Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Sugo SG05/06 Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Silverstone Sugo SG05/06 Owners' Club - Page 14

post #131 of 1228
I'll be joining this club come Monday. Ditching my behemoth of a tower for a small package. Will edit this post with details of the build.

CPU - Intel i5 4670k
Mobo - AsRock Z87E-ITX
Ram - Crucial Sport 2x8GB @1600
PSU - Silverstone 450W SFX
GPU - Existing gtx 560ti
Case - SG06
CPU cooler - Stock for now, might put my old Dark Knight on it
Deimos
(13 items)
 
Pluto
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T Biostar TA890FXE Nvidia GTX 470 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 MZ-7PC128D/AM Western Digital Black Western Digital Green Western Digital Blue 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Dtek v2 Water Windows 7 Pro Fedora 16 LG4250 42" LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergo Silverstone ST-1000P Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
X-Trac Ripper Asus D1 
  hide details  
Reply
Deimos
(13 items)
 
Pluto
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T Biostar TA890FXE Nvidia GTX 470 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 MZ-7PC128D/AM Western Digital Black Western Digital Green Western Digital Blue 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Dtek v2 Water Windows 7 Pro Fedora 16 LG4250 42" LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergo Silverstone ST-1000P Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
X-Trac Ripper Asus D1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #132 of 1228
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by manching View Post



how did you install the power supply? can you upload pics at the back of the case? thanks!

cut off the metal lip inside the case that holds the SFX PSU in place and dril new holes. Depending on the ATX PSU used, you may have to enlarge the rectangular cutout for the breathing/socket.
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Rover
(25 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2550K Asus Maximus V Gene XFX 6950 reference Avexir CORE series red LED 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120 GB SSD WD Blue 2.5" ASUS DVD-RW Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Acer 23' LED LCD 5ms monitor Cooler Master Storm Trigger XFX 750w  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Full Tower in White/Red Logitech G600 generic red/white/black mouse pad Sony 520w stereo 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Bitfenix single-sleeved cable extensions Red Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech MCR420-QP Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Swiftech Maelsrtom EK FC6970 waterblock NZXT FS200 (x5) NZXT FX120 (x1) 
Other
XSPC Xinrulian 120mm (x8) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #133 of 1228
I've recently completed a build using the sg05 but are having some issues with cpu temperatures. Specifications are:

i5 4670
msi H87I
Noctua NH-l9i

Idle temps are around the mid 40's and in games that has increased up to over 80 which seems high, would there be an issue with the airflow of the case or is it more likely to relate to the noctua cooler.
post #134 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ign0to View Post

I've recently completed a build using the sg05 but are having some issues with cpu temperatures. Specifications are:

i5 4670
msi H87I
Noctua NH-l9i

Idle temps are around the mid 40's and in games that has increased up to over 80 which seems high, would there be an issue with the airflow of the case or is it more likely to relate to the noctua cooler.

I would guess the TIM isn't getting good coverage under the heatsink. I recommend you remove the heatsink and reapply thermal paste and the reseat the cooler, remember, not to much thermal paste, as that can give bad temps also.. I've had a 3770k@4.7Ghz with an aircooler (NT06-Pro) in the SG05, and it never saw 80c+ even in prime95. Also make sure you front fan is actually spinning well too.......
post #135 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

I would guess the TIM isn't getting good coverage under the heatsink. I recommend you remove the heatsink and reapply thermal paste and the reseat the cooler, remember, not to much thermal paste, as that can give bad temps also.. I've had a 3770k@4.7Ghz with an aircooler (NT06-Pro) in the SG05, and it never saw 80c+ even in prime95. Also make sure you front fan is actually spinning well too.......

Wow 4.7ghz with an air cooler in an sg05 Jim? Call me impressed, which video card? Was it overclocked also? Understanding the strain with the 450 watt silver stone gold (assuming you used this also).

I shall try this when I get home leaving my 780ti stock and amping up the 4770k
#phase02
(24 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5820k Asus X99M-WS Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 16GB LPX DDR4 Crucial M4 256GB SSD Toshiba 4TB HDD Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Single 5.25" bay Reservoir Alphacool XT45 180mm Radiator Alphacool UT60 120mm Radiator EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block Silverstone AP182 Air Penetrator 180mm Fan Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP29 Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PB2874Q 4K  Cooler Master Quickfire XTi Seasonic SS-1200XPS3 1200 Watt Platinum Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Cooler Master Reaper Steel Series QCK+ Large Denon AVR Surround Receiever Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohms Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
#phase02
(24 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 5820k Asus X99M-WS Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB Sapphire r9 290X Vapor-X 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair 16GB LPX DDR4 Crucial M4 256GB SSD Toshiba 4TB HDD Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Single 5.25" bay Reservoir Alphacool XT45 180mm Radiator Alphacool UT60 120mm Radiator EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-FC VAPOR-X GPU Water-Block Silverstone AP182 Air Penetrator 180mm Fan Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP29 Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS PB2874Q 4K  Cooler Master Quickfire XTi Seasonic SS-1200XPS3 1200 Watt Platinum Silverstone TJ08-E 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Cooler Master Reaper Steel Series QCK+ Large Denon AVR Surround Receiever Beyerdynamic DT990 250 ohms Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #136 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyp36rmax View Post

Wow 4.7ghz with an air cooler in an sg05 Jim? Call me impressed, which video card? Was it overclocked also? Understanding the strain with the 450 watt silver stone gold (assuming you used this also).

