now I'm worried about stock temps.



I'd go with a nice 4.2GHz-4.3GHz with low voltage with that cooler.
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 - 3960X GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2 X79 EVGA GTX 780 EVGA GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Intel 520 240GB SSD LG Blu Ray Writer H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro ASUS PB278Q 1440p Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 - 3960X GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2 X79 EVGA GTX 780 EVGA GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Intel 520 240GB SSD LG Blu Ray Writer H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro ASUS PB278Q 1440p Corsair K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 
CaseAudio
Corsair 800D Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #424 of 2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtbster View Post

ugh i guess i got an average 4930k, 4.5ghz 1.397v, still working on 4.6 but so far taking 1.47v peak avg 1.44v

Thats to high stay on 4,5GHz@1,397V and all is fine for 24/7.
post #425 of 2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by MehlstaubtheCat View Post

Thats to high stay on 4,5GHz@1,397V and all is fine for 24/7.

awww shucks, each time i do an upgrade ive always strived to go up a notch in Ghz, from my q6600 @ 4.0 => 3570k 4.3ghz => 3770k 4.5ghz => 4930k 4.5ghz frown.gif stalemate)
X79-Deluxe
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k X79-deluxe 760Gtx 760Gtx 
RAMCoolingOSCase
Corsair Vengeance H2O Win 8.1 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-Deluxe
(8 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k X79-deluxe 760Gtx 760Gtx 
RAMCoolingOSCase
Corsair Vengeance H2O Win 8.1 Phanteks Enthoo Primo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #426 of 2792
Quote:
Originally Posted by MehlstaubtheCat View Post


Thats to high stay on 4,5GHz@1,397V and all is fine for 24/7.

Stop telling people 1.4 is too much anything less then 1.5 is fine 

post #427 of 2792
You are telling wrong thinks !

17010979kn.jpg

The degrestion is to high if a chip get 1,5 for 24/7 it will die in under one year.

Don´t tell stupid voltages !

1,3 under air
1,4 under water
1,5 SS <30°C

If somebody wants to kill his CPU fast as possilbe 1,5V is the best way to nirvana !
Edited by MehlstaubtheCat - 1/10/14 at 3:04am
post #428 of 2792
Hey guys, what's the preferred method for testing stability on a 4930k...prime 95 or aida64?
Password Cracker
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4930K RAMPAGE IV EXTREME R9 290 R9 290 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 290 R9 290 G.Skill samsung 840 PRO 256 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
crucial m4  WD black 1TB WD blue 1TB WD black 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD GREEN 4TB Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 PRO ASUS PB287Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Ozone Strike Pro Corsair AX1200i Corsair 750d Cosair TX850M 
  hide details  
Reply
Password Cracker
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-4930K RAMPAGE IV EXTREME R9 290 R9 290 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
R9 290 R9 290 G.Skill samsung 840 PRO 256 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
crucial m4  WD black 1TB WD blue 1TB WD black 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD GREEN 4TB Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 PRO ASUS PB287Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Ozone Strike Pro Corsair AX1200i Corsair 750d Cosair TX850M 
  hide details  
Reply
post #429 of 2792
I use both and Intelburn test
REAPER
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4960X 4.5ghz RAMPAGE IV BLACK Edition EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz Intel 520 ASUS BluRay 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee HD Aquacomputer Aqualis XT Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Quad 480mm RAD Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480mm RAD 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 PRO ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70  Corsair AX1500i Corsair 900D Cyborg RAT 7 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corepad DeskPad XXXXXL BOSE Companion 5 Audio-Technia ATH M50 Audio-Technia AT2020 USB microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
REAPER
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 4960X 4.5ghz RAMPAGE IV BLACK Edition EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
EVGA GeForce Titan Hydro Copper 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133mhz Intel 520 ASUS BluRay 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee HD Aquacomputer Aqualis XT Alphacool NexXxos Monsta Quad 480mm RAD Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480mm RAD 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 8 PRO ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q ROG Swift PG278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance K70  Corsair AX1500i Corsair 900D Cyborg RAT 7 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Corepad DeskPad XXXXXL BOSE Companion 5 Audio-Technia ATH M50 Audio-Technia AT2020 USB microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #430 of 2792
Prime 95 64bit Version " Blend " test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge E Owners Club