Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [chiphell] IN WIN 901 aluminum and tempered glass ITX case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[chiphell] IN WIN 901 aluminum and tempered glass ITX case - Page 16  

post #151 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3viliz3d View Post

Sure, the rad would go out, but I bet a pump can be fit somewhere. MCP35X for example, has a very tiny footprint.
You should be able to do it. It's just not going to be easy and you probably will have to do some modding.
Btw the main reason why I suggested an AIO unit is because I don't like the appearance of external radiators.
Blue star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k ASUS® P6X58D-E  Palit Gtx470 6 GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Crucial m4 128gb Corsair h60 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Lg M2280D 22'' Alienware TactX Corsair ax750 In Win 904 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Roccat Sense  Denon AH-D1100 Audioengine 5 
  hide details  
Blue star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k ASUS® P6X58D-E  Palit Gtx470 6 GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Crucial m4 128gb Corsair h60 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Lg M2280D 22'' Alienware TactX Corsair ax750 In Win 904 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Roccat Sense  Denon AH-D1100 Audioengine 5 
  hide details  
post #152 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg92 View Post

You should be able to do it. It's just not going to be easy and you probably will have to do some modding.
Btw the main reason why I suggested an AIO unit is because I don't like the appearance of external radiators.
I agree with you, it's kinda ugly and not portable at all, which is one of the reasons why one should go for an ITX build.
It's just that since I went watercooling, going back to air would just feel like a downgrade biggrin.gif
post #153 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3viliz3d View Post

I agree with you, it's kinda ugly and not portable at all, which is one of the reasons why one should go for an ITX build.
It's just that since I went watercooling, going back to air would just feel like a downgrade biggrin.gif
You could always just do an interior loop for just the gpu or just the cpu and keep the other one air cooled.
Blue star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k ASUS® P6X58D-E  Palit Gtx470 6 GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Crucial m4 128gb Corsair h60 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Lg M2280D 22'' Alienware TactX Corsair ax750 In Win 904 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Roccat Sense  Denon AH-D1100 Audioengine 5 
  hide details  
Blue star
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-6600k ASUS® P6X58D-E  Palit Gtx470 6 GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Crucial m4 128gb Corsair h60 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Lg M2280D 22'' Alienware TactX Corsair ax750 In Win 904 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder Roccat Sense  Denon AH-D1100 Audioengine 5 
  hide details  
post #154 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3viliz3d View Post

I agree with you, it's kinda ugly and not portable at all, which is one of the reasons why one should go for an ITX build.
It's just that since I went watercooling, going back to air would just feel like a downgrade biggrin.gif

If you want a nice water cooled system, why not get the 904 and put a mini ITX or micro ATX in it and do the same? By the way, you could also work with the place reserved for the harddrives. Just make a custom whole through to that hard drive bay area through which 2 pipes can go through and put your pump or water reservoir there. But you won't be able to use 3.5 inch hard drives though.

But you will need to choose your material to make sure it will fit. mini ITX cases have always been puzzling to fit all components. Though the inwin 901 has very large potential except for the CPU cooling. And you want to push it even further with custom cooling. Well if you have resources enough. I'd say give it a shot. Due to water cooling blocks you also save a lot space because there are no fans on the cpu and graphics card. perhaps you can use that areas too in a smart way.

Also if you really want to mount a 2 fan radiator on it. You can always take that case to a workshop where they cut metal. You can ask for a similar grill just as in the removable back plate to be on top to support a 2 fan radiator. Though once you do it of course, there is no turning back
Edited by QUICKSORT - 2/13/14 at 12:38am
post #155 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSORT View Post

If you want a nice water cooled system, why not get the 904 and put a mini ITX or micro ATX in it and do the same? By the way, you could also work with the place reserved for the harddrives. Just make a custom whole through to that hard drive bay area through which 2 pipes can go through and put your pump or water reservoir there. But you won't be able to use 3.5 inch hard drives though.

But you will need to choose your material to make sure it will fit. mini ITX cases have always been puzzling to fit all components. Though the inwin 901 has very large potential except for the CPU cooling. And you want to push it even further with custom cooling. Well if you have resources enough. I'd say give it a shot. Due to water cooling blocks you also save a lot space because there are no fans on the cpu and graphics card. perhaps you can use that areas too in a smart way.

Also if you really want to mount a 2 fan radiator on it. You can always take that case to a workshop where they cut metal. You can ask for a similar grill just as in the removable back plate to be on top to support a 2 fan radiator. Though once you do it of course, there is no turning back

Great ideas right there, thanks man!
I thought about the 904; at the moment I'm using an 800D though, and it feels massive. The 904 would be just a little smaller, instead I'm looking for something really light, that I can keep on the top of my desk.

