Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Overclooking Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2N RAM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclooking Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2N RAM - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklen View Post

Hey! where do you get that info from? I have Vengeance low profile 1600Mhz at Cas 9, version 8.12. How well do these overclock because I'm thinking of overclocking them in the near future.

you can take a look at my thread so far - you can see they don't OC well at all.
Reviewers I've seen get the vengeance to over 2100 at CL8/9
I'm struggling to hit 1800 at CL10/9
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

you can take a look at my thread so far - you can see they don't OC well at all.
Reviewers I've seen get the vengeance to over 2100 at CL8/9
I'm struggling to hit 1800 at CL10/9

Weird, but why are you overclocking your Ram anyway?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

What about that BIOS question - what would you say to put it on?
1:1 or auto?
Doesn't really make any difference.
100:100 only makes DDR3-1600, 1800, 2000, 2200, .. dividers available
100:133 only makes DDR3-1600, 1866, 2133, 2400, .. dividers available
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklen View Post

Hey! where do you get that info from? I have Vengeance low profile 1600Mhz at Cas 9, version 8.12. How well do these overclock because I'm thinking of overclocking them in the near future.
Based on personal experience and observations.
ver 8.xx stands for Nanya chips, I have seen some 1866C9-rated sets based on those, but never seen Nanya reach more.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklen View Post

Weird, but why are you overclocking your Ram anyway?

for the sake of it lol.
I OC'ed my monitor from 60hz to 70hz, my GPU GTX680 and thought to do my ram for the principal of it tongue.gif

I don't need the performance of any of those listed above, but done it because I can I guess + have time on my hands to fiddle around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam OCX View Post

Doesn't really make any difference.
100:100 only makes DDR3-1600, 1800, 2000, 2200, .. dividers available
100:133 only makes DDR3-1600, 1866, 2133, 2400, .. dividers available
Based on personal experience and observations.
ver 8.xx stands for Nanya chips, I have seen some 1866C9-rated sets based on those, but never seen Nanya reach more.

I see thanks mate.
Will run benchmarks now to see what the difference is synthetically - then decide which to settle on.
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
Update:
Bad news, prime failed within minutes of the 1800 oc and even when I put the command rate to 2n it still failed, thoughts?


OK!
Here are the benches of maxmem2!
All @ 1.55v and ran them 5x each on a restart of win7 64bit.

1600 9-9-9-24-2N:
Best mem copy: 24100
Best mem read: 21812
Best mem write: 21656
Best mem latency: 52.3
Click to view: (Click to show)








1600 9-9-9-24-1N:
Best mem copy: 24223
Best mem read: 22082
Best mem write: 21739
Best mem latency: 51.2
Click to view (Click to show)







1800 10-9-9-24-1N:
Best mem copy: 26107
Best mem read: 23659
Best mem write: 22205
Best mem latency: 49.0

Click to view (Click to show)






Edited by Totally Dubbed - 11/26/13 at 11:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Overclooking Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-2N RAM