Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Ordering a New PSU - Need Immediate Help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ordering a New PSU - Need Immediate Help - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Dors
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

XFX Core Edition has better ripple

60$ for the 550

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

Does ripple matter a lot? Sounds like it, and most PSU reviews I've read have talked about it.

I also want a bit more wattage just to future proof, especially if I ever want to upgrade my video card.
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerfreak09 View Post

Dors
Does ripple matter a lot? Sounds like it, and most PSU reviews I've read have talked about it.

I also want a bit more wattage just to future proof, especially if I ever want to upgrade my video card.

You dont need 650 watts unless you have a GTX 690 and newer single video cards wont use more power

Its a waste of money for no reason what so ever

And yes ripple does matter ripple is noise in your power

More noise more dirty power

More dirty power means shorter life span for your mosfets

Get quality not quantity
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

You dont need 650 watts unless you have a GTX 690 and newer single video cards wont use more power

Its a waste of money for no reason what so ever

And yes ripple does matter ripple is noise in your power

More noise more dirty power

More dirty power means shorter life span for your mosfets

Get quality not quantity

Understood. I'll take a look at the XFX PSU.
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerfreak09 View Post

Understood. I'll take a look at the XFX PSU.

Its a rebranded and modified Seasonic S12II if that says anything to you
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Its a rebranded and modified Seasonic S12II if that says anything to you

Speaking of that, look at what I found: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

They have a 520W version for $2 less... psh, might as well get the 620W version. I can spend a few extra bucks nonetheless. Like I said, the max amount of money I can spend is $75. If I were to order that PSU, and use Will-Call [Only about a 20 minute drive or so to the warehouse], I can get it for exact $75.

I also read your PSU Index thread and you state:

"Now this is a very good PSU series sure its non modular and its only 80 plus bronze rated but there is nothing bad to say about it at all Both ripple and regulation is very good"

So I assume this is better than the XFX one? Even if I saw the reviews on the Newegg and two people said it died within 2 months... but they posted that about 2 months ago, so maybe they fixed the issue or something. And yes, I know it may be a waste of money for getting extra wattage, but like I said, I can spend a few extra bucks, it's really no big deal. With that said, I'm dealing with the Rosewill one vs. XFX one [Although unlikely] vs. This Seasonic one.
Edited by computerfreak09 - 11/21/13 at 6:21pm
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerfreak09 View Post

Speaking of that, look at what I found: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

They have a 520W version for $2 less... psh, might as well get the 620W version. I can spend a few extra bucks nonetheless. Like I said, the max amount of money I can spend is $75. If I were to order that PSU, and use Will-Call [Only about a 20 minute drive or so to the warehouse], I can get it for exact $75.

I also read your PSU Index thread and you state:

"Now this is a very good PSU series sure its non modular and its only 80 plus bronze rated but there is nothing bad to say about it at all Both ripple and regulation is very good"

So I assume this is better than the XFX one? Even if I saw the reviews on the Newegg and two people said it died within 2 months... but they posted that about 2 months ago, so maybe they fixed the issue or something. And yes, I know it may be a waste of money for getting extra wattage, but like I said, I can spend a few extra bucks, it's really no big deal. With that said, I'm dealing with the Rosewill one vs. XFX one [Although unlikely] vs. This Seasonic one.

Nothing wrong with the S12II at all its just rare that its cheaper then the XFX rebrand
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 28

i run almost the same set up as you and it chgged away happly on 500w that was this power supply  but i woold up the whatts a bit to 600w  say a high current gamer 620w   i think is a sesonic or dltac on the insides did @shilka say that delta is awsome well it is

the money pit
(21 items)
 
  
Reply
the money pit
(21 items)
 
  
Reply
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerfreak09 View Post

Speaking of that, look at what I found: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

They have a 520W version for $2 less... psh, might as well get the 620W version. I can spend a few extra bucks nonetheless. Like I said, the max amount of money I can spend is $75. If I were to order that PSU, and use Will-Call [Only about a 20 minute drive or so to the warehouse], I can get it for exact $75.

I also read your PSU Index thread and you state:

"Now this is a very good PSU series sure its non modular and its only 80 plus bronze rated but there is nothing bad to say about it at all Both ripple and regulation is very good"

So I assume this is better than the XFX one? Even if I saw the reviews on the Newegg and two people said it died within 2 months... but they posted that about 2 months ago, so maybe they fixed the issue or something. And yes, I know it may be a waste of money for getting extra wattage, but like I said, I can spend a few extra bucks, it's really no big deal. With that said, I'm dealing with the Rosewill one vs. XFX one [Although unlikely] vs. This Seasonic one.

if it makes you feel any better, the PSU i'm currently using that is almost 7 years old was the original seasonic S12 smile.gif i can definitely stand behind the S12 line in it's durability considering most PSU's aren't meant to be used for as long as i've had mine smile.gif it's not top of the line like the platinum or the X series, but you will definitely get your money's worth out of it smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Ordering a New PSU - Need Immediate Help