Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Dominators > Team Extreem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dominators > Team Extreem - Page 21

post #201 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post


Well there's how you manipulated the score. By changing the max FPS from 300 to 1000, you manipulate the test into getting a better score since some points in the test will yield much higher FPS than 300. This bumps the average FPS much higher.

Thanks.
OR, the fact that I can render higher than 300fps, and that just skews my results to peg them at 300.

FYI to get a score of 300 it takes more than a second or two above 300fps to get an average of 300.
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
OR, the fact that I can render higher than 300fps, and that just skews my results to peg them at 300.

FYI to get a score of 300 it takes more than a second or two above 300fps to get an average of 300.
Are you seriously going to try to argue this?

First you say you haven't tweaked anything and then when you get caught, the story changes. Run the test with fps_max 300 and see what score you get alright? I knew right off the bat that 301 FPS was impossible with that computer. You are not allowed to manipulate any tests to work to your advantage or else 3DMark would have no standardized settings (aa/af levels, resolution used etc).
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #203 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
Are you seriously going to try to argue this?

First you say you haven't tweaked anything and then when you get caught, the story changes. Run the test with fps_max 300 and see what score you get alright? I knew right off the bat that 301 FPS was impossible with that computer. You are not allowed to manipulate any tests to work to your advantage or else 3DMark would have no standardized settings (aa/af levels, resolution used etc).
Its not manipulating anything to my advantage. You have to have the good card to render that high. I can take a 6600GT and run this test at fps_max 1000000000, still wouldn't matter because the card couldn't get anywhere near 300fps.

To humor you, I'll go run it again at 300 fps.

I don't consider changing fps_max to accommodate my card a cheating tweak
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
I don't consider changing fps_max to accommodate my card a cheating tweak
Alright well that's hard to believe...

How is allowing YOUR TEST ONLY to run higher than 300 and bump the average significantly not cheating? This will disprove your theory. Test setup:

E6600 3.8Ghz
8800GTX
2GB DDR2-1000
Asus P5b Dlx

Two people have the above setup and they're arguing who's is better. If one does not know about CSS at all and runs the default test while the other knows to change it to 1000, who will win?

There you go. Unfair.
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #205 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
Alright well that's hard to believe...

How is allowing YOUR TEST ONLY to run higher than 300 and bump the average significantly not cheating? This will disprove your theory. Test setup:

E6600 3.8Ghz
8800GTX
2GB DDR2-1000
Asus P5b Dlx

Two people have the above setup and they're arguing who's is better. If one does not know about CSS at all and runs the default test while the other knows to change it to 1000, who will win?

There you go. Unfair.
I would tell the other person to run at fps_max 1000 because its obviously sitting at 299fps all day.

I just got 257.76, FYI the graph was pegged at 299fps for half the test (after the rotating objects).

-----

On another note,

What Is your 3dMark06 score?
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
On another note,

What Is your 3dMark06 score?
I have no idea because I do not enjoy benchmarking at all. I ran the CSS Stress test because it is very fast and I already have CSS installed. I'm not trying to prove that my computer is faster than yours. Everybody who has viewed this thread at one point or another already understands that your RAM is godlike and nobody on this planet can even think about competing with you. Your computer is so fast I don't even want to speak of challenging it. There, happy?

I was just pointing out that you manipulated the test to get a higher score. I still do not believe you got 257 because HOW can you beat a system using similar CPU/RAM settings but has an X1950XTX? Are you trying to say that your 7950GT is better than an X1900XTX/X1950XTX because if you are, then you're horribly wrong.
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
I have no idea because I do not enjoy benchmarking at all. I ran the CSS Stress test because it is very fast and I already have CSS installed. I'm not trying to prove that my computer is faster than yours. Everybody who has viewed this thread at one point or another already understands that your RAM is godlike and nobody on this planet can even think about competing with you. Your computer is so fast I don't even want to speak of challenging it. There, happy?

I was just pointing out that you manipulated the test to get a higher score. I still do not believe you got 257 because HOW can you beat a system using similar CPU/RAM settings but has an X1950XTX? Are you trying to say that your 7950GT is better than an X1900XTX/X1950XTX because if you are, then you're horribly wrong.
I don't understand it either. I was looking in PCG and I scored higher in Aquamark3 than some computer with a X6800 @ 3.6, with crossfire XTX's.

http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?i...hot0001rk3.jpg


I know my ram isn't the greatest nor is my computer, but I sure do act like it though huh?
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #208 of 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax View Post
I know my ram isn't the greatest nor is my computer, but I sure do act like it though huh?
Your ram is very good and so is your computer. Like I said before I am not trying to say mine is better in any way.

The reason why the nVidia cards own the ATi's in Aquamark3 is because since AM3 is such an old, unsupported program, the ATi cards aren't even natively supported. ATi users must patch the program with a hacked DLL to even get a score. AM3 cannot be used as an accurate comparison tool. 3DMark06 would be very good. I cant be bothered to download and install the huge thing and then wait forever to get a number. That just doesn't interest me. I'm sure somebody with a system similar to mine will though (Ihatethedukes?).
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.8ghz Asus P8P67 Deluxe Sapphire 7970 1200/1600 8GB GSKILL SNIPER 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
128GB OCZ Vertex 4 LG 24X SATA Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell 22/24/22 LCDs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Toughpower 1000watt 108A Corsair 800D Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QCK+ XFI XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #209 of 349
All you need for a high CS:S stress test score is a high clocked CPU, the video card doesn't matter for anything past the 6 series of nVidia and the X100 of ATi.

I have ran the test on all sorts of settings, maxed out @ 1440x900 and on Casey's config on 640x480 and I still got the same score of around 140.
My Rigasaurus-reX
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Toledo 3800 X2 E6 (CCBWE) DFI nF4 LanParty Ultra-D XFX 6800GS 500/1200 2x512MB OCZ Enhanced Latency 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD-Caviar 16M 3GB/s NEC ND-3550A Windows XP Pro SP2 17in. ŁĊĐ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Åntec TRUEPOWERII 550W ThermalTake Tsunami Logitech G7 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
SteelPad S&S 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rigasaurus-reX
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Toledo 3800 X2 E6 (CCBWE) DFI nF4 LanParty Ultra-D XFX 6800GS 500/1200 2x512MB OCZ Enhanced Latency 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250GB WD-Caviar 16M 3GB/s NEC ND-3550A Windows XP Pro SP2 17in. ŁĊĐ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 Åntec TRUEPOWERII 550W ThermalTake Tsunami Logitech G7 Wireless 
Mouse Pad
SteelPad S&S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvaL View Post
Your ram is very good and so is your computer. Like I said before I am not trying to say mine is better in any way.

The reason why the nVidia cards own the ATi's in Aquamark3 is because since AM3 is such an old, unsupported program, the ATi cards aren't even natively supported. ATi users must patch the program with a hacked DLL to even get a score. AM3 cannot be used as an accurate comparison tool. 3DMark06 would be very good. I cant be bothered to download and install the huge thing and then wait forever to get a number. That just doesn't interest me. I'm sure somebody with a system similar to mine will though (Ihatethedukes?).
Ah, I have never owned an ATI card so I don't know.

Maybe I'll order an XTX to see how it performs on my computer. =\\

Ill go boot at 1260 to see if I can get even higher =p.
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
MONOLITH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 L631A871 eVGA 780i Dual G92 GTS's Corsair Dominator 2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB Lite-On LightScribe Win Vista SP1 BenQ FP241w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saiktek Eclipse II Corsair HX620 Rocketfish Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Qck Heavy 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Dominators > Team Extreem