Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club! - Page 687

post #6861 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post

Ha, 1.3V VCCSA? try going with 0.950 V, and take a DIFFERENT approach. If you have a chip like mine (and I think many do), then setting voltages too high will case slightly increased power consumption, and might trigger OCP.

I tried that now and got 1344 Prime Custom running redface.gif (played with PLL / PCH voltages too)

http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_01.png

Edit:
I got a reboot after 13ish Minutes frown.gif
Edited by xRuBiCoNx - 3/30/14 at 9:55am
post #6862 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

Are you still using a single memory module? Try a different channel if so.

With the settings you have there, almost inclined to think something else is causing your issues. Clear CMOS, just set 180% OCP - do not change anything else. Don't even enable XMP. See if you still get shutdown~resets with no BSOD.

I run Quad Channel now and it did Prime Custom Loops with 1344 that lasted 13mins before reboot. I had to bump other voltages as well!

This is the Config but the Voltages seem to be pretty high :x
http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_01.png
http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_02.png
http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_03.png
Edited by xRuBiCoNx - 3/30/14 at 9:57am
post #6863 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRuBiCoNx View Post

I run Quad Channel now and it did Prime Custom Loops with 1344 that lasted 13mins before reboot. I had to bump other voltages as well!

This is the Config but the Voltages seem to be pretty high :x
http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_01.png
http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_02.png
http://xrubiconx.de/pix/RIVBE/bios_03.png


Some of those changes are probably superfluous to requirements.

1) Put PCH voltage back to stock
2) Do the same with CPU PLL
3) VCCSA swithcing freq might be fine on auto as well.

Set one thing back at a time and monitor for impact (the three above should make no real difference).
post #6864 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiumone View Post

Yeah, same here. I'm getting kind of tired of this. No matter what settings I try. I just get random reboots. No BSOD just a reboot. I can game for hours, but if I leave it with just prime on blend it will reboot. It can be after 20min or 6 hours.

I have a lot of problems with prime. My 4820 k passed 3 hours of aida64 until it reported a failure. Prime fails almost instantly but usually goes just a few mins before an error. I will say this I only ran into application errors like prime and Aida reporting an error no bsod until I switched to the latest bios. I also have found as of late a lot of video driver driver crashes. Mainly when running realbench v2.
post #6865 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

Some of those changes are probably superfluous to requirements.

1) Put PCH voltage back to stock
2) Do the same with CPU PLL
3) VCCSA swithcing freq might be fine on auto as well.

Set one thing back at a time and monitor for impact (the three above should make no real difference).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post


After I put 1.) back to Stock restart 2ish Minutes after Prime
After I put 2.) back to Stock restart 5ish Minutes after Prime
After I put 3.) back to Stock restart after I started Prime
post #6866 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRuBiCoNx View Post


After I put 1.) back to Stock restart 2ish Minutes after Prime
After I put 2.) back to Stock restart 5ish Minutes after Prime
After I put 3.) back to Stock restart after I started Prime

NEver heard of anyone having to change those 3 for restarts as you are reporting. 1&3 should have no real impact on restart behaviour - even PLL should not affect it the way you state.
post #6867 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

NEver heard of anyone having to change those 3 for restarts as you are reporting. 1&3 should have no real impact on restart behaviour - even PLL should not affect it the way you state.

A member of a german Hardwareforum put in the thought that the VRMs might be faulty/damaged.

If you consider that the voltages that you asked me to revert to default are usually not affecting it it sounds at least like a possibility that the random restarts might be the VRMs and the voltages are useless.
Edited by xRuBiCoNx - 3/30/14 at 10:57am
post #6868 of 14765
Hello

Is the Samsung 840 Pro 512GB is compatible with the secure erase of the R4BE?

Thanks
post #6869 of 14765
Yep - PCH voltage isn't directly related to any bus Prime 95 stresses. CPU PLL from 1.80V to 1.82V should not be the difference between the board being stable and restarting during a stress test either. Think the issue lies elsewhere - perhaps the board has a fault.
post #6870 of 14765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post

Yep - PCH voltage isn't directly related to any bus Prime 95 stresses. CPU PLL from 1.80V to 1.82V should not be the difference between the board being stable and restarting during a stress test either. Think the issue lies elsewhere - perhaps the board has a fault.

Do you have any other idea regarding a setting that i could possibly change?
Or should I RMA the board?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Owners Club!