Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 650 & 950 & 1250 Owners Club & Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Antec Kühler H2O 650 & 950 & 1250 Owners Club & Impressions Thread - Page 26

Poll Results: Which Antec Kühler H2O do you have?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 27% of voters (15)
    Antec Kühler H2O 650
  • 37% of voters (20)
    Antec Kühler H2O 950
  • 38% of voters (21)
    Antec Kühler H2O 1250
54 Total Votes  
post #251 of 282
Guys, can you help me with suggestion? Bought used pc and later found out antec 1250 cooler was mounted with only 2 screws and no backplate. This bothers me, i want to place it right. What choices i have? Is there any universal kit with backplate and screws for 1250? Writed to Antec about my problem, but got no reply... Found many stores in australia who sell exactly what i need but only in australia... https://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&id2=185&bid=4&sid=228687& .Can somebody give me right link for antec support, i might try write them again. Post pics:
post #252 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoma View Post

Guys, can you help me with suggestion? Bought used pc and later found out antec 1250 cooler was mounted with only 2 screws and no backplate. This bothers me, i want to place it right. What choices i have? Is there any universal kit with backplate and screws for 1250? Writed to Antec about my problem, but got no reply... Found many stores in australia who sell exactly what i need but only in australia... https://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products-details.phtml?id=10&id2=185&bid=4&sid=228687& .Can somebody give me right link for antec support, i might try write them again. Post pics:

Other than contacting Antec (which since its used I'm not sure what they will say), as I mentioned in a previous post, use some nuts, washer and electric tape. Since there is no back plate, I imagine that there is a little less tension then what is optimal (not including the lack of screws either).
Basically, get a thin washer that has a small diameter, (so that the mounting nuts will not just slide through), place electric tape on the side that will against the motherboard, and just screw in the mounting screws. For the missing ones, try to find bolts/nuts that are the same dimensions (minus the spring length) as the mounting screws and tighten till there is very little tension left (you do not want to over tighten and bend stuff). If this is a bit complicated, I can give better details.
post #253 of 282
Got answer from Antec:
Dear Sir,



We have the requested Intel kit for your Kühler H2O 1250 v1 (7 fan blades).



However there are differences in version.



Which type is your motherboard? LGA 775, 1150, 2011



We can send the Intel kit for € 20



If you want to have it send registered it will cost an extra €5.


Not sure what is included in that kit... 20 euro for couple screws seems high to me.
post #254 of 282
Hello,

Just bought an Antec 650 h2o Kuhler. s I've read the instructions are not so simple and leave much to the imagination. I managed to get everything done, coldplate mounted, radiator mounted but what I'm not totally sure about is the wiring.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on to what is correct?

1. See the attached photo, there is a small 3 pin connector that obviously gets connected to the CPU pwr on the mother board, which I connected.
2. The other larger connecter male with 3 pins on the inside. where do you connect this? I assume I need some sort of adapter and this also connects
to the mother board? Or?

Thank you


post #255 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabob View Post

Hello,

Just bought an Antec 650 h2o Kuhler. s I've read the instructions are not so simple and leave much to the imagination. I managed to get everything done, coldplate mounted, radiator mounted but what I'm not totally sure about is the wiring.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on to what is correct?

1. See the attached photo, there is a small 3 pin connector that obviously gets connected to the CPU pwr on the mother board, which I connected.
2. The other larger connecter male with 3 pins on the inside. where do you connect this? I assume I need some sort of adapter and this also connects
to the mother board? Or?

Thank you

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That's a fan plug. thumb.gif
post #256 of 282
Hello yes I knew that but what does the other end look like? Where does this "fan plug" plug into? Thanks
post #257 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabob View Post

Hello yes I knew that but what does the other end look like? Where does this "fan plug" plug into? Thanks

You plug a fan into it. So when you mount a fan to the radiator, the unit can power the fan and control it.

This is what would plug into the piece you show in your pic:
post #258 of 282
Thanks for your help....

Let me add some info, this is for an Antec 650 Kuhler install. It comes with (1) fan mounted to a radiator.
1. A wire comes from the cold plate with a small (marked as power) 3 pin female plug which I plug into the CPU pwer plug on the MB.
2. A second 4 wire plug comes out of the cold plate as well, it plugs into a Y with one end going to the fan on the radiator. The other end
is this male (larger 3 pin fan plug).

I don't want to add another fan, so do I leave this unplugged?

I could unplug the 4 wire plug coming from the radiator fan going to the Y and plug that directly into the MB (its a small 4 pin female) plug which
the MB has several male connectors for Fan channels or power. If I plug it into one the fan runs.

Thank you
Sorry but it's not obvious to me;)
post #259 of 282
Antec instructions say only this:
Connect the female 4 pin connector from the fan to the 4 pin male connector from the cold plate.
Connect the 3 pin female connector from the coldplate to the 3 pin or 4 pin CPU fan or chassis fan
connector on your motherboard.

So if I understand this? I only need plug in the 3 pin female (marked at power) cable to the MB and the
other end if no extra fan is needed stays empty?

Thank you
post #260 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabob View Post

Thanks for your help....

Let me add some info, this is for an Antec 650 Kuhler install. It comes with (1) fan mounted to a radiator.
1. A wire comes from the cold plate with a small (marked as power) 3 pin female plug which I plug into the CPU pwer plug on the MB.
2. A second 4 wire plug comes out of the cold plate as well, it plugs into a Y with one end going to the fan on the radiator. The other end
is this male (larger 3 pin fan plug).

I don't want to add another fan, so do I leave this unplugged?

I could unplug the 4 wire plug coming from the radiator fan going to the Y and plug that directly into the MB (its a small 4 pin female) plug which
the MB has several male connectors for Fan channels or power. If I plug it into one the fan runs.

Thank you
Sorry but it's not obvious to me;)

No worries!

1. Correct.
2. Also correct. If you're not using a 2nd fan on the radiator for a push/pull setup, then you'd just leave it unplugged.

You might as well leave the current fan plugged into the Kuhler, that way the unit can regulate the fan speed. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabob View Post

Antec instructions say only this:
Connect the female 4 pin connector from the fan to the 4 pin male connector from the cold plate.
Connect the 3 pin female connector from the coldplate to the 3 pin or 4 pin CPU fan or chassis fan
connector on your motherboard.

So if I understand this? I only need plug in the 3 pin female (marked at power) cable to the MB and the
other end if no extra fan is needed stays empty?

Thank you

Correct. That extra connector is there in case you decide to install a 2nd fan on the radiator.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Official] Antec Kühler H2O 650 & 950 & 1250 Owners Club & Impressions Thread