Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Can someone offer advice, why does this keep happening?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can someone offer advice, why does this keep happening?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Hopefully this is the right section.

This has happened numerous times, no clue what the cause is and the only fix Ive found is restarting my computer...which is a hold my breath type of situation because I never know if it will keep all my Chrome tabs or not.

I will right click on something and whatever I click on (doesn't happen every time) that part freezes on the screen. Everything else runs like normal but the image remains as if it was a stain on the monitor itself. Here is a screenshot. Any ideas?

Untitled.jpg
First build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Radeon HD 6850 8gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3.16 TB of HDD space. SSD(s) soon Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32" viore Ultra X3 1000w 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Radeon HD 6850 8gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3.16 TB of HDD space. SSD(s) soon Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32" viore Ultra X3 1000w 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetdreams21 View Post

Hopefully this is the right section.

This has happened numerous times, no clue what the cause is and the only fix Ive found is restarting my computer...which is a hold my breath type of situation because I never know if it will keep all my Chrome tabs or not.

I will right click on something and whatever I click on (doesn't happen every time) that part freezes on the screen. Everything else runs like normal but the image remains as if it was a stain on the monitor itself. Here is a screenshot. Any ideas?

Untitled.jpg

Yeah I've had that problem in Windows 7 before. The way to stop it from happening is going to System Properties > Advanced System Settings > and in the advanced tab, click on settings under performance and uncheck fade out menu items after clicking and fade or slide menus into view

Edit: To get there you can just right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Performance tab > settings
Edited by brootalperry - 11/22/13 at 1:16am
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
*sigh* well it didn't fix the current freeze but hopefully its a problem of the past now, +rep, thanks
First build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Radeon HD 6850 8gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3.16 TB of HDD space. SSD(s) soon Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32" viore Ultra X3 1000w 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Radeon HD 6850 8gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3.16 TB of HDD space. SSD(s) soon Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32" viore Ultra X3 1000w 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetdreams21 View Post

*sigh* well it didn't fix the current freeze but hopefully its a problem of the past now, +rep, thanks

Yeah you also don't have to restart your computer every time. Just set your resolution to something else then change it back and it will be gone.
Unchecking those boxes will make sure that it never happens again thumb.gif

And you're welcome =)
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brootalperry View Post

Yeah you also don't have to restart your computer every time. Just set your resolution to something else then change it back and it will be gone.
Unchecking those boxes will make sure that it never happens again thumb.gif

And you're welcome =)

You definitely earned another plus rep on that, I cant believe I didnt think of the obvious especially since Ive used this trick in the past for something else >.<<br />
Thanks again man
First build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Radeon HD 6850 8gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3.16 TB of HDD space. SSD(s) soon Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32" viore Ultra X3 1000w 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
First build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Radeon HD 6850 8gig G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
3.16 TB of HDD space. SSD(s) soon Windows 7 Ultimate x64 32" viore Ultra X3 1000w 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Can someone offer advice, why does this keep happening?