Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › hey guys my monitor won't display anything
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

hey guys my monitor won't display anything

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey guys am new to this forum and am sorry if I've posted in the wrong section
I have a problem my monitor won't display anything
I have removed my video card and connected the dvi cable to the motherboard. Still the same issue.
What can be wrong? It was working I few days back. It then started showing bsod saying display driver error something. Then i einstalled new drivers and stuff. But dint work and suddenly now the monitor won't display anything.
Is it that my mother boards gone? Or my psu? When I turn on the cpu and video card fan turns on and even the hdd and dvd Drive. I have tried removing and installing all hard ware but no luck
My pc configuration
Amd 945g x4 phenom 2 processor
Asus mother board with am 2+ pin. I don't remember the model number sorry frown.gif
Nvidia 9800gt 1 gb
2+1 ddr2 transcend ram
500 gb sea gate hdd
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyced View Post

Hey guys am new to this forum and am sorry if I've posted in the wrong section
I have a problem my monitor won't display anything
I have removed my video card and connected the dvi cable to the motherboard. Still the same issue.
What can be wrong? It was working I few days back. It then started showing bsod saying display driver error something. Then i einstalled new drivers and stuff. But dint work and suddenly now the monitor won't display anything.
Is it that my mother boards gone? Or my psu? When I turn on the cpu and video card fan turns on and even the hdd and dvd Drive. I have tried removing and installing all hard ware but no luck
My pc configuration
Amd 945g x4 phenom 2 processor
Asus mother board with am 2+ pin. I don't remember the model number sorry frown.gif
Nvidia 9800gt 1 gb
2+1 ddr2 transcend ram
500 gb sea gate hdd

Display driver failures are usually bad video cards.
Pull the 9800gt out and try to boot it without a video card just plugged into the mobo.
Desktop!
(19 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.92 Ghz 1.44Vcore 24/7 Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 3 GTX 980 Ti @ 1450Mhz  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo XSPC Raystorm XSPC Razor GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Photon 2x XSPC EX240 6x Gentle Typhoon AP-14's Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU 1440P 144Hz IPS OCN Ducky Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop!
(19 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.92 Ghz 1.44Vcore 24/7 Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 3 GTX 980 Ti @ 1450Mhz  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo XSPC Raystorm XSPC Razor GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Photon 2x XSPC EX240 6x Gentle Typhoon AP-14's Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU 1440P 144Hz IPS OCN Ducky Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey thanks for your reply
But I've tried connecting it to mother boards dvi port. Same issue. Display won't turn on frown.gif
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyced View Post

Hey thanks for your reply
But I've tried connecting it to mother boards dvi port. Same issue. Display won't turn on frown.gif

Seems to me its a bad VGA, remember that if you switch to the mobo's dvi port you need to activate the internal VGA in bios. Still if it doesn't post (you can't see it on screen) it may be a bad cable. If another cable doesn't solve it, hook the monitor to another pc. if it works it is your pc that something dies inside and if it is not then it is the monitor itself that died.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyced View Post

Hey thanks for your reply
But I've tried connecting it to mother boards dvi port. Same issue. Display won't turn on frown.gif


Did you try it with the video card not seated in the PCI-E slot?
Desktop!
(19 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.92 Ghz 1.44Vcore 24/7 Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 3 GTX 980 Ti @ 1450Mhz  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo XSPC Raystorm XSPC Razor GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Photon 2x XSPC EX240 6x Gentle Typhoon AP-14's Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU 1440P 144Hz IPS OCN Ducky Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop!
(19 items)
 
Spare Gaming Rig
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @ 4.92 Ghz 1.44Vcore 24/7 Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 3 GTX 980 Ti @ 1450Mhz  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin D... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
256GB Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 Evo XSPC Raystorm XSPC Razor GPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
XSPC Photon 2x XSPC EX240 6x Gentle Typhoon AP-14's Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU 1440P 144Hz IPS OCN Ducky Corsair 750 RM Phanteks Evolv ATX 
MouseAudio
Logitech G602 Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE GTX 980 Ti @ 1400 Mhz 4 x 4GB (16GB) Corsair LPX DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB Seagate 1TB RAID HDD Cosair H240 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPower
Asus P278Q Razer BlackWidow Corsair 650W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Yes I did
Removed the dvi cable. Removed the video card and connected to the mother boards dvi port. Still the same problem :|
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hey guys so this is what I did
I removed my cpu. Went to my neigh bours place. Connected his vgi cable to the mother board. And the power supply. Still no display frown.gif so what is the issue? I even removed the battery and kept it out for some time for the mother board to reset. Nothing worked.
Finally what is not working in my pc? That I need to replace
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshyced View Post

Hey guys so this is what I did
I removed my cpu. Went to my neigh bours place. Connected his vgi cable to the mother board. And the power supply. Still no display frown.gif so what is the issue? I even removed the battery and kept it out for some time for the mother board to reset. Nothing worked.
Finally what is not working in my pc? That I need to replace

Then it is your motherboard, probably.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › hey guys my monitor won't display anything