Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › best 27 inch 1440p monitor
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best 27 inch 1440p monitor - Page 3

post #21 of 28
I am also trying to determine what monitor to buy, don't want a korean monitor at all.

I've been researching the Asus PB278Q a lot. Haven't checked out samsung to much, but the bezel and stand seems legit. I really like the brushed aluminum look.

So Samsung 971D or PB278Q?
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by v639dragoon View Post

I am also trying to determine what monitor to buy, don't want a korean monitor at all.

I've been researching the Asus PB278Q a lot. Haven't checked out samsung to much, but the bezel and stand seems legit. I really like the brushed aluminum look.

So Samsung 971D or PB278Q?

American Company, $500:
http://www.amazon.com/Nixeus-27-Inch-Resolution-2560x1440-NX-VUE27/dp/B008M08SN6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383629395&sr=8-1&keywords=nixeus


I don't mean to sound harsh, but do you have to have a name-brand sticker on your monitor? You know everything uses the exact same LCD panels, right?

EDIT: The Asus is cheaper than I thought, not bad actually. A Qnix is still a better deal IMHO.

Now if budget isn't really a concern and you just want quality, that's fine. However, I'd step up to the 2560x1600 Nixeus at that point.
Edited by brucethemoose - 11/4/13 at 9:38pm
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 28
I'm looking into 1440p monitors too. The only thing that scares me about Korean is no warranty. Could look perfect for six months then stop working...you're up you-know-whos creek without a paddle.
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post

I'm looking into 1440p monitors too. The only thing that scares me about Korean is no warranty. Could look perfect for six months then stop working...you're up you-know-whos creek without a paddle.

Well mine's been going strong at 96hz/110hz since February 2012 (the very first one biggrin.gif ), but I'm just one example.


They're on Amazon you know. The seller says this one has a 1 year warranty.
http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-LED-Monitor/dp/B00BUI44US/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

And I believe Amazon handles returns for items sold by other sellers.
http://services.amazon.com/content/fulfillment-by-amazon.htm

The quality of the monitor itself is as good as US consumer grade monitors, but you're right: any monitor has a chance of going out randomly. IMHO the distance of the seller is easily worth the 50% price discount and overclockability, but that call is up to you.
Edited by brucethemoose - 11/4/13 at 9:59pm
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
Bruce
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4670k Asus Z87 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ X2 2x2gb + 2x4gb DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM OCZ Agility 4 128GB PNY 240GB LG Blu Ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ with extra fan Windows 10 Education x64 Shimian QH270 @110hz Medieval Dell OEM Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 V1 Antec 300 Black Illusion  Logitech G400s Xonar ST 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Fostex T50rp with BMF mod Archer T9E Wifi adapter 2x Yate Loon D12SL-12D 120x38mm fans Thermalright TY-143 fan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

Well mine's been going strong at 96hz/110hz since February 2012 (the very first one biggrin.gif ), but I'm just one example.


They're on Amazon you know. The seller says this one has a 1 year warranty.
http://www.amazon.com/QNIX-QX2710-Evolution-LED-Monitor/dp/B00BUI44US/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

And I believe Amazon handles returns for items sold by other sellers.
http://services.amazon.com/content/fulfillment-by-amazon.htm

The quality of the monitor itself is as good as US consumer grade monitors, but you're right: any monitor has a chance of going out randomly. IMHO the distance of the seller is easily worth the 50% price discount and overclockability, but that call is up to you.

Tough call. I wonder if there are any reliable statistics on failure rate with these monitors? I certainly would pay $300 over $600. But if the choice is between losing $300 on Korean monitor that doesn't work or over spending $300 for a monitor that works with a warranty...that's a no brainer. I'll have to look more into the Amazon route. If they do cover the product, then that is the best route to go.
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
Home PC
(12 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 - 4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max AMD R9 290x G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 5900RPM LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer NZXT Kraken x60 
MonitorPower
Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor Rosewill Capstone 750 modular 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 28
If a korean dies after one year, you can buy a new one and still pay the same as us brand monitor.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post

Tough call. I wonder if there are any reliable statistics on failure rate with these monitors? I certainly would pay $300 over $600. But if the choice is between losing $300 on Korean monitor that doesn't work or over spending $300 for a monitor that works with a warranty...that's a no brainer. I'll have to look more into the Amazon route. If they do cover the product, then that is the best route to go.

There have been plenty of people using it for 8months~1year constantly overclocked in the official Qnix thread here and in other forums. I have only read of one person's PCB going bad (fixed it with a replacement PCB), but aside from that I haven't seen any other instance.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 28
ASUS PB278Q FTW! Brilliant screen, love it to bits.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › best 27 inch 1440p monitor