Hello I'm new to the forum and Over Clocking in general. I am getting into Graphic Design. I found that I have reached a point with skill that Stock PC's and even the 27" IMac wont keep up with what I want to do. So Anyone that can help out it would be greatly appreciated. I do some gaming Mainly jus COD Ghosts, Battlefield4, Assassins Creed Black Flag, League of Legends. A lot of my focus is Adobe CC mainly Photoshop and Illustrator 3D rendering, Gradient Mesh, Cinema 4D/Aftereffects.
- I7 Intel 4820k 3.7/3.9ghz
- Asus Saber tooth X79 tuff series
- 2x EVGA GTX 660sc SLI 2gb GDDR5
- 8x8gb Crucial Ballistic 1600hz 1.5V 9,9,9,24
- H100i corsair cooler push/pull and 4 additional case fans cooler master half 912
- 2x 27" LG IPS LED 27ea33/ 2x HDMI Cables
- Corsair CX750M
- Samsung 1tb SSD EVO boot drive, OS, applications
- Toshiba HHD 1tb 7200rpm drive for paging files and Cache disc for Photoshop
- 4tb Seagate HHD 5400 Storage
- 4tb Seagate HHD 5400 Backup
- available but not installed I have 500gb SSD Samsung EVO
- Available but not installed an extra Toshiba 7200 1tb
- Originally the Idea was to have a dual OS mac, windows
- I have a Wi-Fi card but only run on Lan currently
- LG Super Multi DVD
- LG Blue ray disc
- Thermal tek gaming keyboard and mouse
- Logitech speakers
I may Have missed something besides the red lights. I realized after spending months know on YouTube tutorials, other sites, Magazines, etc. looking for some solid advice as to how I should go about Configuring what I have So that its efficient when it comes to work. That their are probably a few build options or gear I should have taken into consideration live and learn "University School of Hard Knocks" Usually ends up being my lesson.
At any rate I find 1-2gb files to be an average document size.
I do everything from Digital Paintings, Photography Cannon 60D Raw Format editing, HD Video Editing, 3D rendering, Gradient Mesh, Live Paint, Vector stuff
My OS is 550gb on both the pc and mac I've been aiming to down size to around 400-450gb Which could be possible If the drives and excess content files for apps was able to relocate.
All my Docs, Pics, Videos, and Music is held on the 4tb think I have roughly half that used already storage disc.
This Is my first build I did it mainly to learn but also to hopefully have a machine that I can use for work.
I have been playing around with the Overclocking al little I just have no clue what I'm doing other than following tutorials and trial and error. I have been able to get it to hold several stability test in Aida64 for 30 minutes 4.6ghz and had temps 40-57c.it Idles and plays YouTube videos 28-32c. I haven't seen the Ram temps go up at all. The hard drive are at 82F.
I also haven't been able to set the OC on the Graphics cards much without getting a black screen. last good run was score 9033points, 150fps, min 119fps, max194 fps 1920x1080, aa: 4x msaa, 60000
Biggest questions I have is what is safe temp, voltage, speed for every day work load or say perhaps 18-24hr work day without totally compromising the longevity of the hardware? What actually determines that its stable the benchmark, stability test, or actual application? If I'm running to Cards in SLI why does the second card not seem to do anything? but if I push the first one any harder than it fails. I guess I'm not sure how to utilize the two cards to my favor?