Originally Posted by skupples
There is a chance that those memory sticks are single sided. Not sure how that affects watercooling them though.
They are 8GB sticks so pretty sure they are double sided. Right now I'm just thinking about it, thing is removing the heat spreaders might void warranty not to mention it's going to cost a couple hundred bucks to water cool 8 sticks of ram so that's why I'm undecided at this point...
Anyone ever removed the heat spreaders from G.Skill memory?
Edit: Just googled this,Instructions on removing heat spreader
1. Remove the stickers on the G.Skill memory modules.
2. Lay the RAM modules on a flat, nonconductive surface such as a piece of cardboard.
3. Turn on your hair dryer and set it to high heat. Apply the heat source to the heatsink for several minutes, until it becomes hot to the touch.
4. Pick up the RAM and hold it using a hot pad. If possible, get a helper to hold the RAM.
5. Hold the fishing line in your hands so it is taut between your thumb and fingers. Slide the line under the bottom of one side of the heat spreader using a sawing motion. Continue sawing until you reach the top of the heat spreader. Repeat for the other side.
6. Warranty Void, lolEdited by USFORCES - 1/14/14 at 12:54pm