Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The R9 290 -> 290X Unlock Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The R9 290 -> 290X Unlock Thread - Page 264

post #2631 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyapps View Post

Thanks for the reply. I was just trying it at stock and with the 'recommended' settings on various 290/litecoin forums. Is it generally the case that the clock should be underclocked when mining? I notice a lot of people do it but had thought I'd be fine running at stock 1000mhz.

I'll try your suggestions when I'm home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyapps View Post

Has anyone noticed instability on unlocked cards?
Mine, unlocked, crashes frequently when mining - usually with a garbled pink screen.
When it is running it only achieves ~500kh/s.

If I reboot in the 290 switch position I don't crash and I get 750kh/s.

Makes me rather worried about the stability of those extra unlocked shaders.

Mine runs better at 950/1250. I undervolt it by -44 in AB also. I can run at 1000/1500, but I only get an extra 50kh/s and it draws more power, so I thought it wasn't worth the extra stress on the cards.

Edit: yes, if your memory is running at 1250 then you will get better hashes if the core is at 950mhz than at 1000mhz. Seems counter to logic, but that's what these do.
Edited by battleaxe - 1/13/14 at 5:48am
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #2632 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post


Mine runs better at 950/1250. I undervolt it by -44 in AB also. I can run at 1000/1500, but I only get an extra 50kh/s and it draws more power, so I thought it wasn't worth the extra stress on the cards.

Edit: yes, if your memory is running at 1250 then you will get better hashes if the core is at 950mhz than at 1000mhz. Seems counter to logic, but that's what these do.

Thanks again. Out of interest what hash speed do you get?
post #2633 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyapps View Post

Thanks again. Out of interest what hash speed do you get?

830 on a 290 at 950/1250

I can get 880 on the 290 at somewhere around 1000/1500. I can't remember for sure where the core was. But I had to add a bit of voltage to get the ram stable at 1500, so I settled on the lower setting instead long term since its under-clocked. Seems safer to me long term and uses less power.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #2634 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

830 on a 290 at 950/1250

I can get 880 on the 290 at somewhere around 1000/1500. I can't remember for sure where the core was. But I had to add a bit of voltage to get the ram stable at 1500, so I settled on the lower setting instead long term since its under-clocked. Seems safer to me long term and uses less power.

that's it! I am mining. where to start?

edit: nvm, i saw the thread. i pay about 18C per KH in electricity - i think. you think it will work or forget it?
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2635 of 4143
Thread Starter 
Please refer to the OP about mining. Not trying to be that guy, but I'd like to keep this thread on topic. Thanks thumb.gif
post #2636 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

Please refer to the OP about mining. Not trying to be that guy, but I'd like to keep this thread on topic. Thanks thumb.gif

Yep, apologies. Have already taken it to PM.
post #2637 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

Please refer to the OP about mining. Not trying to be that guy, but I'd like to keep this thread on topic. Thanks thumb.gif

my apologies as well.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2638 of 4143
Quote:
Originally Posted by airisom2 View Post

Please refer to the OP about mining. Not trying to be that guy, but I'd like to keep this thread on topic. Thanks thumb.gif

Yeah sorry. I wasn't paying attention to which thread I was on. Thought I was on the mining thread. Oh well.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #2639 of 4143
Thread Starter 
No hard feels smile.gif Thanks for understanding.
post #2640 of 4143
Can this be unlocked?

Compatible adapters detected: 1
Adapter #1 PCI ID: 1002:67B1 - 1002:0B00
Memory config: 0x500013A9 Elpida
RA1: F8010005 RA2: 00000000
RB1: F8010005 RB2: 00000000
RC1: FC000005 RC2: 00000000
RD1: F8040005 RD2: 00000000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The R9 290 -> 290X Unlock Thread