Originally Posted by yttocstfarc
There it is! Picked it up from microcenter yesterday! Got it built last night ill post some pictures this weekend. Build went together perfectly! No problems as of yet. Thanks for all your guys help i am definitely glad I picked this motherboard!
Luna Can u add me to the Club please.
Will do and still need to go back and find all the names I didn't add. Works been crazy as of late, so I can ready but not time to run back, keeping names on a notepad though lol.
Welcome btw! Keep us posted on your results!
Originally Posted by kpoeticg
Anybody familiar with the Asmedia controllers that can tell me if it's worth putting a 4TB WD Black on a SataIII Asmedia Port with 2 SSD's in Raid0 on the Intel Ports? Or should i put it on a SataII Intel Port, or just put 1 SSD & the WD Black on the 2 good ports?
I've only used them for my optical drives, the other ports are being used for my SSD's (intel) and 4x 2TB drives on the marvell's. As for running storage off them yes you can, as on my other comp I have a 1TB runnning off the ASMEDIA and it works fine, granted its a WD Green, but no issues, as its primarily a file server at home for other things. I'd say its equal to or better than marvel
Originally Posted by Kimir
Darlene is right, I forgot that but;
If you have to ask yourself if it's worth it, then it's probably not. Otherwise you would have found an excuse to go for it.
And you already have a 3960x on would like to upgrade to either a 4930k or 4960x? Not worth it at all, it's like going from a 3960x to 3970x lol.
I got myself a 4930k because I'm making a new rig, couldn't wait for haswell-e with my 2x780Ti sitting on my desk lol.
Pretty much only diff is higher IMC for more RAM support and higher timings + optimized slightly better and more compatible w/ the board, though for the amount of that just wait I'd say.
So talked to G Skill they're not giving a good response either, all they said are both are excellent choices Lol though they did answer on the XMP stating that their XMP profiles ONLY support what the actual speed rating says on the box so if its 2400 then its 2400 there is no step down. I don't know why it's such a hard decision, I want to get the 2400 but at the same time kind of afraid it still may not boot, though since its all 1 kit maybe I'd get lucky?
If nothing I have would see an advantage to this ( I'm most concerned about Surround gaming in 1440p ) @ 2400mhz then I'll grab the 2133mhz no question. That should be the deal breaker. Either way they're gonna send me a check for whichever I order as a refund since for the RMA I'd have to wait a couple weeks but they said if I purchase from New Egg and show them the receipt they'll send me a check in the mail after receiving my X sticks.Edited by LunaP - 2/27/14 at 7:45am