Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Help A Noob Out. :3 BenQ or Qnix
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help A Noob Out. :3 BenQ or Qnix

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
So I want a new monitor and want to know which is better. The benq xl2420te or QNIX QX2710.

Im not that "tech savvy" when it comes to monitors so im sorry if I sound like a nub.

I dont know if there can be a loss in performance from the 1440 monitor. I have a GeForce GTX 570 if it matters. If I coould experience significant loss I think I might get the Benq.
post #2 of 6
Overall the Qnix would be a nicer display, being larger and with a higher resolution. However, since you are only on a 570 right now, running at 1440p would definitely push the card. If you have the 1.28GB 570, i would definitely recommend the benq. The 2.5GB 570 would definitely handle the higher resolution better.

Remember that the 1440p monitor will also display graphics nicer, as well as your desktop, pretty much everything that you see will be better with the higher resolution.

I say if you have the budget to get the qnix then get it. It will only make you want to upgrade your graphics sooner thumb.gif
Jetstream
(20 items)
 
Sager 6165
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 3930m nvidia gt650m 8gb ddr3 1600mhz 160gb intel ssd 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
toshiba 500gb 7200rpm cd/dvd rw w7 64 1080p matte 95% color gamut 
  hide details  
Reply
Jetstream
(20 items)
 
Sager 6165
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 3930m nvidia gt650m 8gb ddr3 1600mhz 160gb intel ssd 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
toshiba 500gb 7200rpm cd/dvd rw w7 64 1080p matte 95% color gamut 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nramotar23 View Post

Overall the Qnix would be a nicer display, being larger and with a higher resolution. However, since you are only on a 570 right now, running at 1440p would definitely push the card. If you have the 1.28GB 570, i would definitely recommend the benq. The 2.5GB 570 would definitely handle the higher resolution better.

Remember that the 1440p monitor will also display graphics nicer, as well as your desktop, pretty much everything that you see will be better with the higher resolution.

I say if you have the budget to get the qnix then get it. It will only make you want to upgrade your graphics sooner thumb.gif

Sweet thanks for replying. Do you think a 760 would be a good choice to upgrade to? Been looking for a reason to upgrade for a while now lol. :3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130949
post #4 of 6
1 vote for Benq.. Why? Because mine's perfect.. Good view angles, good colors, etc.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumby View Post

Sweet thanks for replying. Do you think a 760 would be a good choice to upgrade to? Been looking for a reason to upgrade for a while now lol. :3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130949



A 760 would be a nice upgrade for you from a gtx570. Also, check out the for sale/trade section of the forums. One member I saw was getting rid of both his gtx770s for $280 a piece (one evga one asus i think). As long as they positive trader rating, it is a great way to get good deals on new/used hardware.

Speaking of, I have a EVGA gtx 670 that I will be posting on there soon, asking ~220 shipped.
Jetstream
(20 items)
 
Sager 6165
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 3930m nvidia gt650m 8gb ddr3 1600mhz 160gb intel ssd 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
toshiba 500gb 7200rpm cd/dvd rw w7 64 1080p matte 95% color gamut 
  hide details  
Reply
Jetstream
(20 items)
 
Sager 6165
(8 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 3930m nvidia gt650m 8gb ddr3 1600mhz 160gb intel ssd 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
toshiba 500gb 7200rpm cd/dvd rw w7 64 1080p matte 95% color gamut 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nramotar23 View Post

A 760 would be a nice upgrade for you from a gtx570. Also, check out the for sale/trade section of the forums. One member I saw was getting rid of both his gtx770s for $280 a piece (one evga one asus i think). As long as they positive trader rating, it is a great way to get good deals on new/used hardware.

Speaking of, I have a EVGA gtx 670 that I will be posting on there soon, asking ~220 shipped.
Cool thanks for all the help man I appreciate it. I think im gonna go with the qnix because I love how vibrant it looks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Help A Noob Out. :3 BenQ or Qnix