Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! - Page 573

post #5721 of 14771
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post

Looks borkaborkborked to me.

So I finally pulled out both kits, was looking @ Them trying to discern the difference and finally saw it, one kit was made in JUL and the other in DEC.

Stuck in the DEC for now, popped it down to 2133




Still curious to see if any 64gb kits hit up higher than what I was running as that was really odd. Gonna run some game tests and see if this fixes some of the droops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDUBBY View Post


Well I see you edit your text

I edited it nearly the same time I posted it prior to your follow up post lol.

If I can ever get 3Dmark to work properly I'll post some scores, for now it just loads hangs, then goes into a full screen all black. Been seeing similar issues on the net. It's the only issue thus far.
Edited by LunaP - 2/15/14 at 1:33pm
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5722 of 14771
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

So I finally pulled out both kits, was looking @ Them trying to discern the difference and finally saw it, one kit was made in JUL and the other in DEC.

Stuck in the DEC for now, popped it down to 2133



JUL sticks might actually clock a bit better, if my hunch is correct. Both should give the numbers you got there, + a little bit when tweaked.

Anyway...Much better!

try 2400 now, with that one kit, should be 65k or so...!!!

Of course, that 65K, not every controller will do well, but you can try 2333...2133 MHz divider @ 125 BCLK.

thumb.gif
post #5723 of 14771
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post

JUL sticks might actually clock a bit better, if my hunch is correct. Both should give the numbers you got there, + a little bit when tweaked.

Anyway...Much better!

try 2400 now, with that one kit, should be 65k or so...!!!

Of course, that 65K, not every controller will do well, but you can try 2333...2133 MHz divider @ 125 BCLK.

thumb.gif


I got into windows once @ 2400

but both 2133 and 2400 randomly shut down the computer. No bluescreen just whole system shut down, now I can't get in no matter how much I give it. Windows freezes everytime @ startup. I've hella laxed timings too and XMP no longer works well it might @ default but it defaults my system to 3.6ghz if anything. I'll try 125 clocks.

After which I put all bac kin but the DEC in in ch 1 and JUL in ch 2 pumped Dram V to 1.7 and gave VTT 1.25 and VCCSA 1.25 and still couldn't hit windows no matter what speed I set down to 1600 lol... either I really have a crappy controller or I really have bad luck w/ my ram kit.


I swapped the DEC for the JUL sticks now Still can't get into windows, I've already reset bios as well.
Edited by LunaP - 2/15/14 at 2:38pm
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5724 of 14771
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post

I got into windows once @ 2400

but both 2133 and 2400 randomly shut down the computer. No bluescreen just whole system shut down, now I can't get in no matter how much I give it. Windows freezes everytime @ startup. I've hella laxed timings too and XMP no longer works well it might @ default but it defaults my system to 3.6ghz if anything. I'll try 125 clocks.

After which I put all bac kin but the DEC in in ch 1 and JUL in ch 2 pumped Dram V to 1.7 and gave VTT 1.25 and VCCSA 1.25 and still couldn't hit windows no matter what speed I set down to 1600 lol... either I really have a crappy controller or I really have bad luck w/ my ram kit.


I swapped the DEC for the JUL sticks now Still can't get into windows, I've already reset bios as well.

running 2000 MHz was unstable, by the numbers given, so it sounds like a gunky OS. Do not loosen timings...adjust voltages only.

higher-than-needed VTT and VCCSA can cause issues, too, so start @ 0.900 V on VCCSA and 1.05V on VTT. If no boot, increase VTT to 1.25V...or VCCSA...and you should be able to take it from there?


After adding sticks, etc, you must always clear CMOS by "loading optimized defaults"
post #5725 of 14771
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post

running 2000 MHz was unstable, by the numbers given, so it sounds like a gunky OS. Do not loosen timings...adjust voltages only.

higher-than-needed VTT and VCCSA can cause issues, too, so start @ 0.900 V on VCCSA and 1.05V on VTT. If no boot, increase VTT to 1.25V...or VCCSA...and you should be able to take it from there?


After adding sticks, etc, you must always clear CMOS by "loading optimized defaults"

Ah didn't know that.

and also was setting high VTT/VCCSA in hopes of working down but I"ll work the other way up .... so far 125 block seems to be the ticket.


Here's @ 2400 which loaded up seemingly fine w/ the DEC batch.



Here's the July batch on 2333 block 125 , surprisingly enough seems like 2333 is the sweet spot as 2400 you see a dip in the Write.




Here's my settings thus far =w=;;





Edited by LunaP - 2/15/14 at 2:56pm
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5726 of 14771
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaP View Post



Getting there! wink.gif

Gotta do the reset so that things like bank/rank interleave and such is reset.

Throw up some memtweakit shots, man! That's far more useful. Try the TurboV Lite tool to show voltages and such easy. VRM settings will change with CPU, but the other info can be used by others! wink.gif

thumb.gif
post #5727 of 14771
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post

Getting there! wink.gif

Gotta do the reset so that things like bank/rank interleave and such is reset.

Throw up some memtweakit shots, man! That's far more useful. Try the TurboV Lite tool to show voltages and such easy. VRM settings will change with CPU, but the other info can be used by others! wink.gif

thumb.gif

Updated previous post w/ more photos.


Kk reset bios reset settings, lowered things down a bit.



Edited by LunaP - 2/15/14 at 3:34pm
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Sylphiel
(20 items)
 
Yuna
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gigabyte X58A-UD3R eVGA GTX TITAN Corsair 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair SSD Samsung BluRay R/W Corsair H90 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate HP w2338h HP w2338h HP w2338h 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP w2338h Samsung 46" TV ROCCAT Antex 1200W Silver 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cosmos Corsair m95 ALLSOP Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5728 of 14771
So an update of my actual temperature issue I was having all this time, I finally got my modest oc to 4.2 but at a really good load temperature, 68c under prime and it stays there, I was getting over 78c and it was due to the fans I had replaced the original ones with, had no idea how much static pressure helped with these rads but holy crap, from 40c idle to 33 and 68c under full load, gaming I never go over 55. I had replaced the original h100i fans with 2 x jet flo's and after that purhased some sp 120's. I finally put the original ones as I had never mounted them before and bam... Should have done that long ago and I would have saved a few bucks and headaches. Just wanted to let others know in case they ever run into the same issue!
Ryzen
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1800x Crosshair VI Hero Evga 1080 ti sc2 Corsair Vengeance Led 16gb ddr4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Evo 850 512 Evo 850 512 860 pro NVME 512 7200 Seagate 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Purple 6000 Wraith Led Win 10 Pro XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard 4 Seasonic Focus 850 460X Logitech 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1800x Crosshair VI Hero Evga 1080 ti sc2 Corsair Vengeance Led 16gb ddr4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Evo 850 512 Evo 850 512 860 pro NVME 512 7200 Seagate 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Purple 6000 Wraith Led Win 10 Pro XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard 4 Seasonic Focus 850 460X Logitech 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5729 of 14771
post #5730 of 14771
Wish i was a lighting specialist. I revamped my lighting. But im still not impressed. Anyone got any pointers?






New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!