Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! - Page 1169

post #11681 of 13814
Anyone here use the Ai Suite fan control and/or the temp probes? I'm inquiring as to information for/against it. I'm currently air cooling my cards and want to get a better handle on air movement in my case, Cosmos II.

I have fans just about everywhere a fan can be put, Noctuas to be precise. Currently I have them plugged into a Swiftech 8way PWM splitter ran by the CPU AUX header. They only ramp up when the CPU is out to load.

I'm open to all suggestions.
post #11682 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJSr72 View Post

Anyone here use the Ai Suite fan control and/or the temp probes? I'm inquiring as to information for/against it. I'm currently air cooling my cards and want to get a better handle on air movement in my case, Cosmos II.

I have fans just about everywhere a fan can be put, Noctuas to be precise. Currently I have them plugged into a Swiftech 8way PWM splitter ran by the CPU AUX header. They only ramp up when the CPU is out to load.

I'm open to all suggestions.

Get a aquaero and can get all info you need and if you want control the fans in 4 geoups instead of all at once. Can have 8 temp sensors
post #11683 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post



IE i only need +.1v @ 4.8 as my vid is 1.3
just uninstal and throw it awway

get a aquaero problem solved and no crappy software to deal with

Those are nice looking and from what I hear very good controllers. But a little on the expensive side for many.

I haven't had any problems so far with my AI suite. I even have all the fan placements set in there.
post #11684 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

Get a aquaero and can get all info you need and if you want control the fans in 4 geoups instead of all at once. Can have 8 temp sensors
Yeah, I have been looking at those but as some have mentioned, they are pricey. However, I have well over $1k tied up in cards so, price isn't too bad. Besides, I do plan to put these cards under water in the near future.(picture is outdated, I now have three 680's)
post #11685 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJSr72 View Post

Yeah, I have been looking at those but as some have mentioned, they are pricey. However, I have well over $1k tied up in cards so, price isn't too bad. Besides, I do plan to put these cards under water in the near future.(picture is outdated, I now have three 680's)

Do you or have you had any problems with using all three cards in SLI? I have heard a few mention having problems with using 2 cards in SLI and still getting 16x on both cards and with 3 cards but only two are working in 8x.
post #11686 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post

Do you or have you had any problems with using all three cards in SLI? I have heard a few mention having problems with using 2 cards in SLI and still getting 16x on both cards and with 3 cards but only two are working in 8x.

the CPU has only 40 lanes so no way to get 3 cards at 16x. they will always be at 8. I do not have the book but I think it is actually 16x, 8x, 8x but could be wrong on this.

@Madmaxneo you are one of the luck few I have not heard of having problems with the AI suite. it might be working but I for sure would not trust it as many problems as I have seen people and I personally have had.
post #11687 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by seross69 View Post

the CPU has only 40 lanes so no way to get 3 cards at 16x. they will always be at 8. I do not have the book but I think it is actually 16x, 8x, 8x but could be wrong on this.

@Madmaxneo you are one of the luck few I have not heard of having problems with the AI suite. it might be working but I for sure would not trust it as many problems as I have seen people and I personally have had.
Yeah that is what I meant that with three cards but they are only getting x8 with two cards... At least that is what I assumed they meant.

I have not really pushed the AI suite except to set up a wifi port and a few other things.
I haven't used it to OC yet and I wasn't really planning to. I plan on primarily using the bios and the OC panel a little.
post #11688 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post

Do you or have you had any problems with using all three cards in SLI? I have heard a few mention having problems with using 2 cards in SLI and still getting 16x on both cards and with 3 cards but only two are working in 8x.
Book shows that they should be 16x 8x 16x unless you have something in the 4th PCIe slot then it would be 16x 8x 8x 8x. I did have my sound card there but have since removed it and strictily utilize onboard audio. I game with a headset so it doesn't matter anyway as my headset is USB powered.

I've noticed that my EVGA SLi bridge causes issues so I've switched out to the basic one that came with the board. I will be purchasing the Nvidia SLi bridge although I know the LED lighting will not work.
post #11689 of 13814
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettJSr72 View Post

Book shows that they should be 16x 8x 16x unless you have something in the 4th PCIe slot then it would be 16x 8x 8x 8x. I did have my sound card there but have since removed it and strictily utilize onboard audio. I game with a headset so it doesn't matter anyway as my headset is USB powered.

I've noticed that my EVGA SLi bridge causes issues so I've switched out to the basic one that came with the board. I will be purchasing the Nvidia SLi bridge although I know the LED lighting will not work.

I not heard anything good about the EVGA SLI bridge, in fact all I have heard is that it does not work. I don't plan on using it and when I get to the point of using two cards or more. I will probably use the Nvidia SLI bridge. It makes sense (to me) that the company that makes the graphic cards would make the best SLI bridge for their cards. Though to be honest I really want the EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X Hydro Copper, but it is a little out of my price range for now. I did notice they have a 980 hybrid (water cooling). I may be purchasing the 970 FTW this week and I wonder if that water cooler will work with the 970?

There are a few things that I am putting together about the RIVBE from what I have heard on this thread. It seems these boards were pushed out without any extensive testing other than what they did on the vanilla RIV boards. If they did extensive testing then I am befuddled on why there are still issues like reported here. There are quite a few "minor" issues that could be important issues if your a tech enthusiast, which is an oxymoron in a sense because these boards are supposed to be designed for tech enthusiasts. Then again I have not done any research as to where these boards were manufactured so that could have a play in the problems.
post #11690 of 13814
@Madmaxneo I think a lot of people want the GTX TITAN X. I think it is a smexy card but the price a bit out of reach. Now, I would like the 980 Kingpin edition, maybe two eventually but I first need to offload these GTX 680's. Granted they are working fantastic for me, I just got the upgrade itch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!