Originally Posted by xKaoticWolf
I ran 1 pass of Memtest and I got 0 errors, so I can say that it probably isn't the ram, and after the gpu stress test the same for the gpu.
i haven't ran Memtest in a while. so i don't remember wat one pass means, sry. if one pass does test all the RAM then that is stinking fast. (ur PC.)
It use to take people all night to test just a fraction of the amount u have.
Memtest was invented to test ALL the RAM. If even one single Bit/ Byte is bad then the entire stick is bad. So make sure U don't need to run it over night to completely test RAM. If not needed overnight run, then cool.
Maybe one pass is enough.
Wait. I found the explanation i was thinking of:
Any errors, even one, is a bad sign and needs to be resolved before you can expect to install the OS or run reliably. At stock speeds, usually one pass is enough to find problems.
If overclocking, may want to run for a longer period (hours? overnight?) before you settle on settings that you want to stay with.
So that is cool because u reset ur RAM to stock speeds. For OCing RAM u run Multiple passes of Memtest to insure it will be stable over the long haul. cool, i re-learned something. where's my memory pills?
1. Have u recently checked the Start-up Tab in MSconfig? (See if anything weird has shown up there. Check each entry's file Paths listed and google entry's title if need be to understand if they are needed.)
2. Have u completely uninstalled and re-installed ur Vid drivers?
3. Have u checked ur Chipset Drivers? (To make sure ur not mistakenly running on Legacy MS drivers.)
Here's how to check if chipset drivers are Intel and not legacy MS:
- Open Device Manager.
- Select "Devices by connection" under the View menu.
- Expand the first group that says something and PC. Or such and such and PC.
- Expand PCI bus group.
- Check Properties of all the Intel devices.
- Most everything (90%) in the PCI bus group should have an Intel driver running it and NOT a Microsoft driver.
GL let me know how it goes.Edited by Bee Dee 3 Dee - 11/23/13 at 7:44pm