Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] "Little Italy" mITX build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] "Little Italy" mITX build - Page 3

post #21 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

I'm think the interior and the face white and the outer shell green. I could easily spray the mesh grills red too biggrin.gif

Oh I'm getting excited just thinking about this build. This is the sort of thing I wish I had done with my 800D. That case has so much potential but you have to tear it completely apart to do much with it.

I'm interested too to see what you'll do with the build. thumb.gif

I'll stay tuned to see what happens.
post #22 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpPrism View Post

I'm interested too to see what you'll do with the build. thumb.gif

I'll stay tuned to see what happens.

Nothing is going to happen super fast on this build. Got the power supply taken care of now. Still have to buy the CPU, Waterblock, Radiator, Pump, Res, fittings memory and fans. I have a SSD i can use right now. A Crucial M4 and that may end up in this system and the new samsung will make it into my tower. We shall see, but it will be after Christmas and New Year that this project will really take off. I may get to cutting out the holes for the windows this weekend. We shall see.

I'm just happy that there is interest in this build at all. My crappy build log that I did for my 800D which I linked in the first post got views but no replies. Mainly since it was just me posting Pics of me rebuilding the loop and adding my coolant I understand no replies.
post #23 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

Nothing is going to happen super fast on this build. Got the power supply taken care of now. Still have to buy the CPU, Waterblock, Radiator, Pump, Res, fittings memory and fans. I have a SSD i can use right now. A Crucial M4 and that may end up in this system and the new samsung will make it into my tower. We shall see, but it will be after Christmas and New Year that this project will really take off. I may get to cutting out the holes for the windows this weekend. We shall see.

I'm just happy that there is interest in this build at all. My crappy build log that I did for my 800D which I linked in the first post got views but no replies. Mainly since it was just me posting Pics of me rebuilding the loop and adding my coolant I understand no replies.

I'm happy to make anyone feel like someone is cheering them on. thumb.gif

I'm okay with waiting, just do your best in the build.

I find your Evolution build looks quite nice, especially at the end redface.gif
So do even better on this one wink.gif
Edited by WarpPrism - 11/27/13 at 12:16am
post #24 of 232
Definitely looks interesting!
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e8400 Asus P5E EVGA 9500 GT ocz reaper ddr2 1200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 Thermaltake Frio Advanced Windows 7 64 Bit BenQ V2210 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Logitech G15 v2 corsair gs700 Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Reply
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e8400 Asus P5E EVGA 9500 GT ocz reaper ddr2 1200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 Thermaltake Frio Advanced Windows 7 64 Bit BenQ V2210 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Logitech G15 v2 corsair gs700 Corsair M95 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 232
Subscribed: I'm interested in your workflow and dealing with parts piecemeal on a budget.

I like the idea of the white powder coat more than anything else for the Italy color combo.

As for the window on the opposite side, I always like seeing everything in the case so why not make it symmetrical with the other side's window. You could make the window half size like what you have outlined and test how you feel about visibility, and then enlarge it if you feel you need to see more.
Numenor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-3570K ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz HIS AMD R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin D... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB  McMaster-Carr UV-Resistant Extruded Acrylic Rou... Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 XFX Edition HD 7970/7950... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCR220-XP Radiator Swiftech MCP655 Cougar CF-V12HPB Vortex 120 mm PWM fan Monsoon Series Two D5 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Blue 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill 1/2" OD Ghost Compression Phanteks PH-F140XP-BK 140 mm PWM fan  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 140mm R... Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 2703 LED IPS 2560x1440 WQHD 27... KB Paradise 60% EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 850W  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Arc Midi ROCCAT Kone Pure ROCCAT Taito Mini-Size 3 mm Aune T1 DAC and Tube Amplifier 
Other
AKG K242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Numenor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-3570K ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz HIS AMD R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin D... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB  McMaster-Carr UV-Resistant Extruded Acrylic Rou... Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 XFX Edition HD 7970/7950... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCR220-XP Radiator Swiftech MCP655 Cougar CF-V12HPB Vortex 120 mm PWM fan Monsoon Series Two D5 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Blue 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill 1/2" OD Ghost Compression Phanteks PH-F140XP-BK 140 mm PWM fan  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 140mm R... Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 2703 LED IPS 2560x1440 WQHD 27... KB Paradise 60% EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 850W  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Arc Midi ROCCAT Kone Pure ROCCAT Taito Mini-Size 3 mm Aune T1 DAC and Tube Amplifier 
Other
AKG K242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWulfe View Post

