Computer HardwareIntel 4930K
- This is kind of the sweet spot in my opinion, with gaming looking like it's going to head in the more multi-core support route and also having amazing IPC you can't go wrong. Good value in my opinion and a sweet upgrade from a Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
would also no doubt come in handy with video and photography work ^^ really needing an upgrade from my current rig but can't quite afford what I want, and I don't see why you should settle when you're putting this much money into something, you should make sure it's right and what you really want so you're fully content.Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
- Considering my current computer which I've had for the past, nearly 6 years (Dell XPS 420) which is finally giving out as the harddrive has been going and on deathrow for the past 6 months, it's gone a few times being completely unable to load the OS. But reformatting my system seems to give it a little last breathe of life. Or those amazing write speeds of 200KBps are always fun. This would be an amazing upgrade for anyone. I do quite a bit of Photography work so moving large files around can be a common occurrence.Silverstone TJ11B-W
- Go big or go home definitely, I always have a hard time looking for a case that has a right side window with everything mounted on the left of the case. But also has that extreme-like case sense about it with awesome cooling potential. Looks amazing, and would just satisfy me case-wise completely.Dell UltraSharp 27" U2713HM
- Again, would be an awesome upgrade from my current Samsung 23" 720p monitor
I much prefer those deeper colours and general eye candy over raw FPS. Would also be great for my photography.Things Overclockers Would LoveAsus Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 DirectCU II X2 in SLI
- I prefer the idea of having cooler and quieter components than just the one with the most performance you can squeeze out of it with all other variables thrown out the window. But it'd also give me some nice OC options without giving up on sound and temperatures
and the SLI aspect I suppose because 1440p needs that little extra unf. Especially in some of my favourite games which just happen to be some of the most resource demanding, Metro Last Light and Crysis. Would be a huge upgrade from my ATI 3870 ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
- I guess this is another one of those go big or go home things right? I just couldn't think of a better board to get me on my first x79 chipset, would give me stable OC potential, all those nice PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots have always appealed to me on x79.GamingXbox One
- I tend to mostly prefer the exclusives on Xbox than Playstation, I also prefer the controller and general way everything is managed in comparison. Had 1 Xbox original, 3 360's Internet
- I'm guessing this is somewhat of an odd one, but... you need internet for experiencing the best gaming do you not?
how fun is BF4 without multiplayer? it doesn't have much appeal without it. Basically £800 to pay off a damn ridiculous phone bill caused by my sibling, and I live in a pretty remote place and unfortunately this is the only provider available in my area. So my internet has been sourced from a mobile broadband modem for a few years now capped at 15GB, which is terrible, I'm usually without internet for a week or two at the end of each month and I don't even watch videos, play online games other than some Minecraft because of my internet restriction. Or download anything. It'd be nice to be able to get into the "normal" rhythm of gaming and being able to go digital (:Corsair Vengeance M65 Black
- I had a look at these in a electronic/computer shop a while back, I just loved the feel of them and how solid they are. Good for any PC gamer ^^Corsair Vengeance K95
- I've never had a mechanical keyboard, but this one has always peaked my interest. I've always been in need of more macro keys and this would sort that well xD I also love the lighting and general look of the keyboard, it's pretty smart looking.
Thanks for yet another event like this, overclock.net is such a great site and do so many events and give-aways, it makes it feel that much sweeter and community orientated, I love it ^^ some of these parts would be so amazing for my first ever build and a much needed upgrade from my coming up to 6 years old rig.Edited by A7xConnor - 11/26/13 at 10:01am