Definitely I can make good use of the HDDs bay, especially when I can mount an SSD and - why not, a small 2.5" HDD for storage - in the back of the case, in the cables area.

2 fan radiator: I like it, but would it be enough to cool both a CPU (probably a good one, not less than an overclocked Intel K) and a GPU (GTX 780Ti, I'm an avid gamer tongue.gif) ?
post #156 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3viliz3d View Post

Great ideas right there, thanks man!
I thought about the 904; at the moment I'm using an 800D though, and it feels massive. The 904 would be just a little smaller, instead I'm looking for something really light, that I can keep on the top of my desk.

Definitely I can make good use of the HDDs bay, especially when I can mount an SSD and - why not, a small 2.5" HDD for storage - in the back of the case, in the cables area.

2 fan radiator: I like it, but would it be enough to cool both a CPU (probably a good one, not less than an overclocked Intel K) and a GPU (GTX 780Ti, I'm an avid gamer tongue.gif) ?

It should be able to support the graphics card and the CPU. However I strongly recommend you not to overclock your CPU on the inwin 901. That case doesn't have the best airflow. Though If you do make holes as I suggested on top, you could use the opening at the back of the case as an intake too. That also can help. But like I said do not overclock your cpu. Overclocking the GPU shouldn't be a problem if you don't go extreme and DO NOT play with the voltages of it.

Also I currently have the alienware M14X laptop. I have overclocked my GPU, but then with my CPU turbo boost on it reaches above 90 degrees. I core even peeked at 98 degrees. So what I do is. I wrote a .bat file that works as a toggle that Overclocks my GPU and disables the Turbo boost of my CPU. That way I get better frame rates on games and temperatures around 80's max. And I toggle it back when I'm not gaming. So in case you have the same problem, you can work the same way. Because in most cases GPU is the bottleneck anyway. Just get yourself a CPU that isn't k but has a slightly better clock speed. Rather like what I'm going to do.
post #157 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSORT View Post

It should be able to support the graphics card and the CPU. However I strongly recommend you not to overclock your CPU on the inwin 901. That case doesn't have the best airflow. Though If you do make holes as I suggested on top, you could use the opening at the back of the case as an intake too. That also can help. But like I said do not overclock your cpu. Overclocking the GPU shouldn't be a problem if you don't go extreme and DO NOT play with the voltages of it.

Also I currently have the alienware M14X laptop. I have overclocked my GPU, but then with my CPU turbo boost on it reaches above 90 degrees. I core even peeked at 98 degrees. So what I do is. I wrote a .bat file that works as a toggle that Overclocks my GPU and disables the Turbo boost of my CPU. That way I get better frame rates on games and temperatures around 80's max. And I toggle it back when I'm not gaming. So in case you have the same problem, you can work the same way. Because in most cases GPU is the bottleneck anyway. Just get yourself a CPU that isn't k but has a slightly better clock speed. Rather like what I'm going to do.

Well, if I'm under water overclocking wouldn't be too much of a problem right? smile.gif
I only do mild overclocks usually, just to get some extra frames and such, never extreme freq/voltages. I don't like spending grands on hardware and then burn them skull.gif
post #158 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3viliz3d View Post

Well, if I'm under water overclocking wouldn't be too much of a problem right? smile.gif
I only do mild overclocks usually, just to get some extra frames and such, never extreme freq/voltages. I don't like spending grands on hardware and then burn them skull.gif

You can always try it out once you have it of course. But you see that's the problem, not many people own the inwin 901, and not many builds with performance results are available. So there is nothing really I can base myself on. Pure my experiences with other systems I've seen.

Me myself. I'm looking for the best CPU cooling possible for that case and I wasn't able to find anything with certainty yet. In the end I might be getting 2 cpu coolers and try out myself
post #159 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSORT View Post

You can always try it out once you have it of course. But you see that's the problem, not many people own the inwin 901, and not many builds with performance results are available. So there is nothing really I can base myself on. Pure my experiences with other systems I've seen.

Me myself. I'm looking for the best CPU cooling possible for that case and I wasn't able to find anything with certainty yet. In the end I might be getting 2 cpu coolers and try out myself

I'll just think and plan carefully before I decide what to buy, something will come to my mind.
This case is such a beauty smile.gif
post #160 of 219
Hard to get good pics, digital cameras don't like blue LEDs. Runs nice and quiet smile.gif... and yes, I know I need to get some blue RAM instead of red.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [chiphell] IN WIN 901 aluminum and tempered glass ITX case