Definitely looks interesting!

Appreciate that people are interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninhalem View Post

Subscribed: I'm interested in your workflow and dealing with parts piecemeal on a budget.

I like the idea of the white powder coat more than anything else for the Italy color combo.

As for the window on the opposite side, I always like seeing everything in the case so why not make it symmetrical with the other side's window. You could make the window half size like what you have outlined and test how you feel about visibility, and then enlarge it if you feel you need to see more.

I'm still debating on the window but I agree with you. I prolly will do the windows the same way. Maybe something in between the 2 I have drawn out. Then it would show off the PSU and everything on both sides.

I welcome any input people have. I may not use your suggestion but I'll seriously think about anything that is brought up.
post #27 of 232
Thread Starter 
Well I think I have the final scheme for the colors worked out.

Main Body, Shell(cover) and the removable Front Panel are all going to be white. The mesh screens that go on the front panel are going to be red. And then the PSU has a removable mounting bracket that I think I will do in green along with this small metal rod that goes between the 2 upper support arms and is also a tie down point for power cables

I am going to take it to an automotive paint shop and see what they think a decent price on painting it all will be. Might be a little cheaper. I'll at least get a quote from them on the cost to do what I want done. I'm thinking they can paint it without me tearing every little piece apart and having to redo the rivets. Don't really have a pic of everything in pieces but I do have a pic of them all bagged up and separated.



Now my final plan for the clear side panels. I am thinking I will go with the smaller of the 2 holes due to how I am going to be applying the windows. So heres the side panel and a pic of how I plan to hold it together. I originally planned to put the acrylic inside but it will interfere with putting the side panel on.



I am going to have the clear piece of acrylic for the window and then pressing against it another beveled piece which will slightly cover the clear part.. Maybe even with some evenly spaced holes for mounting screws.



I know its crude but it gives a decent idea of what I plan.
Edited by Stuntfly02 - 11/27/13 at 1:10pm
post #28 of 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post



I am going to have the clear piece of acrylic for the window and then pressing against it another beveled piece which will slightly cover the clear part.. Maybe even with some evenly spaced holes for mounting screws.


I know its crude but it gives a decent idea of what I plan.

Why not just use a heavy duty 3M clear mounting tape and not deal with the beveled piece?
This way, all you'd need to do is cut the acrylic window slightly bigger than your opening and use some of the tape to mount the window to the panel?
post #29 of 232
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimoswabi View Post

Why not just use a heavy duty 3M clear mounting tape and not deal with the beveled piece?
This way, all you'd need to do is cut the acrylic window slightly bigger than your opening and use some of the tape to mount the window to the panel?

Since I am going to be mounting it on the outside I want it to look at finished as possible. You would still be able to see the clear pieces of tape if I mount it from the outside. If i was mounting the window inside your option would work. A piece of white acrylic would cover the clear piece on the outside and look like it was supposed to be there i hope. Using a piece of 1/8" for the actual window and a 1/4" piece for the edging I think would work well. If I can do an angle of some sort on the outer part I think it would look even better



The red line is the 3M adhesive tape. And since it will be white or painted white you cant see through it and see the tape smile.gif
post #30 of 232
Thread Starter 
I wish someone had the case in Sketchup so I could more easily show this as well as do my own tinkering with component placement. It might be somewhat new and unpopular though, who knows.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › [Build Log] "Little Italy" mITX build