Looks of the PC don't really matter.
I built a simple gaming PC about 3 years ago with i5 CPU, single GTX 580 GPU, MSI MPower motherboard and 8GB corsair RAM etc. for about $2000.
I saved about $3000 since last year and will start working soon during university so I'm thinking of building a new PC.
I am not sure if early 2014 is a good time to build or if good new stuff that is worth waiting for is coming out.
The specifications I chose so far are:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K
- GPU: 2-way SLI GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB
- Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme9
- RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 X 4GB)
- PSU: Corsair AX1200i
- SSD: 3 X Samsung 840 PRO 256GB in RAID 0
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
- Cooling: Corsair H110 280mm CPU Cooler
Do the above specifications make the kind of PC I am looking for? What can I change?
I was thinking of watercooling the system but that would push the price up by around $700. Not sure if worth it.
Edited by user2357 - 12/1/13 at 12:03am