Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] "Little Italy" mITX build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] "Little Italy" mITX build - Page 2

post #11 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Ya I have seen a lot of people's build logs here on OCN change often rolleyes.gif

I think the AX120 is the best option for a slim XSPC (it has higher FPI and is slightly thicker). There are other brands though such as EK or Black Ice that have high FPI, slim rads.


Well my plans have already changed. Got online after work and noticed Corsair was having a huge refurb and accessory sale. So I picked myself up one of these little guys.



I also figured out my color scheme. Going to do a nationality based build here think I'm gonna call it Little Italy. Picked up a set of green Accessory cables and a Red 24pin cable set for the power supply. Red and green sleeved cables with Mayhem's Pastel White coolant. Might even order a White and a Green 24pin and do the 24pin like the flag.
Edited by Stuntfly02 - 11/26/13 at 6:51pm
post #12 of 232
O yes for $90 amiright?

So what rad are you going with? Another potentially good one I spotted is the EK Coolstream PE, 38mm thickness but high FPI so optimal for push-pull in your situation.
Edited by WarpPrism - 11/26/13 at 6:58pm
post #13 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

O yes for $90 amiright?

So what rad are you going with? Another potentially good one I spotted is the EK Coolstream PE, 38mm thickness but high FPI so optimal for push-pull in your situation.

Yes sir. I had the PSU and the green cables added and after the 10% discount it was like 120. I added the $10 24pin cable and it ended up being 118 plus 4.95 shipping.

Haven't decided on radiator yet. Had a long day at work and been just vegging tonight mainly. But I couldn't pass up on the deal corsair had going.
post #14 of 232
Subbed! Hopefully gonna make my own small factor soon ^.^
Elixus
(18 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula Club3D RoyalQueen R9 280x Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-X 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
G-Skill 2133 Mhz Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP35x Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution 2 Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat 7 Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Elixus
(18 items)
 
Surface Pro 3
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Asrock z87m OC Formula Club3D RoyalQueen R9 280x Sapphire R9 280x Vapor-X 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
G-Skill 2133 Mhz Samsung 840 Evo XSPC Raystorm Ek R9 280x Fullcover 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP35x Alphacool xt45 240mm Alphacool xt45 240mm Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix Evolution 2 Thermaltake Poseidon Z Seasonic G-series 750w Fractal Design Node 804 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat 7 Senior Yearbook (LOL) 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7 4650u 8 Gb 250 Gb ssd Windows 8.1 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
12 inch 1440x2160 Surface keyboard pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

Yes sir. I had the PSU and the green cables added and after the 10% discount it was like 120. I added the $10 24pin cable and it ended up being 118 plus 4.95 shipping.

Haven't decided on radiator yet. Had a long day at work and been just vegging tonight mainly. But I couldn't pass up on the deal corsair had going.

Wow only $4.95 shipping? For the refurb case sale the shipping was $20 or so... I am seriously considering an H100i for 60 bucks right now.

By the way, is there any way to see the shipping cost before checkout?
post #16 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

Wow only $4.95 shipping? For the refurb case sale the shipping was $20 or so... I am seriously considering an H100i for 60 bucks right now.

By the way, is there any way to see the shipping cost before checkout?

You have to go through the checkout process but you can see the cost of shipping before you hit the final button to place the order. I have an account on the site which shouldn't make a difference but they have 3 shipping optioins. 4-6 days standard and then UPS Ground and UPS 2 Day.
post #17 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

You have to go through the checkout process but you can see the cost of shipping before you hit the final button to place the order. I have an account on the site which shouldn't make a difference but they have 3 shipping optioins. 4-6 days standard and then UPS Ground and UPS 2 Day.

Okay, thanks for the info. The shipping costs probably differ based on what sort of item you're ordering. And I don't have an account on Corsair's web store so I will have to go through that.
post #18 of 232
Thread Starter 
Now that I have decided on a theme the real question is do I get the case redone in white? Or maybe like a Hunter Green? Or leave it alone? I am not sure what the cost would be to tear this case down and have it painted or powder coated.
post #19 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

Now that I have decided on a theme the real question is do I get the case redone in white? Or maybe like a Hunter Green? Or leave it alone? I am not sure what the cost would be to tear this case down and have it painted or powder coated.

I'm not too sure about how much it would cost (probably relatively inexpensive, as I have heard in other build logs), but I will say if you really want everything to match your theme and you want to make it look professional a white paint job would be best: neutral so it isn't biased toward red or green. Or if you get the case painted red or green I might say make the interior only white and the other color in order to create a balance.
post #20 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

I'm not too sure about how much it would cost (probably relatively inexpensive, as I have heard in other build logs), but I will say if you really want everything to match your theme and you want to make it look professional a white paint job would be best: neutral so it isn't biased toward red or green. Or if you get the case painted red or green I might say make the interior only white and the other color in order to create a balance.

I'm think the interior and the face white and the outer shell green. I could easily spray the mesh grills red too biggrin.gif

Oh I'm getting excited just thinking about this build. This is the sort of thing I wish I had done with my 800D. That case has so much potential but you have to tear it completely apart to do much with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] "Little Italy" mITX build