So I received my rival yesterday
, here my first impressions:
- the mouse is big and heavy (I guess if there weren't the rubber sides, it would be too difficult to pick it up, also compared to G400 that I consider a heavy and large mouse for my hand ofc).
- scroll wheel, better then kana v2 but still a little bit loose then DABE or G400, but it's bearable..
- LOD - well it's arguable but less than G400, higher than zowie fk, but I guess it's one CD (can only make this test at night)
- sensor - tbh I just plug and play, no drivers installed, but for some reason I feel some kind of prediction? Like i can make a straight line but also can make curved lines? Can't explain exactly but it's strange...
- Switches- well harder then G400 softer than zowie, but they're OK, I can tell M4 is the easiest button to press, so I think they put different switches like stated before..
- polling rate- need some help over this for those who own a rival (are yours at 500mhz out of the box?), I tested and without drivers installed it registered 500mhz. Still very responsive at those settings...
Shape- well it's very comfortable but it's a big mouse ( for me that I have medium hands is a bit difficult to hold it, but doable), but its weight can be a con for some gamers that are used to lighter mices (G400 seemed to me a heavy mouse but after i tested rival, G400 felt like a feather..)
I guess I'll do some more tests tonight and see if its a keeper or if I'll return it...
If someone need I can post some pictures ( I have DABE, G400 or zowie fk) you want to ;p
Edit: Forgot to mention.. The texture feels like Roccat mice, it's smooth\silky, so people who have dry hands (or now that winter is coming and hands become dryer), it can be difficult to people to feel comfortable with it, holding it ofc.Edited by Snakesoul - 11/27/13 at 5:11am