I shall try this when I get home leaving my 780ti stock and amping up the 4770k

That's was with a GTX770 SC ACX @stock EVGA settings. I wasn't able to OC the GPU with the CPU running at that speed, but that was a golden 3770k, I could do 4.7Ghz with only 1.275v stable, that's part of why its temps were so good. And yes, it was the 450Gold. I was also running a Silverstone AP-121 in the front to help with airflow. I miss that system sometimes. I sold it to a friend that does a lot of LAN events, and he just had to have it. I have a spare 2700k laying around that can do 5+ghz @1.29v that I might use to build another SG05 system.
post #137 of 1228
Hello SG05 owners, Im looking at building a htpc with maybe steam os on in the future for the living room. I love the size of the sg05 and think it wont look out of place as a htpc next to the tv. Im currently debating on the 450w gold modular power supply or the 450w bronze non modular, as I heard the gold's modular connections clash with the odd bay, is it possible to fit both in (the psu and odd bay) whilst being just tight? or does some form of modding need to be done to fit the ST45SF-G in with the odd/hdd tray?

I want to avoid having excess cables in the case hence the modular psu choice and would like the gold rated efficiency. What would you recommend I do? Also debating whether I need a blu ray drive which will solve the problem if I dont as I can just velcro the ssd somewhere.

Also can anybody recommend me a good, very quiet cpu cooler? Dont want anything to big, just needs to be quiet and better than the stock intel cooler. Will only be running a i3 4130 so wont be oc'ing etc, thanks smile.gif

Lastly can someone comment on the build quality of the case? thanks.
Edited by RyReZar - 3/9/14 at 2:07pm
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #138 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Hello SG05 owners, Im looking at building a htpc with maybe steam os on in the future for the living room. I love the size of the sg05 and think it wont look out of place as a htpc next to the tv. Im currently debating on the 450w gold modular power supply or the 450w bronze non modular, as I heard the gold's modular connections clash with the odd bay, is it possible to fit both in (the psu and odd bay) whilst being just tight? or does some form of modding need to be done to fit the ST45SF-G in with the odd/hdd tray?

I want to avoid having excess cables in the case hence the modular psu choice and would like the gold rated efficiency. What would you recommend I do? Also debating whether I need a blu ray drive which will solve the problem if I dont as I can just velcro the ssd somewhere.

Also can anybody recommend me a good, very quiet cpu cooler? Dont want anything to big, just needs to be quiet and better than the stock intel cooler. Will only be running a i3 4130 so wont be oc'ing etc, thanks smile.gif

The 450Gold WILL work in the SG05 WITH the the ODD tray assembly installed and occupied with an ODD, it is a right fit, but there is no actual interference. I just wire up the system with the ODD/HDD tray removed, then do the drives last, it does help to install your SATA cables on the motherboard first, and to cut down on cable clutter, since the ODD power/data adapters use molex for power, I used a molex to dual SATA power adapter to run the other drives, that allowed me to forgo using the strand of SATA power connectors for the psu also. That meant I only had to use the 8pin eps, 24pin mobo, the pcie power cable and a molex. biggrin.gif

Edit: I mount the PSU so the fan is facing the inside of the PC also, so maybe that's why I didn't have any problems with fit........

Also, for my HTPC setup, I used the stock cooler from a i7-4770k, it's got a copper core versus all aluminum, and does much better with the i3's temps, and as such, doesn't make hardly any noise, and I dang sure can't hear anything over the TV!!
Edited by Jimhans1 - 3/9/14 at 2:13pm
post #139 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

The 450Gold WILL work in the SG05 WITH the the ODD tray assembly installed and occupied with an ODD, it is a right fit, but there is no actual interference. I just wire up the system with the ODD/HDD tray removed, then do the drives last, it does help to install your SATA cables on the motherboard first, and to cut down on cable clutter, since the ODD power/data adapters use molex for power, I used a molex to dual SATA power adapter to run the other drives, that allowed me to forgo using the strand of SATA power connectors for the psu also. That meant I only had to use the 8pin eps, 24pin mobo, the pcie power cable and a molex. biggrin.gif

Edit: I mount the PSU so the fan is facing the inside of the PC also, so maybe that's why I didn't have any problems with fit........

Also, for my HTPC setup, I used the stock cooler from a i7-4770k, it's got a copper core versus all aluminum, and does much better with the i3's temps, and as such, doesn't make hardly any noise, and I dang sure can't hear anything over the TV!!
Thanks for the reply, thats good to hear. Dont mind if its tight as long as it fits with no damage done to cables. I will try the stock cooler first then I think to check noise/temp levels and then can always upgrade if needed.

Is the gold 450w psu fairly quiet? As using as a htpc I dont want to hear it when running ideally. And can you comment on the case build quality, is it solid enough to move around on occasions once filled with components? Thanks.
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #140 of 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Thanks for the reply, thats good to hear. Dont mind if its tight as long as it fits with no damage done to cables. I will try the stock cooler first then I think to check noise/temp levels and then can always upgrade if needed.

Is the gold 450w psu fairly quiet? As using as a htpc I dont want to hear it when running ideally. And can you comment on the case build quality, is it solid enough to move around on occasions once filled with components? Thanks.

Yeah, I had the 450W G PSU and it ran very quiet in a HTPC gaming environment. I didn't think that it would, but it actually held it own proving me wrong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Silverstone Sugo SG05/06 Owners' Club